Goro and Release date revealed.

Revamping a character like Bo' Rai Cho is cheap. It's like "Oh we did a terrible job with this character, so lets just scrap it and start over."

No, it's like saying "You didn't like the toilet humor so we took it out."

What you said could apply to revamping ANY character, yet you only choose to say it about Bo' Rai Cho...

Now, do I want Bo' Rai Cho involved with the story? Yes. At this point there's no fighting the fact that he plays a very specific and necessary role. But as a character he still sucks and doesn't fit in well with the rest of the MK universe.

He DOES fit into the MK universe.
You just refuse to give him a chance because you can't get over a few toilet jokes.

You thinking Bo' Rai Cho sucks =/= Bo Rai Cho not fitting in.

Bringing up K/Chameleon is pointless. They are characters that never went anywhere. Ed Boon and friends didn't feel the need to move them beyond copy cat generic ninjas, despite their potential. They hardly exist within the storyline and were never given a fair chance. That is why I feel they are more worthy of a revamp. And not just them, either.

Revamping a character like K/Chameleon is cheap. It's like "Oh we did a terrible job with this character, so lets just scrap it and start over."

See how that goes both ways?

Again, I'm open to a Bo Rai' Cho revamp... But as far as that character is concerned, he's better off staying in the background far away from the playable roster of combatants. They tried bringing him up front, they failed. At this point they can either accept the loss or strip him of the stupid sh** that made him memorable in the first place and just hope people don't call them out on it.

Doesn't sound like you're very open to me..
Sounds like you think YOUR favorites are the only ones who are worthy of a revamp.

They easily can take the farting out.
Nobody would "call them out" for it, they would praise them for doing Bo' Rai Cho proper.

Revamping a character like Bo' Rai Cho is cheap. It's like "Oh we did a terrible job with this character, so lets just scrap it and start over."

Isn't the the point of a revamp in the first place?
They revamped Kano for MKX and hit it spot on.

No, it's like saying "You didn't like the toilet humor so we took it out."

What you said could apply to revamping ANY character, yet you only choose to say it about Bo' Rai Cho...

That's cheap, though. You're literally changing a pre-established character for no reason other than "Nobody liked him". That sh** is sloppy and cheap. It shows piss poor work on the writers/designers part. Bite the bullet and accept defeat. The character sucked. Go somewhere else with the story. Even if they take away the toilet humor, he will always be remembered for that. The damage is done. lol

He DOES fit into the MK universe.
You just refuse to give him a chance because you can't get over a few toilet jokes.

You thinking Bo' Rai Cho sucks =/= Bo Rai Cho not fitting in.

It has nothing to do with thinking he sucks. Play through MK 1-4. Study the tone of those games. It's very dark and very serious. The jokes that do exist within those games are nothing more than bonus content made to poke fun of the controversy surrounding the violence and mature nature of the series. All of a sudden you have this big fat doofy looking guy who farts, spews vomit everywhere and sways back and forth in a drunken haze. On top of it they give him an essential role within the lore!

People are supposed to take this seriously? From the original tone that was set for the series, to fu****g toilet humor?

You'd have to be an idiot to think he fits into the MK world.

Revamping a character like K/Chameleon is cheap. It's like "Oh we did a terrible job with this character, so lets just scrap it and start over."

See how that goes both ways?

No. It doesn't go both ways. You clearly aren't getting it. The 'meleons are not fully fleshed out characters. They never made it that far. They are still in BETA stages, basically. Bo' Rai Cho IS fully fleshed out and was given a role within the story. Taking away what makes him memorable is just pointless. He already failed as a character. The 'meleons were never given a proper chance as real characters. They just... exist. That's it.

Doesn't sound like you're very open to me..
Sounds like you think YOUR favorites are the only ones who are worthy of a revamp.

They easily can take the farting out.
Nobody would "call them out" for it, they would praise them for doing Bo' Rai Cho proper.

