Any secrets in the demo?

ShawnBronald

Aside from Dan "TOASTY!" Forden making a cameo and the other hidden stuff (damn hackers!), has anyone found any secrets or 'easter eggs' within the demo yet? I believe Ed hinted that there were some secrets to be found, but then again.... he's Ed Boon. He absolutely loves to mess with us.

Here are some things that I think *might* be not-yet-discovered within the demo:
-Secret playable character
-Secret fightable (is that even a word?) character (think Reptile from MK1)
-Secret character cameo (think Jade and Smoke in the Living Forest from MKII)
-Secret messages ("Look to La Luna" ~MK1)
-"Look to La Luna" (perhaps a witch or Santa in the Pit?)
-Secret video montage (besides the one you get when you beat the Arcade Ladder)
-New Dan Forden sayings... "FROSTY!"

Once again, just so everyone is clear, I have NOT found any of these, nor has anyone else (that I know of). This thread is merely questioning whether anything has been found or to speculate what might... or might not.... be hidden in there.

I'm hoping that Reptile is a secret in the demo.
would love to do some of his cloaked moves, acid spit and force ball.

I haven't seen any secrets yet either.

When I saw Dan "TOASTY!" Forden I thought to myself of shit that's awesome and forgot to hit down and start, if that would even work?.

On The Pit stage though in the background fighting it looks like it changes couples ever so often and I believe one of them is the female character Frost from previous games.

When I saw Dan "TOASTY!" Forden I thought to myself of shit that's awesome and forgot to hit down and start, if that would even work?

Damn, I forgot about that.
I'm going to try that when I get home.
In the 5 hours that I played the demo last night, I only got Dan Forden to appear ONCE.

Anyone else know what triggers him popping out???

Is it a series of uppercuts?
A long combo string?
Multiple enhanced moves in a row?

someone had finish the demo in expert without lose any round?

Yeah, a couple times. And I'm not bragging, it really wasn't difficult (I actually did a lot of button mashing, since I don't usually place as any of the characters in the demo). I have not, however, gotten any Double Flawless victories.

Hhm... Pit stage, double flawless, no blocking, witch/Santa flying across moon, Fatality..... :-D

Yeah, a couple times. And I'm not bragging, it really wasn't difficult (I actually did a lot of button mashing, since I don't usually place as any of the characters in the demo). I have not, however, gotten any Double Flawless victories.

Hhm... Pit stage, double flawless, no blocking, witch/Santa flying across moon, Fatality..... :-D

I'm going to try this later on, on "EASY" and see if it does anything, as well as pressing D+Start when Dan Forden appears.

If you guys find any secrets with The Pit (Double Flawless + Fatality) and Dan Forden (D+Start), please PM me.
I'm also going to try when I get home.

He came out with me when I did a quick counter uppercut.

Eg. I think scorpion missed me with a high attack because I crouched then threw an uppercut. The timing was very fast from the time he punched to the time I countered and "TOASTY" appeared.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT:
Time for a little brushing up on MK, when I get home.

Last edited:
He came out with me when I did a quick counter uppercut.

Eg. I think scorpion missed me with a high attack because I crouched then threw an uppercut. The timing was very fast from the time he punched to the time I countered and "TOASTY" appeared.

Hope this helps

Spoiler:
I can confirm the items below in your list are not in the Demo

-Secret playable character
-Secret fightable (is that even a word?) character (think Reptile from MK1)
-Secret character cameo (think Jade and Smoke in the Living Forest from MKII)
-Secret video montage (besides the one you get when you beat the Arcade Ladder)

There is no other video, characters, levels in the game. No other character fatalities either.

Spoiler:
I can confirm the items below in your list are not in the Demo

There is no other video, characters, levels in the game. No other character fatalities either.

Spoiler:

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I was thinking there probably wasn't anything else, but I remember Ed hinted there was (guess it was just Ed being Ed).

I honestly don't think there are any Secrets within the Demo, But If there are, I would want at least a Character Cameo, right? Better than nothing.

There are secrets in the demo: bios/endings for all characters and the story mode revealed!
I found them, and I didn't even played the demo, I discovered them on TRMK! ;)