Evidence that Rain could be playable [Spoilers]

CuteBaraka

Possibility that Rain could be playable [Spoilers]

This shows a mod on the PC version of playing as Rain, this can be done for all unplayable characters too like Sindel and Baraka.

This is my prediction..
Whilst it's not actual factual evidence the video shows how well the character can be used and it's obvious no-brainer to add them.
probably applies to Baraka too, pretty much all the fightable npc in story mode are gonna be DLC, think of them as placeholders in game for now.

Also there are two ways they could bring characters in:

Patch: A New Patch that includes the Character, could be a new unlockable or krypt.

DLC: As a downloadable content or kombat pack

Why i think Baraka will defiantly be DLC
Spoiler:

1. Baraka gets killed off in the story making this his last MK game in story
  2. Baraka special moves are developed exceedingly well
  3. Ed Boon as teased it

Also think they gonna bring in an expansion to this game too and rebrand the game as Ultimate Mortal Kombat X - Will probably cost around $40 and will feature several new modes like tag-team, story towers and more.

Last edited:
Why i think Baraka will defiantly be DLC

[*]Baraka gets killed off in the story making this his last MK game in story

Because, as we all know, MK9 was the last game for Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Jax, and Sub-Zero.

None of what you have just stated shows any significant evidence that shows me Rain will be playable.

At this point I'm just going to say for all those who desperately want Rain in to just wait a while.

Even though i want him to be in, this ain't no evidence. It was quite obvious they could/would do this on the PC version.

I do hope the NPC's will become DLC characters. It would be a cool way for NRS to extend the longevity of MKX, adding more characters to the roster, so why not those who are already in the game to start with, right?

Crossing fingers. ^^

I do hope the NPC's will become DLC characters. It would be a cool way for NRS to extend the longevity of MKX, adding more characters to the roster, so why not those who are already in the game to start with, right?

Crossing fingers. ^^

I have this gut feeling that NRS may be taking the Street Fighter approach for MKX. I just have a feeling that a year from now, threads will be popping up with titles like "So who gets added to Ultimate Mortal Kombat X"?

It just seems like even though this game is packed with content, there is still stuff that is missing. Stage Fatalities (which Ed said can be added later), The NPC's in story mode (which Ed says, "I cant talk about that just yet) and how there are only 13 stages (which Ed pretty much confirmed that more stages will be added at a later time)

As much as I want Baraka to be included, the fact that someone can tamper with the game's files doesn't mean that Baraka and any other NPC are playable. Baraaka, Rain, and Sindel's move sets are taken from MK9; they weren't reworked like returning characters that actually made it in the playable roster. Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn were playble MK9 but only through hacking and one of the tower challenges.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh so thats how it works! Lemme change my profile pic to Cyrax because hes my favorite..... k done!
I can guarantee that cyrax is going to be playable as he is seen as super oil on a poster for marketing inside of a cutscene in MKX! Man cant wait untill hes going to be DLC!

Ahhhhhhh so thats how it works! Lemme change my profile pic to Cyrax because hes my favorite..... k done!
I can guarantee that cyrax is going to be playable as he is seen as super oil on a poster for marketing inside of a cutscene in MKX! Man cant wait untill hes going to be DLC!

Unlike Cyrax, there's an actual rigged model of Rain in-game with unique animations shown when you fight him. He has gameplay, he has a movelist. So no, comparing it with a name on a barrel is not the same.

quit being so harsh and whats with the sarcasm... -_-

People are holding you responsible for your words, nothing more and nothing less. Your thread title promises evidence. This is not that.

It says "Evidence that Rain COULD be playable"... It doesn't say that he is, but that there are evidence of it being a possibility in the future.

It says "Evidence that Rain COULD be playable"... It doesn't say that he is, but that there are evidence of it being a possibility in the future.

If the title isn't wrong, then it's at the very least sensationalist and misleading, because it implies that there is evidence here that all of us haven't seen already.

We've played the game or seen it played, we know that Rain has a functioning model and moves. Some hackers' ability to mod those into the game is perfectly meaningless.

If the title isn't wrong, then it's at the very least sensationalist and misleading, because it implies that there is evidence here that all of us haven't seen already.

We've played the game or seen it played, we know that Rain has a functioning model and moves. Some hackers' ability to mod those into the game is perfectly meaningless.

It's not meaningless, because due to mods, Rain is actually playable. He's broken and unfinished, but he's playable.

It's not meaningless, because due to mods, Rain is actually playable. He's broken and unfinished, but he's playable.

...then the title should be "Rain is Playable," eh? Not "could be." He already is.

It should actually have been "NPCs Playable on PC after Modding," but that wouldn't have gotten nearly so many thread clicks, now, would it? ;)