Characters' different body shapes...

I just want to point out something...

I ADORE they are actually modelling different sizes for every male character in terms of height and weight. I actually noticed this more last night when they put Kano vs Reptile. Kano is quite tall, although Quan Chi and Kotal are sightly taller than him, but he has the largest chest size among the males, apart from Torr of course. Kano is pretty bulky. Reptile on the other hand is very short and he's quite thin in comparison to other males, he has barely any chest compared to Kano. Ermac is very slim and very tall, his body has a very strong presence as well, very regal. Kung Lao is also shorter than Kano. I'd love to see their take on Bo' Rai Cho, who's quite fat.

These small details really make me like this game even more. In MK9, apart from slightly minor differences, they all had the very same body shape and the very same Mister Universe look.

Now, about the females... Is it me or all three have the exact same height and body shape? I actually don't mind this at all. In real life, women are generally MUCH shorter than men. MK9 made absolutely NO SENSE in terms of heights for females. They were almost as tall as the rest of the male cast, only Sheeva clearly was taller. I actually like Kitana is pretty petite and I think it fits her, as well as Cassie or D'Vorah. However, I sincerely hope they create a taller female. I would like Tanya to be a quite tall woman. I wouldn't mind at all a curvier female too...

All I am saying is I hope they give us some variety in the females in terms of body shape.
What you guys think about this?

I LOVE this about the game too.

Visually speaking, the body designs and the small details like the select screen animations have impressed me a lot.
Sometimes it's those little details that make a BIG difference, to me.

Unlike MK9, I'm glad that all the males don't have the same steroid body and that there are actual height and size differences.
As for the females, even though they have similar bodies, I absolutely LOVE that the females don't look excessively scantily clad or under-dressed.
I like the fact that Cassie is wearing something appropriate for a soldier, Kitana looks more like an assassin and D'Vorah also looks awesome.

Well, we all know Mileena will look like a striper from some night club and that's fine, since it fits her character.

Watching Kitana's Assassin variation, she's VERY pretty! I think it's the first time in a VEEEEEEEEEEERY long run that she actually looks like an assassin to me. Very regal too, yet with a strong sex-appeal! Like that woman who's sooo beautiful that she could kill you in an instant. I am a sucker for short women :p

That's one of the best things on this game.

We really have unique characters and with decent warrior looking outfits.

Females are proportional and realistic. No exaggeration, unnecessary appeal, stripper costumes not prepared for fight to the death.

I really liked, and what the artist commented yesterday: things where they should be.

And for males, they look strong men, not steroid bodybuilders, but very strong natural fighters.

Finally they added this.

Well, we all know Mileena will look like a striper from some night club and that's fine, since it fits her character.

Mileena actually doesn't look too slutty in the MKX comics, which is a pleasant surprise for me.
She looks like she's wearing more clothes, and possibly wearing pants or leg armor too. :)

Spoiler:

MKX Mileena comic costume.jpg

Completely agreed.

Kano's been making gains. He's probably on Jax's level now.

Quan Chi has also become significantly taller since last we saw him.

They probably use the same model for females because there is so few of them. Too bad, cuz it gives them all Cassie's neck. (D'Vorah's hood and Kitana's mask hide it well, but it looks ridiculous on Sonya if the factions render is anything to go by.)

Im happy they're being more realistic with body proportions. The exaggerated sex appeal was getting old for the female characters

Mileena actually doesn't look too slutty in the MKX comics, which is a pleasant surprise for me.
She looks like she's wearing more clothes, and possibly wearing pants or leg armor too. :)

Not as slutty, but still too slutty. Also with Kitana. Why is she wearing some armor, but showing skin on other parts? Makes no sense. Her pants don't need to go down on the sides to expose her skin. it just looks corny.

Not as slutty, but still too slutty. Also with Kitana. Why is she wearing some armor, but showing skin on other parts? Makes no sense. Her pants don't need to go down on the sides to expose her skin. it just looks corny.

Its Mileena.

Her shtick is just barely covering everything that needs to be covered.

Why is clothing being brought up in the first place?

Now, about the females... Is it me or all three have the exact same height and body shape? I actually don't mind this at all. In real life, women are generally MUCH shorter than men. MK9 made absolutely NO SENSE in terms of heights for females. They were almost as tall as the rest of the male cast, only Sheeva clearly was taller. I actually like Kitana is pretty petite and I think it fits her, as well as Cassie or D'Vorah. However, I sincerely hope they create a taller female. I would like Tanya to be a quite tall woman. I wouldn't mind at all a curvier female too...

All I am saying is I hope they give us some variety in the females in terms of body shape.
What you guys think about this?

Just because women are generally smaller than men doesn't justify homogenous body shapes and height. There are just as many variations among women as there are men.

Last edited:
Its Mileena.

Her shtick is just barely covering everything that needs to be covered.

Isn't it true that that used to be all the females' shtick? The only difference is that it suits her personality better.

I'd like Mileena to be even more clothed than she is in the comic. If she's meant to be a seductress, there are more artistic ways of portraying that than "as little clothing as possible."

She is wearing a top that covers her entire breast area except for some cleavage, and she wears pants, both made or some kind of metal. There's absolutely nothing slutty about it! And those who think otherwise should really consider learning what the term slutty means.

She is wearing a top that covers her entire breast area except for some cleavage, and she wears pants, both made or some kind of metal. There's absolutely nothing slutty about it! And those who think otherwise should really consider learning what the term slutty means.

Her costume hasn't been consistent in the comics. The first time we saw it, she was showing no cleavage at all. I'll hold off judgment until we get an in-game glimpse. But as a rule of thumb, more clothing = better as far as I'm concerned.

But as a rule of thumb, more clothing = better as far as I'm concerned.

I disagree. Take Kitana's new outfit, for example. She still shows alot of skin, but it is alot more tasteful without removing the sex appeal. I dare say Mileena is alot more covered up in the comics than Kitana is in the game... well, almost. She shows more midriff than Kitana though, but in contrast, Kitana bares her hips.

Anyways, to go back on-topic - yes, I think it is awesome that the characters have a lot more difference in bodytype this time around. NRS sure hasn't been lazy with this game. ^^

Her costume hasn't been consistent in the comics. The first time we saw it, she was showing no cleavage at all. I'll hold off judgment until we get an in-game glimpse. But as a rule of thumb, more clothing = better as far as I'm concerned.

I completely agree with this. In MK9 the females looked ridiculous, especially Sonya, someone who is supposedly in the Special Forces, who runs around with a thong on & her tits popping out of her shirt.

What I will say however, I think that the one exception to the more clothing the better rule is definitely Mileena. It actually fits her character for her to be wearing revealing, skimpy outfits. She's wild and mentally unstable & her fatalities even showcased her flirtatious, seductive tendencies. I didn't approve of the Flesh Pits costume though, that was awful.

Can't wait to see Goro ingame. I am very curious just how they made him playable but yet managed to keep Goro a powerful beast.

As for the females, well, even the MKast said something about them being more like female human beings this time around, which means that they all were aware of how unnatural the MK9 females look like.

Isn't it true that that used to be all the females' shtick? The only difference is that it suits her personality better.

I'd like Mileena to be even more clothed than she is in the comic. If she's meant to be a seductress, there are more artistic ways of portraying that than "as little clothing as possible."
Another difference is, Mileena is actually sleeping around with multiple partners like it's nothing. Baraka, Reptile, Reiko, Goro...need I say more?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Another difference is, Mileena is actually sleeping around with multiple partners like it's nothing. Baraka, Reptile, Reiko, Goro...need I say more?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Reptile? :barf:

I hope that was back in MK2.