Not at all. I feel there are many characters worthy of a revamp that I don't particularly like. But Bo' Rai Cho is not one of them. Sorry. That right there is my opinion. And for the record, I rarely ever played as Chameleon. I didn't like how he was ignored during the character evolution that Reptile, Jade, Smoke and many others went through.

Isn't the the point of a revamp in the first place?
They revamped Kano for MKX and hit it spot on.

Kano is essentially still Kano. He has an updated design, yes... But not one that changes him as a character. He wasn't necessarily improved, either. He's just different for the sake of changing things up with each game. MKX Kano is definitely cool looking and 'spot on'... But I wouldn't say his character was revamped. Not in the way that Kickin is suggesting for Bo' Rai Cho.

He's an ass kicking commando now. With a lot of sick military styled attacks.
Whereas before he was just rolly polly grunt Kano.

He's an ass kicking commando now. With a lot of sick military styled attacks.
Whereas before he was just rolly polly grunt Kano.

He currently has his rolly polly schtick and relies heavily on his knife. So he's still the same old Kano... Just with some new additions to his combat style.

That's cheap, though. You're literally changing a pre-established character for no reason other than "Nobody liked him". That sh** is sloppy and cheap. It shows piss poor work on the writers/designers part. Bite the bullet and accept defeat. The character sucked. Go somewhere else with the story. Even if they take away the toilet humor, he will always be remembered for that. The damage is done. lol

Surprise, You're being a total hypocrite again.

Talking about damage being done?
So Bo' Rai Cho's toilet humor has to be forever and the K/Chameleon's can do whatever they want?
No!
THAT'S changing a pre-established character for no reason other than "Nobody liked him".
Were not changing Bo' Rai Cho because nobody likes him, it's because nobody likes the toilet humor.

It has nothing to do with thinking he sucks. Play through MK 1-4. Study the tone of those games. It's very dark and very serious. The jokes that do exist within those games are nothing more than bonus content made to poke fun of the controversy surrounding the violence and mature nature of the series. All of a sudden you have this big fat doofy looking guy who farts, spews vomit everywhere and sways back and forth in a drunken haze. On top of it they give him an essential role within the lore!

It has EVERYTHING to do with YOU thinking he sucks.
MK 1-4 did NOT have as serious as a tone as you're making it out.

"poke fun of the controversy surrounding the violence and mature nature of the series."
That's EXACTLY what Bo' Rai Cho's fatality was. Poking fun at the violence by making him kill his opponent in the most ridiculous way possible, a fart.
Sure, it wasn't funny, but that's not the point.

You'd have to be an idiot to think he fits into the MK world.

I was wondering when you would resort to insults. It's basically all you have left.
A drunken master fits JUST fine into the world of MK.
Take out the toilet humor and you have yourself a badass character.

You would never see it tho, all you care about is "PUKE AND FARTS, PUKE AND FARTS!!"

I'm not an idiot for liking Bo' Rai Cho and thinking he fits into the MK lore.

No. It doesn't go both ways. You clearly aren't getting it. The 'meleons are not fully fleshed out characters. They never made it that far. They are still in BETA stages, basically. Bo' Rai Cho IS fully fleshed out and was given a role within the story. Taking away what makes him memorable is just pointless. He already failed as a character. The 'meleons were never given a proper chance as real characters. They just... exist. That's it.

how many times do i have to say it?
Bo' Rai Cho was not farting or puking in the story

Taking it out would do noting to him besides make him better.
It makes no sense to say a character like K/Chameleon deserves a revamp more because they weren't used as much.

"Even if they take away the copy cat moves, he will always be remembered for them. The damage is done."

Does that look familiar?

And for the record, I rarely ever played as Chameleon. I didn't like how he was ignored during the character evolution that Reptile, Jade, Smoke and many others went through.

And I didn't like how Bo' Rai Cho's moveset was ignored. Sure they gave him a part in the story. But they took the easy way out gameplay wise and made the fat guy a sleeze ball.
And that could easily be changed, but again, you refuse to see it.

