Completely new to competitive MK

Trunks

Hey whats up everyone! im pretty new to MK competitively and im looking for a mentor, Someone who can teach me as much as they so i can to become a better player. i do not expect to get good quick but i am determined to get better day by day, and just keep practicing
I am actually a Halo Reach player but its getting boring so i want to get into competitive MK. If anyone out there would like to be my mentor and teach me all i need to know please Hmu on Xbox Live.

GT: Trunks DbM or Fu7ureTrunks(secondary GT)

I will appreciate any feedback. Thank You

Welcome to TRMK, and I don't mind helping you out :]

Just add me on XBL, My gamertag is below my Avatar. Who do you main? Or who were you looking at maining?

Welcome to TRMK, and I don't mind helping you out :]

Just add me on XBL, My gamertag is below my Avatar. Who do you main? Or who were you looking at maining?

Thanks i am honored to be a part of this website.

top 4 characters i consider Maining are Cage, Cyrax, Kung Lao, Ermac

I Would love to learn noob saibot, who could be my alternate

EVERYONE SAYS THAT! :rofl:

He a keep-away character, meaning you want to control the stage with projectiles and prevent your opponent from starting any type of offense. He can dish out damage with his black hole reset, but it's not guaranteed. His has a nice mix-up game to knock your opponent away to begin zoning again, and he does a ton of damage in the corner.

Critical Limit mains Noob Saibot.
He is currently in the process of making an updated guide for him.

EVERYONE SAYS THAT! :rofl:

He a keep-away character, meaning you want to control the stage with projectiles and prevent your opponent from starting any type of offense. He can dish out damage with his black hole reset, but it's not guaranteed. His has a nice mix-up game to knock your opponent away to begin zoning again, and he does a ton of damage in the corner.

Thats what i dont understand, What is Reseting and Zoning. i just really need a good in depth convo over XBL explaining all this haha

Thats what i dont understand, What is Reseting and Zoning. i just really need a good in depth convo over XBL explaining all this haha

Zoning: Controlling the stage with spacing, either by using projectiles or Normals that have decent ranges. Mileena's D+4 (Down + B) has good range and can keep your opponent from touching you if used correctly and it gives her frame advantage (Not going to go into detail with frame data... Yet)

Reset: MK9 Resets, aren't True resets. But they're set ups. I can't really explain MK9's resets :laugh:

Zoning is keeping distance between you and your opponent like with Noob's shadow tackle, slide, and upknee.

Zoning can be done with other characters as well but zoning is a huge trait that Noob Saibot has.

Resting is some Yahtzee shit that I can't explain lol but iVagina will know and Critical-Limit.

Resetting in MK is where your combo finishes, but you are still on the offensive.
Often putting your opponent into a guessing game and/or more pressure.

Zoning is keeping distance between you and your opponent like with Noob's shadow tackle, slide, and upknee.

Zoning can be done with other characters as well but zoning is a huge trait that Noob Saibot has.

Resting is some Yahtzee shit that I can't explain lol but iVagina will know and Critical-Limit.

Zoning isn't only with projectiles, for example Scorpions D+1 into teleport.

If you're in Jump in Punch range and the opponent gets greedy you can D+1 on Reaction or Prediction and combo into his 50/50 vortex, so you're basicly just paying attention to the space in between you and your opponent.

@BBBLP, Not all resets end in 50/50s or a guessing game. You can tech roll out of Noobs Black hole reset.

Whoever Has Xbox in here Add me , and i can really learn from u guys starting tmrw? or anytime this week. GT: Trunks DbM

Whoever Has Xbox in here Add me , and i can really learn from u guys starting tmrw? or anytime this week. GT: Trunks DbM

Yo I can help you with everyone but cyrax. I main Sektor Ermac and I play a little Kenshi and Night Wolf

Ermac has a little bit of everything and imo is very easy to pick up. He's great to learn the game with.

Last edited:
Hey whats up everyone! im pretty new to MK competitively and im looking for a mentor, Someone who can teach me as much as they so i can to become a better player. i do not expect to get good quick but i am determined to get better day by day, and just keep practicing
I am actually a Halo Reach player but its getting boring so i want to get into competitive MK. If anyone out there would like to be my mentor and teach me all i need to know please Hmu on Xbox Live.

GT: Trunks DbM or Fu7ureTrunks(secondary GT)

I will appreciate any feedback. Thank You