Final Fantasy Versus XIII

C-Sword

Tetsuya Nomura has requested fans of Final Fantasy Versus XIII to be patient regarding the long-awaited status update on the PlayStation 3 exclusive.

The action role-playing game's designer and director told the latest issue of Game Informer that, despite being announced six years ago and its last update being over a year ago, fans should endure the unspecified length of waiting for an update.

"We would like to ask for your patience on an official announcement for this title. It always takes time when tackling the challenge of doing something completely new, but we are doing our best to bring information to the fans as quickly as we can.

"Your patience is greatly appreciated."

He stated earlier in the year that the next time Final Fantasy Versus XIII is publicly shown, it will be in the form of a live demonstration.

Do you guys still care about this game?

GOD I have been waiting on it to come out for sooo long... but sadly I don't think it will be near what I expect it to be. However that statement just made me think and i would of probably creamed all over this game the way it will be if i had played it when I 1st heard of it (time machine needed) but sadly the hype has died in me and it seem a lot different than thought it would be regardless i wanna see this live demo.

Square Enix has apparently canceled the development of Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The game has been in development for over six years, but unnamed sources have suggested developer Square Enix has ceased development of the PlayStation 3 exclusive. A public statement on the game's cancelation won't apparently be made, with the firm believing that could negatively impact stock price.

Resources stemming from the project have been transferred over to the next Final Fantasy title, Final Fantasy 15.

Announced during the May of 2006, the action RPG has been shielded from the spotlight for years, with only several rare glimpses emerging in the form of screenshots and trailers.

Square Enix has apparently canceled the development of Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The game has been in development for over six years, but unnamed sources have suggested developer Square Enix has ceased development of the PlayStation 3 exclusive. A public statement on the game's cancelation won't apparently be made, with the firm believing that could negatively impact stock price.

Resources stemming from the project have been transferred over to the next Final Fantasy title, Final Fantasy 15.

Announced during the May of 2006, the action RPG has been shielded from the spotlight for years, with only several rare glimpses emerging in the form of screenshots and trailers.

That is just a rumor that Kotaku started nothing has been confirmed and I find it really hard to believe in '' anonymous sources '' I think Kotaku is just looking for hits. I find it hard to believe Square can '' quietly cancel '' a game hyped like Versus.

Last edited:
That is just a rumor that Kotaku started nothing has been confirmed and I find it really hard to believe in '' anonymous sources '' I think Kotaku is just looking for hits. I find it hard to believe Square can '' quietly cancel '' a game hyped like Versus.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were true though. I really don't care about the game anymore and would almost rather a new main series game. I was excited at first, but ff13 kinda disappointed me and I don't remember what it was about and don't really care to play it again. I thought the battle system was a lot of fun and though one cutscene with sazh and that red/pink haired chick, don't remember her name, was good.

Square Enix president Yoichi Wada has reiterated that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still in development, but fans will have to "wait a little longer" for an update on the PlayStation 3 exclusive.

The name of the game itself is now being called into question, with the executive referring to the game as simply "Versus" during the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary celebration opening ceremony.

Wada also said during the event that when the title "reaches the level where it gives you that nostalgic, "this is Final Fantasy!" feeling, I want to show it to everyone."

In addition, a new sketch of the game’s main character Noctis drawn by director Tetsuya Nomura was recently unearthed, which sees the developer asking fans to "please wait for his turn."

v_thumb.php

this project has dragged out way too long. peole just want them to finish it so square can go make games people really care about, like KH3. the one game people have been wanting forever but square won't do it because they feel this game is so much more important.

I have friends who are super excited about it. But, it's been six years. One can only wait so long before no shits are given.

bump because its a New Final Fantasy 13-3 ( SE calling it lightening returns ) and most of the reactions have been mixed ( obviously ). I'm pretty pissed about Versus being a no show at TGS. There may be some people here that loves 13 and 13-2 but what do you guys/gals think?

Didn't SE just release a KH game on the 3ds?

yeah but it's just another handheld filler game before KH3. i've lost track of how many of these they have rleased but i'm sick of them and from what i hear quite a few other people are too. everyone just wants a new console KH game.

yeah but it's just another handheld filler game before KH3. i've lost track of how many of these they have rleased but i'm sick of them and from what i hear quite a few other people are too. everyone just wants a new console KH game.

I'm sick of Kingdom Hearts coming out on handhelds as well, but as a Vita owner, I do think it needs one to boost the sales. Versus better be damn good, cause people believe that game is the reason why there's no KH on the PS3.

I'm sick of Kingdom Hearts coming out on handhelds as well, but as a Vita owner, I do think it needs one to boost the sales. Versus better be damn good, cause people believe that game is the reason why there's no KH on the PS3.

versus is reason from what i hear. if i remember correctly most of the team from KH1 and KH2 are working on versus.

http://www.vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-xv-will-be-exclusive-on-ps4/

Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII years ago and the game was lost in the limbo. Square decided to halt Versus PS3 development two years ago, but the RPG wasn’t cancelled, why? Two years ago, Square-Enix moved the game to PS4 and Sony got in the project.

Actually Sony is co-developing the game with Square-Enix, therefore, this game will be exclusive on PS4.

Square-Enix renamed Versus to FF15 in the middle of this process. Sony’s studios are helping SE with FF15 assets among other tasks.