finally got my hands on trilogy

grim

I've been looking for mk trilogy for ps1 for a while now and i just happened to come across the last new copy they had at blockbuster. Mk trilogy is perfection i didn't realize how great it was. it outdoes deception in everything but graphics and combos this game is absolutely marvelous. The only problem is it keeps crashing on my ps2. is that normal? i have the new slim version of ps2 so i figured that shouldn't happen. Im having trouble doing the fatalities anyone have a tip on how i could do them?

From what I've heard, it is normal for MKT to crash on a PS2. Only way to fix that would be to play it on a PS1.

As for tips on doing fatalities, well, you've got the lazy way, which is using the one-button fatality option on the secret '?' menu (I believe you access that by holding up+ all the shoulder buttons for a few seconds on the options screen).

The other way would be to make sure that when you're doing the combination for a fatality, you tap the last direction before pressing the action button, as oppose to hitting them both at the same time. If that doesn't help, search the forum for similar subjects, I know there's a few floating around.

i don't cheat when im doing fatalities but that sound kind of neat seeing that i would love too see all of them ive found it easier to pull off fatalities if you press the second to last button at the same time as the last button. Was the game slow on the ps2 because it seems to like to load alot

it works fine on my PS2.

make sure the disc speed and texture mapping are both set to standard on your PS1 driver menu though.

oh mines set on super fast and high texture mapping thnx never thought of that but there is the fact i have the ps2, the new slim version

grim said:
oh mines set on super fast and high texture mapping thnx never thought of that but there is the fact i have the ps2, the new slim version

I have never heard of MKT working 100% correctly on any PS2. AFAIK every version of the game had problems on every version of the PS2. Its a shame really, but at least PSone's are inexpensive. A friend of mine bought a PSone to continue playing MKT in a convenient manner.

the game only freezed if you let the time run out on the continue screen or you try to use the match recycle feature other wise it functions im have loads of fun with it

Motaro does not count as a competitive character. You talk about Motaro on every single MK site you go to. If you ever played me and picked Motaro, I would put my controller down and go get something to eat, come back and hope you left.

DreemerNJ said:
grim said:

I have never heard of MKT working 100% correctly on any PS2. AFAIK every version of the game had problems on every version of the PS2. Its a shame really, but at least PSone's are inexpensive. A friend of mine bought a PSone to continue playing MKT in a convenient manner.

works fine on my old PS2, as does everything, including my scratched to pieces red faction 2, which has been tried on 6 other PS2s and not worked on any. maybe my PS2 is like a super-machine

i bet i can beat the crap out of motaro with noob saibot i love his combos they're fun to pull off

Actually Motaro is top tier followed by Noob Saibot, Rain, etc.

Reason is because Motaro can spam the screen with fireballs (I saw like 3 fireballs at once on the screen), he can teleport real quick and projectiles bounce off or go through him.

Except for the harpoon. With normal settings on, Scorpion's, Smoke's and Robot Smoke's harpoons all connect on Motaro, however, all bosses can block combos in the middle regardless, and they also take no chip damage after the first hit of a combo, so you have to stick with harpoon, uppercut to maximize damage, and remember you can't leave the ground with Motaro because he has no air attacks, so any time you jump it's 43% from Scorpion or Smoke. But the other reasons are why bosses don't count as playable characters. When you say Motaro is top tier, he is top tier in your own little world of Mortal Kombat that doesn't exist anywhere else but your bed room.

Matt