Kano is essentially still Kano. He has an updated design, yes... But not one that changes him as a character. He wasn't necessarily improved, either. He's just different for the sake of changing things up with each game. MKX Kano is definitely cool looking and 'spot on'... But I wouldn't say his character was revamped. Not in the way that Kickin is suggesting for Bo' Rai Cho.

Bo Rai Cho's "revamp" would barley be considered a revamp.
It would just be a Bo' Rai Cho who doesn't fart and puke. That's not taking his whole story and changing it all up.
He would still be a teacher, he would still be a drunken master, and he would still be from outworld....
He would just drop the farts.

That's WAY less of an update then Kano got.
Kano didn't just ditch some stuff that people didn't like, he added a whole bunch of shit.
With Bo Rai Cho, you're just taking out the farts, and replacing it with martial art moves that revolve around being wasted.

Last edited:
Surprise, You're being a total hypocrite again.

Talking about damage being done?
So Bo' Rai Cho's toilet humor has to be forever and the K/Chameleon's can do whatever they want?
No!
THAT'S changing a pre-established character for no reason other than "Nobody liked him".
Were not changing Bo' Rai Cho because nobody likes him, it's because nobody likes the toilet humor.

Sigh... Look up the word hypocrite and try reading my posts again.

The 'Meleons can't do whatever they want (whatever the hell that means). They are just more available for exploration. I'm not sure how else I can say this.

Also, Bo' Rai Cho usually ranks pretty high on lists for the worst MK characters ever. The fans have spoken. Bo' Rai Cho is a fuc**** flop. Get over it.

It has EVERYTHING to do with YOU thinking he sucks.
MK 1-4 did NOT have as serious as a tone as you're making it out.

"poke fun of the controversy surrounding the violence and mature nature of the series."
That's EXACTLY what Bo' Rai Cho's fatality was. Poking fun at the violence by making him kill his opponent in the most ridiculous way possible, a fart.
Sure, it wasn't funny, but that's not the point.

Oh, it didn't? Go back and experience the visuals... The sounds... Everything. They are incredibly dark games. And that all went to sh** after MK4. Even MK9 lacked the tone of the originals. I grew up with these games and transitioned into the 3D era as it took place. I know what I'm talking about. The series shifted several times and even fell behind due to how far off the path it wandered.

If Bo' Rai Cho's ridiculous fatality was commentary, it sure as hell wasn't in reference to the controversy of the series.

I was wondering when you would resort to insults. It's basically all you have left.
A drunken master fits JUST fine into the world of MK.
Take out the toilet humor and you have yourself a badass character.

You would never see it tho, all you care about is "PUKE AND FARTS, PUKE AND FARTS!!"

I'm not an idiot for liking Bo' Rai Cho and thinking he fits into the MK lore.

Actually, that wasn't a personal insult against you, but it doesn't surprise me that you took it as one. Also, take away the toilet humor and you've got a very unfinished character that once again doesn't belong on the roster.

how many times do i have to say it?
Bo' Rai Cho was not farting or puking in the story

Taking it out would do noting to him besides make him better.
It makes no sense to say a character like K/Chameleon deserves a revamp more because they weren't used as much.

"Even if they take away the copy cat moves, he will always be remembered for them. The damage is done."

Does that look familiar?

He wasn't?! Maybe that's why I remember nothing Bo' Rai Cho related in the story... You know, other than he's the guy who trained Liu Kang or some sh**. (I'm saying he's boring and forgettable even without the awful toilet humor)

As for K/Chameleon, I'm done with that subject. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

And I didn't like how Bo' Rai Cho's moveset was ignored. Sure they gave him a part in the story. But they took the easy way out gameplay wise and made the fat guy a sleeze ball.
And that could easily be changed, but again, you refuse to see it.

BUT THAT'S HIS CHARACTER! Changing a character completely due to a negative response to him is fuc**** weak as hell. If it's broke, chuck it out the window, buy something else and give it the same name? What the hell? Just face it, the character is garbage. Move the f*** on.

