How Much Should DLC Be?

100.00 for 360...

And First DLC for PS3 should be FREE just to get people back on PS3 again!

Nuff Said!

LOL!

Why is it that PS3 users ***** about how the Xbox 360 Users ***** about not having an exclusive, but then go on *****ing about how PSN is down? Not saying your the one doing it in particular, but I just find it funny.

Castlevania; Harmony of Despair, while not a fighting game, had characters priced at 400 M$P per one character, and I am honestly expecting similar here. I just hope we had enough sales to make the first couple free.

Some people saying FREE!!! could use an economics lesson. There's no reason for them to make DLC unless they can pay their staff to do so while also making a worthwhile profit.

As it stands, there's 27 playable characters (28 for PS3 users), which comes to about $2 per character for a $60 game (that's not factoring in stages, etc). So anything over $3 per DLC character, I'd probably scoff at. A "$3 per character, $10 for pack of 4" model I think is the upper end of what I'd accept.

Stages would be a hard sell individually. They'd have to have some really cool elements (stage fatalities) for me to bite. $1 per stage (which sounds too low) is about what I'd pay. Packaged in with other content, that would make it easier for me to accept though.

The best package would probably be inclusive packages that have DLC characters, alts, stages, fatalities, etc included. That way if you can't justify spending $$$ on ONE costume for a character you don't even main, at least you'd still be getting something in the package that you consider valuable.

Either that or a package for additional content (fatalities, alts, stages) and a separate package of characters would be effective, IMO.

Some people saying FREE!!! could use an economics lesson. There's no reason for them to make DLC unless they can pay their staff to do so while also making a worthwhile profit.

As it stands, there's 27 playable characters (28 for PS3 users), which comes to about $2 per character for a $60 game (that's not factoring in stages, etc). So anything over $3 per DLC character, I'd probably scoff at. A "$3 per character, $10 for pack of 4" model I think is the upper end of what I'd accept.

Stages would be a hard sell individually. They'd have to have some really cool elements (stage fatalities) for me to bite. $1 per stage (which sounds too low) is about what I'd pay. Packaged in with other content, that would make it easier for me to accept though.

The best package would probably be inclusive packages that have DLC characters, alts, stages, fatalities, etc included. That way if you can't justify spending $$$ on ONE costume for a character you don't even main, at least you'd still be getting something in the package that you consider valuable.

Either that or a package for additional content (fatalities, alts, stages) and a separate package of characters would be effective, IMO.

That's why the Klassic Pack should be free. No extra work goes into it.

It should also include the Klassic costumes that weren't pre-orderable... Noob/Smoke I think.

Well, when it comes to costumes, I couldn't see it being any more than $1, if they want to make it cheaper than the alternate costumes from Street Fighter IV.

i think 2 dollars per person, but i really don't know. MVC3 were 5 dollars for some crappy characters imo, but if NRS makes them good with decent finishers, x-rays, and specials i might say okay for 5 dollars but i hope not.
s

Either way i just wish they would release dlc as for Sony online there's rumors from japan Sony that the psn wont be ready till the end of May, glad i got the 360 version, feel sorry for ps3 owners

I don't want to spend a crapload for Klassic costumes, considering I already have Scorpion and Ermac. I would say 100 or 200 points for one character. 50 or 100 for a new costume. Give some choice for people that don't want to pay for fighters they won't use.

Here's what I'd like to see in terms of content and price:

$4 per additional character
$7.50 for a two-character bundle (they take a lot of work)

Retro pack - $15, includes MK3 costumes for all characters, stage fatalities for the remaining stages, an additional fatality per fighter, and a friendship per fighter.
$2 if you want the costume, fatality and friendship for just one fighter.

What I'd really like to see is them slip in additional stage fatalities, hidden boss fights and friendships via patches, similar to what they did in the original arcade patches.