Choice of story progression

Both. I definitely want new characters to be introduced so that MK can keep moving forward. But I don't want future installments to be overloaded with a crappy batch of "new" characters ala Deadly Alliance and Deception. Also, keep the klassic characters. They could switch up how much emphasis is put on the established characters' stories in each story; for example, Sub-Zero may be more prominent in MK10's story, and then in MK11, Smoke might be more an important character.

I would also like for some MK4 and Deception characters with potential to be given the Stryker/Nightwolf treatments and be more fully fleshed out. Characters like Reiko, Tanya, Ashrah, Fujin (he is already pretty well-liked), Kai, Li Mei and Havik (see Fujin) can be revamped and become what most of the MK3 characters are now; characters who weren't given enough attention in the past but are now great because more attention was indeed given to them. But there aren't many post-Trilogy characters that have potential and most of them just need to be axed completely. Kira, Kobra, Hsu Hao, Nitara, Moloch, Drahmin, Taven, Daegon, Blaze, Jarek, and Mavado are examples of post-Trilogy characters that I think need to stay in the past. Sheeva, too, is a character I think should be getting a pink slip from the MKverse; she is never really liked in any game she appears in and Sheeva doesn't have much if any reason to be in the story anyway; the only reason people really want her is because fans back in the day wanted a playable Shokan, and Sheeva was the answer for that. We don't really need a playable Shokan now. She has nostalgiac value, yes, but if there was one well-known klassic character that the MK team would ever get rid of, it would definitely be Sheeva.

I disagree, we need a shokan or a huge guy equivalent. Because the one thing that Mortal Kombat is lacking is your Zangeif's/Tagers/Ganondorfs ect ect.

Your grapplers/HUGE hitters.

Guy that will kill you if you let him grab you more than 4-5 times. Does huge damage, but is slow as a turtle can't dash(or can dash but can't jump) Uses meter for armor. Ect ect. Sheeva is the closest thing we got to that so far. We need a character like this. Doesn't have to be shokan, but i'd rather have her in, than to get rid of her and not replace her witha grappler type character.

I disagree, we need a shokan or a huge guy equivalent. Because the one thing that Mortal Kombat is lacking is your Zangeif's/Tagers/Ganondorfs ect ect.

Guy that will kill you if you let him grab you more than 4-5 times. Does huge damage, but is slow as a turtle can't dash(or can dash but can't jump) Uses meter for armor. Ect ect. Sheeva is the closest thing we got to that so far. We need a character like this. Doesn't have to be shokan, but i'd rather have her in, than to get rid of her and not replace her witha grappler type character.
Yea, I agree that we need more variety in fighting style and include grapplers and heavy hitters. But at the same time people argue that including characters like Goro and Shao Kahn will reduce their values as boss character's drastiscally since many feel that they should remain OP and unplayable, so that when defeating them the victory is so much sweeter.

I personally won't mind Goro or Kintaro being playable. Perhaps in the next game Shinnok (who will most probably be the main boss) can be a playable character but during a boss fight with him he tranforms in a demon with full life, when his life bar gets depleted which could be his unplayable boss form.

Last edited:
Can't remember who I was talking to earlier, you know who you are if you read this.
Spoiler:
But since everyone dies in Mortal Kombat 9
, Mortal Kombat 10 should deal with Mortal Kombat 4
Spoiler:
minus the kombatents who died in Mortal Kombat 9
plus Sindel.

Ive seen on this thread people fretting that our Mk heros are not coming back, trust me they will, Quan Chi is controlling them, so he has a pretty nice gang of bad asses. Only characters that might not come back are Sang Tsung, Noob, and Liu Kang (personally i believe that Quan Chi has Liu Kang now) And noob is already undead so he will come back. Sang might now also I doubt if Shao will. So really the next game will be about saving them

I want to see more focus on Chaosrealm and Orderrealm. The story says there are 6 realms, but we only ever hear about 4 of them: Earthrealm, Outworld, Netherrealm and Edenia. You can't just make up two more and then ignore them like that. We've seen battles of good and evil plenty of times, but the game would take a much more interesting spin on two things we don't understand: chaos and order.

I want to see new Shirai-Ryu characters. We've got plenty of Lin Quei related characters, but all I ever hear of Shirai-Ryu is that "Quan Chi/Sub-Zero killed Scorpion's family and clan." Expand, MK! Give us some new characters stemming off of that family and clan.

