Cloverfeild

I SOOO wanted to watch this movie. Unfortunately I have spent too much of my mums money. :(

Last edited:
I just checked some very reliable sources, and it says that the movie may be based off of Ethan Haas Was Right, which is a video game.

Wikipedia also says that this movie may be based on Voltron, but since the paragraph is written in the first person, I doubt it's accurate.

Yes, actually the game does have something to do with the movie. Supposedly the movie is somewhat based upon the game.

Okay, so at the Comic-Con J.J Abrams denied any website aside from 1-18-08.com being directly related to the movie. He says that the website Slusho.com does have some clues, but isn't officially a marketing campaign. Also, the film will NOT be called Monstrous. Filming for the movie is currently complete, and all that remains is production.

Also, this guy has some pretty good videos that may or may not help us figure out things about the movie. HE IS NOT PART OF THE CREW. He is a fan like us, but has some pretty good speculations and facts.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5VLwgJ0ibl4&mode=user&search=

ok so news, real or fake, it is very intresting.
'It's not Godzilla or Voltron (duh) or even Cthulu; anyone expecting there to be some sort of elaborately detailed backstory may be in for a disappointment. Expect an old-fashioned monster movie retold in a very modern Blair Witch sort of way - but with a twist. You see that giant monster that emerges from the ocean to begin laying waste to New York City ... it didn't come alone.

According to "Mr. Slusho", much of the movie will revolve around the characters fleeing for their lives, not from the big one stomping the city, but from the "raptor-like" smaller versions hunting them down.

If so, that would make sense. Word from the start has been that this would not be a mega-budget movie and the digital effects work needed for a giant monster trashing New York City would no doubt cost a heck of a lot more than street level action of people being chased by smaller monsters. This would also seem to jive with some of the set footage that's shown up online ... it's just too bad it sounds so much like the Emmerich Godzilla, however.'

So yeah, there's that...and then while perusing the forums over at the 1-18-08 Blogspot today, I found a rather long and drawn out synopsis of what could be the beginning third of the movie, and an answer to alot of questions about just what the **** Slusho really is.

"Here is the first third of the film…About one billion (yes billion) years ago, life on Earth was still at the multi-cell level and they remained mostly in their habitat. One of the organisms was more passive and preferred a symbiotic relationship for their survival.

Another (and there were more) was more aggressive and preferred to control larger beings for their survival. Back then, the world had only one continent. The two organisms were separated, for the most part, by land.

But the aggressive organism had developed a taste for the passive one and tried to feed on it as often as possible by going around the land mass. Until a cataclysmic event changed things, burying most of the ancient organisms under the oceans. The surviving organisms either died off or evolved (later becoming humans and what not).

Fast forward to present day and we have Japan discovering the passive organisms buried off their coast and eventually came to the conclusion that the American continents (North and South) had drifted over the aggressive organisms (more on them later) during the past billion years.

Japanese scientists begin studying this passive organism and find that it is a perfect nourishment supplement to humans. Grown in an agricultural field on the island of Hokkaido, Japan, these organisms create the appearance of cloverfields. The scientists learn that these organisms are beneficial symbiotic parasites that give us additional nourishment and make us feel happy. Thus humans and the parasites become one.

They are kept cold to prevent them from dying from exposure until they are introduced into their host. Thus the development of the awesome and delicious drink – Slusho! (It makes me happy).

Rob is a college graduate who has been hired by Slusho and has just accepted an offer to work in their technologies division in Japan. Rob also knows the basics of the organism, the story that Slusho “invented” as a marketing campaign and has recently been informed that the scientists have found trace amounts of the aggressive organism.

This aggressive organism likes to pool up into a larger being, control it, own it, even change it. It also eats the smaller passive organism much the same way a whale will eat plankton. Slusho is now one of the most popular drinks. In it’s own right it is a tasty meal that does not add fat and is proven to be healthy with claims that it cures cancer and many other diseases.

Slusho and it’s by-products are now being flushed (literally) into the sewer systems and drained out to sea by way of urine, fecal matter and just straight unconsumed Slusho. This builds up on the ocean floor and eventually awakens a very hungry and aggressive organism.

This aggressive organism, hungry and well, aggressive, follows the sewer trail back to New York and emerges through the sewers breaking and igniting a natural gas pipeline in it’s effort to feed on the passive organism, which is now us."