Your last two paragraphs were just more of the same. I think we've covered it.

It's stupid.

Now, do I want Bo' Rai Cho involved with the story? Yes. At this point there's no fighting the fact that he plays a very specific and necessary role. But as a character he still sucks and doesn't fit in well with the rest of the MK universe.

Bringing up K/Chameleon is pointless. They are characters that never went anywhere. Ed Boon and friends didn't feel the need to move them beyond copy cat generic ninjas, despite their potential. They hardly exist within the storyline and were never given a fair chance. That is why I feel they are more worthy of a revamp. And not just them, either.

Again, I'm open to a Bo Rai' Cho revamp... But as far as that character is concerned, he's better off staying in the background far away from the playable roster of combatants. They tried bringing him up front, they failed. At this point they can either accept the loss or strip him of the stupid sh** that made him memorable in the first place and just hope people don't call them out on it.

I completely agree with this but my only problem is the "C" not the "K" ;)
At least Khameleon has some what of a backstory she's from the near extinct Saurian race, everyone wants to see interaction with reptile etc. (btw reptile really needs something.... i dunno a rival, just anything... he needs to freshen up and have a purpose)
however Chameleon on the other hand started out with nothing... and still has nothing going for him. "Any and all" info on him is only speculation and conjecture.
Also he has zero moves of his own and he looks sh*t.
Yea they could revamp him don't get me wrong but this guy has nothing going for him and i don't think he ever will.
HE HAS NOTHING.

anyway.... not even going to ask why we aren't talking about goro here lol

Sigh... Look up the word hypocrite and try reading my posts again.

Sure, ill break it down for you.

You said a shitty character can't be revamped. Then you said a shitty character can be revamped.
You keep contradicting what you say.

Also, Bo' Rai Cho usually ranks pretty high on lists for the worst MK characters ever.

I don't care what some list says. K/Chameleon would be on the very same list.
Oh, it didn't? Go back and experience the visuals... The sounds... Everything. They are incredibly dark games. And that all went to sh** after MK4.

I don't know what you're on about.
Deception is one of the darkest MK games ever made.If you can't look past Bo' Rai Cho's vomit, then that's your loss.

Actually, that wasn't a personal insult against you, but it doesn't surprise me that you took it as one.

not a personal insult? I told you that I think Bo Rai Cho fits into Mortal Kombat.
Then you said "You'd have to be an idiot to think he fits into the MK world."

That was pretty straight forward.

Also, take away the toilet humor and you've got a very unfinished character that once again doesn't belong on the roster.

Nope, you have a very badass character with plenty of potential to be MORE badass.
If you think a fat character who drinks alcohol is only limited to "puking and farting" then you're wrong.

What do you have if you take away K/Chameleons ninja clone moves?A very unfinished character that doesn't belong on the roster.

He wasn't?! Maybe that's why I remember nothing Bo' Rai Cho related in the story... You know, other than he's the guy who trained Liu Kang or some sh**. (I'm saying he's boring and forgettable even without the awful toilet humor)

The only reason he's forgettable is because NRS hasn't updated him since the 3D era.
All of the 3D era characters can be forgettable. That doesn't mean they should be forbidden from future MK games.
Take Havik for example...I really like him, but I don't remember anything Havik related in the story.
You know, other then he's some dude from the Chaosrealm who doesn't like Hotaru.
But that doesn't mean he shouldn't have a chance to come back and make a bigger impact.

As for K/Chameleon, I'm done with that subject. If you don't get it,you don't get it.

I clearly get it.. You kept telling everybody how K/Chameleon could have this badass revamp..
Then a Bo' Rai Cho revamp gets mentioned and now all of a sudden a character can't just get a revamp.
They have to pass all you're revamp tests and crap. All these weird rules you're making up on the spot make no sense.

