About this "leave to the next game" trend

Magna

When someone asks for a character as DLC, a lot of people says something like "leave him/her to the next game" or "if they release everyone as DLC, there'll be no characters left for the next game", but the think is that Tekken is a very successful franchise that appears to put every single character in every single game, not removing anyone and only adding a couple of more characters per game or so, so releasing everyone we want as DLC is REALLY a problem? I don't think so. MKA was crap not because it had everyone, but because they were lazy to make everyone the same. And if you're concerned about story mode, make the story mode to be played as it should, if only some specific characters, while in versus and online mode we can play with basically everyone. I mean, we can still play with characters that died in story mode even after finishing it. =p

I'm so glad you made this cuz it's such a bad trend to me. People want characters saved for future releases but we're in the present now. It's a video game, they can make up whatever story they want. Do we really feel like sitting around and waiting for MK10 just for some new characters? I don't and I don't see who can. There's no need for MK10 until the next generation of game systems. This time they finally made the new 3D game right and we really don't need to mess with it (other than online connection). I would absolutely love an exclusive MK4 character pack and hell even a deception pack. I think they should keep making DLC regardless of what people say because most of us all are still going to buy it.

One of Boon's first tweets was something along the lines of "Who should be first, Kenshi? Rain? Shinnok?" So obviously they weren't intending on "saving" any of these characters. Plus Kenshi and Quan Chi broke the MK1-3 trend and Cyber Sub, Freddy, and Skarlet proved they can create new ones. This game is limitless, start realizing that people.

If MK10 were to be released on the 360/PS3, it would most likely be the same thing just with new characters, fatalities, or modes. Which can easily be summed up as DLC.

I'm so glad you made this cuz it's such a bad trend to me. People want characters saved for future releases but we're in the present now. It's a video game, they can make up whatever story they want. Do we really feel like sitting around and waiting for MK10 just for some new characters? I don't and I don't see who can. There's no need for MK10 until the next generation of game systems. This time they finally made the new 3D game right and we really don't need to mess with it (other than online connection). I would absolutely love an exclusive MK4 character pack and hell even a deception pack. I think they should keep making DLC regardless of what people say because most of us all are still going to buy it.

One of Boon's first tweets was something along the lines of "Who should be first, Kenshi? Rain? Shinnok?" So obviously they weren't intending on "saving" any of these characters. Plus Kenshi and Quan Chi broke the MK1-3 trend and Cyber Sub, Freddy, and Skarlet proved they can create new ones. This game is limitless, start realizing that people.

If MK10 were to be released on the 360/PS3, it would most likely be the same thing just with new characters, fatalities, or modes. Which can easily be summed up as DLC.

couldn't have said it better. I don't get the argument either, if they release a character for DLC, doesn't mean they can't be in the next game as well. I'm sure Scorpion and Sub Zero will be in the next one(tip of the ice berg lol) i don't see why Rain, Skarlet, Kenshi etc aren't viewed the same. its not like if they do DLC they will never do that character again. well hopefully that is the case with guest characters lol

Its very very simple.

The characters that are being saved for the next game are the less popular characters.
The "boring" ones.

So NRS needs to flesh them out with a strong story mode to get them into fans' hearts.

Its very very simple.

The characters that are being saved for the next game are the less popular characters.
The "boring" ones.

So NRS needs to flesh them out with a strong story mode to get them into fans' hearts.

I really don't think its "very, very, simple"

So were going to wait around for MK10 with a cast of "boring" characters? I thought Kenshi was boring in 5 and 6 but then he came out for MK9 and is actually sweet (IMP). So what if a character was "boring" in an old game, they can totally make them over in this one. Yeh not EVERY character is worth DLC but there sure as hell are some good ones left.

Exactly!!
4 more characters will only make NRS MORE money!
Hell, 8 more!
But I do have a feeling this is the end of DLC for at least this year.. or mayber until holiday season.

I really don't think its "very, very, simple"

So were going to wait around for MK10 with a cast of "boring" characters? I thought Kenshi was boring in 5 and 6 but then he came out for MK9 and is actually sweet (IMP). So what if a character was "boring" in an old game, they can totally make them over in this one. Yeh not EVERY character is worth DLC but there sure as hell are some good ones left.

The reason Kenshi is in MK9 is because Ed likes him.
And (IMO) Kenshi still is a boring ass character.

He has nothing but a weak ass ending and a stale vignette.
He has some new special moves, he wasn't fleshed out at all.

All other post UMK3 characters face the same boring fate if they are whored out for DLC.
*cough*Havik*cough*

I see it going both ways, if they wait til the next game yes that is time to flesh them out, but at the same time if they make a character a DLC, that is what 8 - 10 weeks of focusing specifically on that one character.

