4th DLC Character Discussion: Freddy Krueger~ ALL FREDDY DISCUSSION GOES HERE

Are you getting Freddy Krueger?

• Total voters
Re: Do you think the mystery Kharacter will be a brand new person in the MK universe

Honestly, I think the silhouette is just placeholder.

Re: ??? DLC Character

It's a placeholder pic, dude. It doesn't have to look like the character it's representing at all. They're trying to keep the 4th character a mystery for now; the long hair would ruin that. And as I replied to you in another thread when I suggested Shinnok as the 4th DLC character, role has nothing to do with the choice of DLC characters. Besides, Fujin playing a role in the next MK10 has NOT been confirmed. Not even the next game has been confirmed. Just because it is widely assumed by us fans doesn't mean it will actually come true.

If role had anything to do with choosing and not choosing DLC characters, Quan Chi would not have had such a prominent role in the story of this game nor would he have been playable. Fujin was in MKM: SZ before having a large role in MK4, so it's not like they haven't done anything like that before.

Shinnok, most likley, will end up being a boss the next game. That would be dumb is they make the boss playable in this game. And sorry about that, I didn't realize it was a placeholder by looking at render. I just thought they were going to the same thing they did with Liu Kang.

And Quan Chi has a big role in this game. He's in this game because he is keeping his eye on Shao Kahn to mess up so he and Shinnok kan kome in the picture and that's exactly what happened by the ending of Story Mode.

MK10 will happen dude. They left us with a big cliffhanger. It wouldn't make any sense if they wouldn't make the game. And BTW, they had a HUGE success on the game, so of kourse we're gonna have another game.

Re: Do you think the mystery Kharacter will be a brand new person in the MK universe

My guess is that is just a mans silhouette, no1 is 100% planned atm. I think they have a few characters in the works and are just letting us know there will be more DLC after, skarlett, kenshi and rain.

Basically im trying to say i think they have started working on a few charcters, most probably, reiko, cyborg smoke, fujin an tanya. But are not yet ready to start developing 1 of them into a final character. I belive the NRS are not sure wich 1 will be out next, so have put a ??? character up just so we know there is more to come after rain.

I hoping for Reiko or cyborg smoke... Fingers crossed we get all 4 i listed above in a few months time.

With all the Smoke spammers and kids out there who love a cheap smoke fight he has become a fan favourite. Its a good business oppotunity for the NRS to make a cyborg smoke for DLC. Purely because all the old MK fans will most likey bye him becuase he was there in MK3 and come on cybrog smoke with his slightly purple colouring was so amazing. Ontop of that, hes a fan fav who a lot of kids will be eager to buy.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if cyborg smoke came out 4th, hes my odds on favourite to be released anyways.

I love Fujin but I belive he will be in MK10 and will have a MAJOR roll.
The only person wo would make sense here would be Reiko. In Story Mode when Raiden talks about Kitana on chains. Shang Tsung says in the backround, Kenshi vs Reiko! I'll find a link.
It's hard to hear!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmJECeRdQwo

Honestly, I think the silhouette is just placeholder.

That's my guess. I can figure a number of characters that could logically fill the slot, but no one stands out more than any of the others to me. Reiko is referenced in the game, Cyber-Smoke was originally in MK3, Fujin has the announcer's voice thing goin' and he's in an ending, Tanya has a small but verbal fanbase, Shinnok seems to have a serious upcoming role, but it really could be any of them as far as I can see...

Of kourse it looks like a placeholder.

I would love it if it's Young Shujinko like DCP said.

I love Fujin but I belive he will be in MK10 and will have a MAJOR roll.
The only person wo would make sense here would be Reiko. In Story Mode when Raiden talks about Kitana on chains. Shang Tsung says in the backround, Kenshi vs Reiko! I'll find a link.
It's hard to hear!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmJECeRdQwo

OLLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just made me the happiest person right now in the TRMK. I really hope it's Reiko. Reiko being at the Outworld tounrment makes more sense than Fujin being there. Reiko was the general of Shao Kahn's army in the original timeline before, maybe they kan kome up with some type of story to fit Reiko into this game.

