Cyrax Thread - "Safeties Disabled; Combat Mode Engaged!"

Does anyone know of videos that show simple combos. Im starting to use him but all these complex combos like the one Tony T posted seem impossible. I just want some simple ones to use online until i get use to the moves and are able to pull of better ones. Any advice is welcome.

roughly stuff as hard as this for now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrAorRsrA78

Last edited:
I'm probably wrong, but isn't it possible to do an Infinite on people with Cyber Beatdown along with Web? Breaker not withstanding, of course...

ah, ok.

So is the Bomb Trap still worth learning? I thought I heard it got patched, and I was thinking of picking up one of the Robo's, Cyrax being the one I am looking at the most.

The 'MK3' version still has the bomb trap from what I understand. But I'm sure that will get patched soon....unless NRS wants him to be broken. ( >_>)CONSPIRACY THEORY

ah, ok.

So is the Bomb Trap still worth learning? I thought I heard it got patched, and I was thinking of picking up one of the Robo's, Cyrax being the one I am looking at the most.

Yeah, I suppose. It will probably be patched soon. But after the bomb trap is gone, Cyrax will slide way down on the tier list. The bomb trap made up for his shitty normals. He has NO STRINGS that have a low hit in them. So that means that you're forced to sweep, which he has a slow sweep.

Yeah, I suppose. It will probably be patched soon. But after the bomb trap is gone, Cyrax will slide way down on the tier list. The bomb trap made up for his shitty normals. He has NO STRINGS that have a low hit in them. So that means that you're forced to sweep, which he has a slow sweep.

what about d+3/d+4?

can he link any specials from them like reptile? it doesnt count as a combo but because of the amount of frames both have to be blocked.

I dont think he will slide way down, one tier at most. many chars dont have a low hit string or a low overhead string and they make it work.

essentially what are ALL his low hit possible moves, cuz i know there is more then his sweep.

overall unless you think they will revert the bombtrap id say dont bother learning it. unless you really want those wins in ranked :p

Enhanced Ragdoll hits low first...not a string but has 3 hits for a decent amount of damage. But, I believe thats all, besides low pokes and his sweep.

what about d+3/d+4?

can he link any specials from them like reptile? it doesnt count as a combo but because of the amount of frames both have to be blocked.

No, you can only poke with them for low damage.

Enhanced Ragdoll hits low first...not a string but has 3 hits for a decent amount of damage. But, I believe thats all, besides low pokes and his sweep.

Yeah, but it's a waste of 1 bar just to get in one low hit when there are characters that have many strings that have low hits.

No, you can only poke with them for low damage.

Yeah, but it's a waste of 1 bar just to get in one low hit when there are characters that have many strings that have low hits.

its not a waste if it actually hits. as for d+3/d+4 i wasnt asking about big damage either :p look im not saying cyrax is fine or that cyrax is to weak. most chars that have a good amount of overhead/lows are rushdown chars with little in terms of zoning/utility tools.

for example kano has a low combo juggle, but his overhead is extremely slow and can only be comboed into some specials so it does little damage.

the questions to ask are as follows. was bombtrap intended and therefore was cyrax balanced around it from the beginning? if no,then nevermind. if yes, read on.

is the removal of bombtrap make his offense in its current form weak enough that he now needs a low hitting starter? this is not from the pov of tiers since i dont think nrs or gaming companies use tiers to determine there balance in the end.

i do not have these answers, ultimately its nrs's decision and we can just say what we think. me i honestly can say i dont know.

I'd say it's a waste of it doesn't win a round or the match. With one bar I can do 55-60% consistently. ;) The EX ragdoll does maybe 12%.

I'd say it's a waste of it doesn't win a round or the match. With one bar I can do 55-60% consistently. ;) The EX ragdoll does maybe 12%.

see i think thats a poor mental strat. thats a dialing in a combo mentality, if it doesnt do a crapton of damage then its not worth it. ofcourse i main noob saibot where his typical combo is like 24% lol, i use my low pokes often.

also how are you doing 55-60% with one bar? tell you what, get that lowered to 40-44% then we can start talking about low hit strings :p

If I can make better one of one bar, then I will. There is no point in using one bar to do 12% damage when I can use one bar to get 60% just as easily. I use low pokes often too. I don't see what your problem is. But I won't be replying to you anymore, you're just trolling.

If I can make better one of one bar, then I will. There is no point in using one bar to do 12% damage when I can use one bar to get 60% just as easily. I use low pokes often too. I don't see what your problem is. But I won't be replying to you anymore, you're just trolling.

is it brecause of the comment on 50-65% damage? cuz im telling you right now one thing im not doing is trolling. i dont have a problem, merely trying to provide clarity to the "cyrax needs a low combo string" debate. obviously its not "just as easily" or you wouldnt be saying you need one! if they are blocking your 60% damage (that still seems rediculously high to me im just being honest) strings you need to get them to block low, you do that with sweeps/pokes and anything else you have, including ex ragdoll, for a single move 12% isnt bad.

I personally love EX ragdoll cause it does a couple things. It gets me good damage and it recreates room for me bait them into a bomb or w/e and if they are death with 3 bars they'll probably use the breaker taking away a random X-ray for a win. Would you say that EX buzzsaw is waste, It uses one bar for very little damage as well.

As far as the bomb trap you can learn it as it still poses a threat until they patch it. I personally only use it if Im getting pissed. LOL.
However there are variations after the command throw you can use as a mind game.

is it brecause of the comment on 50-65% damage? cuz im telling you right now one thing im not doing is trolling. i dont have a problem, merely trying to provide clarity to the "cyrax needs a low combo string" debate. obviously its not "just as easily" or you wouldnt be saying you need one! if they are blocking your 60% damage (that still seems rediculously high to me im just being honest) strings you need to get them to block low, you do that with sweeps/pokes and anything else you have, including ex ragdoll, for a single move 12% isnt bad.

60% isn't hard for one bar, hell I can hit 65 % on a good day so why u trollin? Whatever though cyrax doesn't need a low combo string. Why? Cause of his high damage output and bomb traps if he had a low string he would be over powered. Cyrax reminds me of Dante from mvc3. Good in a noobs hands but deadly in the hands of someone tha knows what their doing