GiantBomb's Review

great reveiw! even ed gave a shout out to this reveiw on twitter. boon must have done a ton of interviews with giant bomb and im guessing gamespot will give it a good reveiw since ed done a ton of long interviews for them.

here's the gamesrafar us review:http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/m...-2011041822464379342652/g-2010061085535550091

they call it the "the best mortal kombat ever" but the reviewers negatives were these which should not have apparently makes it an 8/10
-Still not as balanced or tight as SF
-Hard to punish whiffed moves, projectile spam
-Coin reward system is both stingy and needless

Albo, do you know what a whiff move is? Been wondering for a bit today, first saw it as an expression a few hours ago.

judging from this qoute i believe whiff is when a character spams moves/projectiles very quickly and apparently to gamesradar they cannot be countered.
0_o

" there’s next to no cooldown between moves, so you can spam them all day. Some characters, like Mileena and Cyrax, can fill the screen with crap you can barely get around, and not in a challenging “I can figure this out” kind of way. It all feels unbalanced, in that half the characters can spam moves that are hard to react to, let alone punish when whiffed"

So the breaker system is all of a sudden void?

the breaker system applies to combos. they're describing spamming of individual projectiles. I can imagine cyrax throwing a bomb, throwing a net and then throwing his saw in quick succession and if you sit there and hold block youll be toast.

sounds good. cyrax is pretty awesome. never liked him before this game. best mk ever besides umk3

Albo, do you know what a whiff move is? Been wondering for a bit today, first saw it as an expression a few hours ago.

judging from this qoute i believe whiff is when a character spams moves/projectiles very quickly and apparently to gamesradar they cannot be countered.
0_o

" there’s next to no cooldown between moves, so you can spam them all day. Some characters, like Mileena and Cyrax, can fill the screen with crap you can barely get around, and not in a challenging “I can figure this out” kind of way. It all feels unbalanced, in that half the characters can spam moves that are hard to react to, let alone punish when whiffed"

Whiff is when you miss a move, I thought every fighting game fan knew this. He was basically saying that it can be hard to punish missed moves as everything has a quick cool down, which I have definitely noticed when playing the demo

Brett Elston the guy who reviewed MK for GamesRadar is a great guy with a lot of old school love for Mortal Kombat and I'm sure he'll explain some of the points further on the TalkRadar podcast this week.

Yeah, the Giant bomb review is the best one I've read, I mean the score is nice and all, but just from reading it you can tell its written by a real fan who is just as happy as I am to see a new golden age of MK starting. So many of the other reviews read like they're written by people who never played MK back in its glory days, or people who are just comparing it to Streetfighter.