I wouldn't have even mentioned it if you didn't go on and on about them in the Yes/No voting thread.
You were telling everybody they had no creativity because they couldn't look past K/Chameleons copy cat moves.
Now when a character you DON'T want revamped comes up in conversation, you make up all these rules.
Picking and choosing what can and can't allow a character to become revamped.

I think we've covered it.

Yeah, id say we pretty much have. were just running in circles getting more and more off topic.
I'm done.

I'm done. I gave it another go considering how passionate you were about the subject, but I can't debate something with a person who doesn't know what's going on.

You keep bringing up the 'Meleons and how I feel they deserve a chance to be developed into actual characters, but that has nothing to do with Bo' Rai Cho. The difference? Bo' Rai Cho *IS* a fully developed character. Rewriting him and redesigning him makes no sense. The other two ARE NOT fully developed characters and deserve to be made into one.

Bo' Rai = Developed
K/Chameleon = Not Developed

Moving on... Every movie, game, television show... whatever, is going to have bad characters. Bo' Rai Cho is a BAD character. He was poorly written and poorly designed. NRS should, at the very least, own it and just move on.

CAN they revamp Bo' Rai Cho? YES. Should they? NO. Would I be open to it? YES. Do I want them to? NO.

I don't see George Lucas revamping Anakin Skywalker after everyone called him a whiny little bit**. A bad character is a bad character. It's fuc**** stupid to waste time and effort into rewriting a bad character for no good reason.

Besides, how would that even make sense? When Raiden changed the future did he also change everything that made Bo' Rai Cho the big blubbering idiot he is? You suggest more retconning? Lovely. There isn't nearly enough of that in Mortal Kombat.

NO. MORE.

This is stupid anyway. I don't care about Bo' Rai Cho. He's a fictional character who unfortunately exists in one of my favorite video game series. Beyond that, he means nothing to me.

Bo' Rai Cho *IS* a fully developed character. Rewriting him and redesigning him makes no sense. The other two ARE NOT fully developed characters and deserve to be made into one.

You make it sound like "rewriting him" would change him completely.
All you have to rewrite is "no toilet humor"

It's not like Bo Rai Cho would become the protector of Earthrealm or something huge like that.
He would just stop farting and puking. It'd work just fine.

And the K/Chameleons have been developed...They're Saurians who copy the other ninjas moves.
And don't give me that crap about Chameleon not being confirmed Saurian.
Clearly the dude's Saurian

Besides, how would that even make sense? When Raiden changed the future did he also change everything that made Bo' Rai Cho the big blubbering idiot he is? You suggest more retconning? Lovely. There isn't nearly enough of that in Mortal Kombat.

Are you kidding me?
So you think it's okay to retcon K/Chameleons entire move set and backstory, yet a simple gameplay mechanic from Bo Rai Cho can't be changed?

Again, Bo Rai Cho was not farting in the story mode.
Did Raiden say to Liu Kang "Remember Bo' Rai Chos farts"?

Nope, he didn't. So there would be no retconning. Bo' Rai Cho would just hold his body fluids in this time around.

anyway, clearly this is about getting the last word. So if it means that much to you, go right ahead.
I'm all done, you can go back to bashing Bo' Rai Cho like you were before I interrupted.
Have at it.

Last edited:
And the K/Chameleons have been developed...They're Saurians who copy the other ninjas moves.
And don't give me that crap about Chameleon not being confirmed Saurian.
Clearly the dude's Saurian

Are you freaking kidding me???
Chameleon developed? Saurian? No dude. That's a freaking joke! Read my previous comment... "Everything about Chameleon is conjecture and speculation HE HAS NOTHING." This is an irrefutable fact no matter how you see it.

I think I don't think chameleon should ever be a character. He was just an extra the chameleons were threw into Armageddon as a fan service.
But if they do decided to add one or both they should be secret fights like noob in mk3 or smoke and jade in mk2 or reptile in mk1 then make them into real characters in Mk 11/12

Personally, I would love to see Khameleon in over Reptile. Would be a huge twist to shake things up.