With all the Smoke spammers and kids out there who love a cheap smoke fight he has become a fan favourite. Its a good business oppotunity for the NRS to make a cyborg smoke for DLC. Purely because all the old MK fans will most likey bye him becuase he was there in MK3 and come on cybrog smoke with his slightly purple colouring was so amazing. Ontop of that, hes a fan fav who a lot of kids will be eager to buy.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if cyborg smoke came out 4th, hes my odds on favourite to be released anyways.

Fact: People spam with every character, not just smoke. Also if there is a Cyber Smoke, he will be different. Just like Sub-Zero Vs. Cyber Sub-Zero.

With the success of Mortal Kombat 9 why would Warner Bros automatically not have another game?

You keep on saying things that you do not make sense on. I think that you are just naturally negative and you try to doubt something even if it is very stupid to do that.

Naturally negative? That's the first time I've heard that one. How about merely being the devil's advocate?

I want the next MK game as much as you do, I'm merely stating that it isn't confirmed yet. There's a difference between being confirmed and actually happening. We don't officially know anything about "MK10" and won't for a while. We just logically and rightfully assume it will be coming. it's It's the same thing with Ermac's ending; we all know Ermac is no longer bound to Shao Kahn due to him being killed by the Elder Gods, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Last edited:

Reiko would fit the silhouette pretty well...

Shinnok, most likley, will end up being a boss the next game. That would be dumb is they make the boss playable in this game. And sorry about that, I didn't realize it was a placeholder by looking at render. I just thought they were going to the same thing they did with Liu Kang.

And Quan Chi has a big role in this game. He's in this game because he is keeping his eye on Shao Kahn to mess up so he and Shinnok kan kome in the picture and that's exactly what happened by the ending of Story Mode.

MK10 will happen dude. They left us with a big cliffhanger. It wouldn't make any sense if they wouldn't make the game. And BTW, they had a HUGE success on the game, so of kourse we're gonna have another game.
Again, you are completely missing the point here. I, like you, am pretty sure that Shinnok will be the next game's main boss, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. It will happen, it just isn't official yet. There are a lot of MK9 players out there who probably don't even known who Shinnok or Fujin are, let alone their roles in the overall storyline of MK. They have to cater to that side, as well, and reintroducing them as DLC would be a great way of doing that.

And I wouldn't put it past them to make Shinnok DLC and make him the main boss of the next game. Shinnok was playable at the same time of him being the main boss in MK4. Quan Chi, being one of the two main bosses in Deadly Alliance, was playable before Deadly Alliance (in MK4) and in Deadly Alliance itself.

Besides, all of the events were a plan of Shinnok to conquer the realms, not Quan Chi. Quan Chi just helped realize Shinnok's desires to free himself of the Netherrealm's confines.

From the silhouette it looks only like Jarek to me but i think it must be a placeholder or a new character, i hope he is Reiko.

From the silhouette it looks only like Jarek to me but i think it must be a placeholder or a new character, i hope he is Reiko.

I've heard Jarek's name brought up a couple times and it frightens me each and every time despite the fact that I feel pretty sure that it's just a placeholder image haha.

I doubt its gonna be a brand new character. I'm thinking its most likely Shinnok or Tanya. The shadow is a placeholder...you can tell by its lack of features compared to the other two.

How long do you think it would take them to create a character and test their move-set for balance? Is it possible that they haven't decided who it'll be yet?

How long do you think it would take them to create a character and test their move-set for balance? Is it possible that they haven't decided who it'll be yet?

That's a big maybe. They say its due out this summer, which means they've got about two months to get whoever it is out. If they don't know who it is yet, that's two months for concept, story, motion capture, animation, balancing...the whole shebang. I think its more likely they're just keeping it secret for now to hype it up.

I hope see reiko or havik, but if a new character.....
Maybe Tremor...another color swap ninja doesnt change anything right?
And tremor is "earth and rock" based character, nothing seen before in mk character.