hidden characters in MKII mat2

guitarguy1181

Ok, so who here who has MAT2 has fought Noob, Smoke, or Jade on MKII? First off, how the hell can you beat the person in front of the question mark using only low kicks? Thats impossible! 2nd, I dont see the "Toasty" guy, so how do we get to Smoke? Thirdly, I dont see Jade or Smoke in the Living Forest.

You can win the fight only using Low Kicks.

It's easier to pick Sub-Zero, as his ground freeze helps alot.

Plus I recommend a lot of sweeps.

As for toasty, do uppercuts in the portal stage. If you see him, press start really fast. You'll fight him.

and jade and smoke in the living forest... they're there, they're just random and rare - it's not supposed to be simple ;)

dude it's not only using low kicks, it's only using the low kick button. You can jump kick as long as you use LK, you can use any special moves that use only LK, you can sweep, etc. You just can't push any other button, including block.

It's really not that hard.

zynthetic said:
As for toasty, do uppercuts in the portal stage. If you see him, press start really fast. You'll fight him.

Isn't it down+start?

Anyway, be aware that Dan Forden won't always appear in the Portal stage, even if you do nothing but uppercuts every round. They do this for a reason-- they don't like to make things easy.

As for Noob Saibot, you have to win 50 matches in a row to fight him.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
zynthetic said:

Isn't it down+start?

Anyway, be aware that Dan Forden won't always appear in the Portal stage, even if you do nothing but uppercuts every round. They do this for a reason-- they don't like to make things easy.

Wouldn't it be down and block? Im saying that because start will pause it on MAT2

guitarguy1181 said:
Wouldn't it be down and block? Im saying that because start will pause it on MAT2

Either or. I'm not sure I ever did that in the arcades, but I know on the Genesis it was down+start, but of course start was block. Hmmm... you know what, I'll check MAME for you.

Well, I tried with block and that didn't work, so...

Did it, it's definitely with start. I think in the context of that moment of the game, it should still work and not pause it. If not, I dunno, but for the arcade version, it's definitely not down+block.

Well if you want to really make it easy on you when on the select screen press down, up, right, up, left select. If you hear a sound like you selected someone it worked. Next pick Liu Kang. Now the fight before the ? is simple. Hold low kick for three seconds and release if you connect with the bike kick the round will be over as the code makes you have super strength. It also makes it alot easier to beat Jade as it more than doubles the damage you deal and more than cuts the damage your opponent deals in half. I love this code because I love putting Kintaro in his place in three uppercuts. It works big time as one uppercut puts a regular opponent in danger on his health. So this works for Jade. As for Smoke it doesn't help since you can only really hit one uppercut on the portal stage before the round is over. A good code to help with Smoke though is left, up, right, down, back, select. This will put you at 30 Kontinues/Kredits each time it's entered. So this way you can lose and lose, if you're playing one player, so you can get to the Portal more times than usual. As for Noob Saibot. Well I don't know. Lol.

Now for my question is there a secret for the living forest? Because there are times where like every three seconds during the rounds Smoke pops up and about every 10 seconds I see Jade on the other side... So what's the deal... Also in the living forest does anyone ever see Raiden? Those human like things beside each tree look like Raiden... Atleast I think...

Sub-Zero wrote
Well if you want to really make it easy on you when on the select screen press down, up, right, up, left select. If you hear a sound like you selected someone it worked. Next pick Liu Kang. Now the fight before the ? is simple. Hold low kick for three seconds and release if you connect with the bike ...

What system are you talking about? Because this thread is about MKII from MAT2 and those codes ain't gonna work seeing as this is a supposed direct port from the arcade...

KillKano! said:
Sub-Zero wrote
Well if you want to really make it easy on you when on the select screen press down, up, right, up, left select. If you hear a sound like you selected someone it worked. Next pick Liu Kang. Now the fight before the ? is simple. Hold low kick for three seconds and release if you connect with the bike ...

What system are you talking about? Because this thread is about MKII from MAT2 and those codes ain't gonna work seeing as this is a supposed direct port from the arcade...

Oh :| Sorry then I was just talking about MKII as in SNES and Sega... So sorry...

Sub-Zero said:
Now for my question is there a secret for the living forest? Because there are times where like every three seconds during the rounds Smoke pops up and about every 10 seconds I see Jade on the other side... So what's the deal... Also in the living forest does anyone ever see Raiden? Those human like things beside each tree look like Raiden... Atleast I think...

There's no Living Forest secret. If there was, don't ya' think you'd have heard about it in the eleven years since the game's release? The deal is just that Jade and Smoke are hidden in the game, and the Living Forest lets you know that.

About the Raiden thing, you'll know if you've played through Konquest mode in MKD that a whole mess of people wear hats that look like Raiden's. I don't know why exactly, but at any rate, a Raiden hat doesn't automatically mean it's Raiden.

i dont think you have to fight 50 times to fight saibot i believe there is a code at the character select screen...

im not sure if this is right but if i remember correctly its...

left, up, down, down, right, select

slap me if im wrong.

UberReaper777 said:
i dont think you have to fight 50 times to fight saibot i believe there is a code at the character select screen...

slap me if im wrong.

Wouldn't that be for SNES, though? As far as I know there's no quick way to fight Noob in the arcade version.

???

Ive had Dan Fordan come out on the portal stage and ive tried the Down+start several times, all it does it pause the screen, so how can it be done? anyone do it? maybe where screwed and we cant fight smoke on this version. Midway might of goofed up.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
UberReaper777 said:

slap me if im wrong.

Wouldn't that be for SNES, though? As far as I know there's no quick way to fight Noob in the arcade version.

Yes, that is on SNES only....

Re: ???

angelsmommy2002 said:
Ive had Dan Fordan come out on the portal stage and ive tried the Down+start several times, all it does it pause the screen, so how can it be done? anyone do it? maybe where screwed and we cant fight smoke on this version. Midway might of goofed up.

Just try everything, then. Try down+block, down+low punch, etc. Just try every button, I don't know what else to say. There's got to be a way to do it, that'd be pretty messed up if they forgot about fighting Smoke and didn't work out the kinks with the start button.

Does start still function in starting a game and continuing, or does it always pause it?

????

Ive tried Down+ everything now. Non seems to work. Yes start works on starting the game and continueing the game. But I noticed the Random select on the character select screen does not work. Its used to be UP+Start, It just pauses the game, and UP+ anything else just picks the person. I kinda think Ed Boon messed up on these 2 things. Bummer.

guitarguy1181 said:
DeathcoreRyknow said:
zynthetic said:

Isn't it down+start?

there is no pause

DeathcoreRyknow said:
guitarguy1181 said:

Either or. I'm not sure I ever did that in the arcades, but I know on the Genesis it was down+start, but of course start was block. Hmmm... you know what, I'll check MAME for you.

Well, I tried with block and that didn't work, so...

Did it, it's definitely with start. I think in the context of that moment of the game, it should still work and not pause it. If not, I dunno, but for the arcade version, it's definitely not down+block.

Hello, Thats for being kind to me on this board. Why I PMed you is b/c I noticed you said you had MK2 on MAME.

How does this MAME work?

I heard you can play each other with it, Also that you can get old arcade versions to play on your PC. Id like the MK games and "the grid" and NBA JAM TE v1.0 where you can play as MK characters.

Can you please tell me where to go to get these games and MAME to make them playable,

And if its true about being able to play each other, Id like to play you, hehe

Let me know, Thanks