Even with the story mode, characters like Sonya are still boring and Sheeva is has no character development. She's just lame. But even so, a few peoplo like to play with her, and she gained more respect from me when I saw a really good Sheeva player in action. So waiting for a new game or story mode is no excuse. Surely they don't need to release EVERYONE as DLC, but my point is that there are people complaining about almost every DLC that players request. Skarlet was a total new character that didn't have any role in the story mode as was released as DLC, and a lot of people like her. And if you don't like a character, don't buy him. It's simple as that.

People here just love to force their opinions into others...

I feel like some arguments are getting a little twisted. I just hate this stupid "No more DLC to save stuff for the next game" idea. NRS could definately make more money and that's kinda what they're after, so they just should regardless of the fan base. I'm not saying every character should be released. I just think some honorable mentions from throughout the series should be remade into this new game engine. Not 20 more characters (which honestly I'd be down for) but at least another pack of logical characters released. I also feel like there won't be anymore characters coming out which I am NOT ready for, at least not yet. Every other game releases DLC for like a year after its out, idk why that would change for this game.

About Kenshi, I thought gameplay wise he's incredible and this is coming from someone who truely hated him for being an Ermac copy. But as for me, I could care less about the story and ending crap (I do like them, but they only take up about 1% of gameplay time) and I would like more people to play with. More new people to master and all that jazz.

Oh and as a Havik fan, I would love to see what they could do to make him sweet in this one, unlike his last 2 previous appearances.

Even with the story mode, characters like Sonya are still boring and Sheeva is has no character development. She's just lame. But even so, a few peoplo like to play with her, and she gained more respect from me when I saw a really good Sheeva player in action. So waiting for a new game or story mode is no excuse. Surely they don't need to release EVERYONE as DLC, but my point is that there are people complaining about almost every DLC that players request. Skarlet was a total new character that didn't have any role in the story mode as was released as DLC, and a lot of people like her. And if you don't like a character, don't buy him. It's simple as that.

People here just love to force their opinions into others...

Sonya is loved because she is part of the OG trilogy.
People use Sheeva because she is the underdog and it is fun to whoop ass with a loser.

Skarlett?
Skarlett is a ninja.
Of course people like her :roll:

But its guys like Darrius, Hsu Hao and Kai that need a strong story to back them up.

And my opinion is the only one that matters.
The sooner you realize that, the easier things will be :reddy:

Sonya is loved because she is part of the OG trilogy.
People use Sheeva because she is the underdog and it is fun to whoop ass with a loser.

Skarlett?
Skarlett is a ninja.
Of course people like her :roll:

But its guys like Darrius, Hsu Hao and Kai that need a strong story to back them up.

And my opinion is the only one that matters.
The sooner you realize that, the easier things will be :reddy:

Sonya may be loved, but in MK9 she's boring. And IMO, even Smoke (who's a ninja) is boring in MK9.

No character needs a strong story to back them up. They just need to look cool and have a stylish and fun gameplay. Story is just an excuse for putting a character in a game, only that.

Sheeva has great move, but she's just too damn ugly and bland. Even Baraka (who is another underdog) looks much cooler than her. She looked much better in past games.

Sonya may be loved, but in MK9 she's boring. And IMO, even Smoke (who's a ninja) is boring in MK9.

No character needs a strong story to back them up. They just need to look cool and have a stylish and fun gameplay. Story is just an excuse for putting a character in a game, only that.

Sheeva has great move, but she's just too damn ugly and bland. Even Baraka (who is another underdog) looks much cooler than her. She looked much better in past games.

Yessss, that's great to know.

I remember you supporting Shujinko and Hsu Hao, too. I'm still alone on Tanya, dammit. :cry:

/lonelyfanclub

alone on tanya? she is popular, i want her for DLC for sure. not sure if it will happen or not but here is hoping

Sonya may be loved, but in MK9 she's boring.

what happened to her inverted bicycle kick? i know its in her x-ray but come on that is so iconic for her *grumbles* lol

Nah son, all the MK characters need to have good stories to back them up. As for a character with a great look and gameplay but no story? We already have guest characters (and Baraka) for that purpose.

scary%2Bobama.png

Get out of here!

alone on tanya? she is popular, i want her for DLC for sure. not sure if it will happen or not but here is hoping

what happened to her inverted bicycle kick? i know its in her x-ray but come on that is so iconic for her *grumbles* lol
I'm not a Tanya fan, but I'd like to see her as DLC.

Nah son, all the MK characters need to have good stories to back them up. As for a character with a great look and gameplay but no story? We already have guest characters (and Baraka) for that purpose.
When I was younger and started playing MK, I didn't know english, so story for me was nothing and I still don't give a damn lol Why, it's a fighting game, and not a RPG.