Ashrah! I want to see Ashrah! Sure, half-naked lady ninjas are nice, but it doesn't hurt to see someone wearing fully clothed attire. Ashrah's costume breaks the traditional bikini scheme and that gives the game more substance with style.

I liked the story mode in MK9 with the player being different characters, but none of them were bad guys. I wanted to see the antagonists' sides of the same story like MKvsDC.

Finally, I want a much bigger character roaster. Not as much as MKA, but more than what we got for MK(2011).

Damn, that post you replied to was soooooooooooooooooooo long ago. During my Bruce Norris Forever days even. lol

Anyway, I definitely see your point, I never thought of it that way. Idgaf anymore if Sheeva stays or not, tbh. Just give me mah Kai, Fujin, Reiko, Shinnok and Tanya please NRS

Damn, that post you replied to was soooooooooooooooooooo long ago. During my Bruce Norris Forever days even. lol

Anyway, I definitely see your point, I never thought of it that way. Idgaf anymore if Sheeva stays or not, tbh. Just give me mah Kai, Fujin, Reiko, Shinnok and Tanya please NRS

They could try using a new mythological creature. Motaro's based on centaurs which came from Greek myths, Nitara is a vampire, Drahmin and Moloch are oni like Japanese oni and Sheeva is like the Hindu god Shiva. It would be sooo cool if they tried something like basing a character on a myth from a different culture like Egyptian or Mayan.

Don't, just don't keep them dead. Mostly because people have different favourites and it's just bad to spit on some people's favourites while keeping others. Some, like Scorpion and Sub zero won't ever die because of their popularity.

I don't agree with that because by that logic, almost every single MK character should stay in almost every single MK game

I love the fallen heroes but IMO, it's time to give them a break, even if for just a while, so that the story can actually grow and develop

Let other characters flourish and have the spotlight

True enough, but tbh the characters that died by the hand of Sindel SHOULD be brought back, give them a fitting death if you want, but undo what happened in that horrid scene. If a death is done well, fine but that wasn't a good way to throw away so many good characters.

EDIT: also killing the characters that couldn't flourish in the first place is stupid. Secondary characters. Like Jade, Stryker, Kabal and such. Strangely enough Sonya and Johnny survived which are far more unlikeable than the other ones. Raiden could've been the one to die quite frankly. As a sacrifice or something.

Last edited:
They should be brought back for GAME PLAY yes

but story wise keep them dead until the end.

Their death's can create motives and opportunities for character development for the other characters. For example, Kuai Liang (Cyber Sub-Zero) is dead, what is Noob or Scorpion to do?

I actually wouldn't be as heartbroken if Sub Zero didn't return. But still the way he died is pathetic. And I'll never take their deaths seriously now, that scene with Sindel was god awful, I just can't look past that. That was just too much BS to swallow.

It was definitely a horrible scene, I agree with that

They all died pretty easily, it was sloppily done

It also made every other hero besides Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Liu Kang, Kitana and Nightwolf (I guess Kung Lao too) seem insignificant to the overall plot since they all died within the same scene

True shit.

They should have died in like individual flash backs leading up to chapter 15 and 16. Actually the chapters should have been longer, say 4 more chapters dedicated to villains trying to kill the heroes then chapter 21 could have been Raiden's chapter

Yeah, everything after Cyber Sub-Zero's chapter just felt rushed as shit

There should have been a Noob Saibot chapter, and a scene showing how Quan Chi resurrected him

At that, how about a scene showing how the Lin Kuei got converted into cyborgs

Yeah Noob kind of just appeared out of nowhere as if the developers were saying "here you go another villain" that's it, that' pretty much all I saw. Seriously, a lot of things happen and few of them were explained. I'd love to see chapters involving Mileena, Noob, Ermac and such even though Ermac would feel hollow since he's kind of a drone while Shao Kahn is alive. Mileena is just bat shit insane and Noob has his own scheme.
The scene with Sindel is unforgivable. It's like all of those chars that died were just pawns or a bunch of nobodies that NRS killed off to give us a feeling of "we don't have much time left" and drama and stuff, but instead it made me sad, mad and just made me feel betrayed.

They should bring some of the dead fighters back in the next game. Smoke is an enenra, Jade will be brought back by the mystery woman, Sub-Zero be returned as a human again and Liu can return but scarred & rogue. In fact, Liu can have a hatred for Raiden for betraying him, and Shinnok would help him (act like Sideous).