Favorite character or characters introduced AFTER MK3?

YouveBeenCaged

The series' new characters throughout the years have mainly been duds for me. So, who is your favorite character to appear AFTER MK3? I thought Quan Chi from MK4 was awesome. He had an awesome design, a cool backstory, and his teleport stomp was just brutal. I thought he was better than the actual boss of the game, Shinnok. I always found Shinnok lame, all he had going for him was his hands from Hell fatalities. Hell, Quan Chi was even the one on the side of the arcade game, not Shinnok!

Anyway, who are some of your favorite more recent (introduced after MK3) MK characters? I'll go ahead and do a top 5...

5. Reiko - Shao Kahn rules so I like this guy simply because of his ties to him and because he kinda looks like him.
4. Fujin - Hated him when I first got MK4. Soon after I realized he was the second best new character in MK4 behind Quan Chi. I liked playing as his and his special moves were awesome.
3. Drahmin - Haven't played DA in a long time, so I don't remember how well he plays, but he has an awesome design and cool back story.
2. Havik - Pure awesome.
1. Quan Chi - Like I already said he looks awesome, has a cool story, and I liked playing with him in MK4 a LOT.

Honorable mention to Kobra, yes, KOBRA. I don't despise this character like many seem to. He's admittedly a ripoff, but he's my ripoff. I might actually prefer him to Reiko, it's close.

Quan chi,Fujin,Shinnok,Tanya and Havik are praised by most fans,but there are 2 that are often bashed that i love too:

Hotaru,pure awesome to me.His design and character concept overall really did it to me.The problem was the moveset,but that can easily be improved in a future MK.

Shujinko.I know he was basically a device for the konquest mode to work and there wasn't too much effort put into him,but i really like the guy and want to see him another time.His moveset can be transformed into something really awesome,like discussed a number of times here.He is also an important part of the lore and can't be ignored in MKX.

Last edited:
Many of those characters (especially post-MK4) were too stripped moveset-wise to make any sensible impact on players (they tried to make up for it by giving Hsu Hao 5 special moves in MKA, but it didn't go too well). In those games, even Quan Chi (being one of "main" characters), has suffered from having only 2 special moves in MKDA and sharing weapon name with Kung Lao, having his fighting styles stolen by Dairou and Havik in MKD, then in MKA his weapon steal move just disables enemy's weapon style switch, with characters using weapon specials (likes of Kitana, Baraka) being able to switch into it again, making the move useless.

Hence I am positive that there is not much sense of discussing these characters from gameplay standpoint. Most notable examples of this are Zombie Liu Kang and Dark Raiden, being all about plot twist and nothing about gameplay changes, as they have no new specials. Storyline-wise, Kenshi, Drahmin, hell even Shujinko had their time to shine. Guys that introduced new realms (Chaosrealm, Orderrealm) were a welcome additon as well.

Fujin all the way.

MK4-06_Fujin.png

Last edited:
What was the good thing about Jarek, again? Establishing Kano-ball as move everyone and their mother learns after joining Black Dragon? Which is the only explanation of Kira having it as well.

My favorite post-MK3 character was Fujin (which I hope makes it to MKX).
After that, probably Tanya, Reiko, Havik, Quan Chi and Kenshi (in no particular order).

The rest of the post-MK3 characters I either didn't like or didn't care.
The rest of the unmentioned, garbage post-MK3 roster can stay dead / gone, for all I care, at least for 1 game.

Last edited:
Quan Chi(he is the superior evil in mk universe, main villians is not important :) ),
Havik(badass),
Drahmin(of course he is underrated)...

My favorites would have to be Shinnok, Fujin, Havik, Nitara, Drahmin, Li Mei, and Shujinko. All of the other Post-MK3 characters I am either not a fan of at all, or I'm just indifferent to them. I actually have never been a big Quan Chi fan but I think MKX is going to be the game to change that, I can't wait to play as him!!

0-jarek
1-Reiko
2-fujin
3-tanya
4-shinnok (only by his mk4 outfit design)
5-limei
6-kenshi (only mkda version, mk9 no is shit)
7-kira (only by her outfit design)
8-mavado
9-drahim
10- moloch

and maybe frost.

the rest is crap

Last edited:
(5) Havik- How could a character possible scream MK any more than Havik does?
(4) Quan Chi- Would have rated him higher, but he's been a bit overused recently.
(3) Fujin- Raiden needed an equal. Plus his moveset is awesome. Love the crossbow.
(2) Sareena- Her design is great. I'm always anxious to see her full demonic form.
(1) Tanya- In a realm of purity, she is the force always attempting to dilute it. Her deceptive and cunning ways are ever-appealing.