This really isn't even worthy of its own topic, but I just had to share...

DCR

I was just browsing through the metal news for the day, and happened across an article for a band called ABACABB. That's right, it's a band named after the blood code from the Genesis version of MK1. The music itself is generic deathcore stocked with plenty of blatant chugga-chugga breakdowns, but if anyone is curious like I was, check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/abacabb

The best part is that they're clearly very annoyed by anyone who asks about the origin of their name (scroll down the page a bit to see the preemptive statement they make to anybody posing that question). For a band named after a video game, you'd think they'd have a sense of humor about it.

I listen to about 90% metal, and love heavy heavy shit, but this whole new wave of metal with these corny ass vocals are the worst.

Cool name, but thats about it.:sleep:

I don't actually care for the music either, there's nothing even remotely special about it. I just thought it was funny that they made a point of telling people to quit asking if they got their name from MK1. Again, it barely even deserves its own thread.

"YES, A,B,A,C,A,B,B IS THE BLOOD CODE IN MORTAL KOMBAT FOR SEGA GENESIS. PLEASE STOP MESSAGING US ABOUT THIS!!"

Hmm, that's kinda like saying "Well, DUH, you bunch of morons!" to their fans really. If you pick a name like that, then you're bound to be asked about it by everybody who has ever played the game. I think I'll log into my myspace now and drop them a comment asking the if they got their name from MK, lol.
On the other hand though, I'm surprised that nobody commented on the fact that their album cover looks like it could easily be the cover for a Twisted Metal game. It's just got that feel to it.

Strangely enough, if the band down-tuned their guitars to an A, that would actually probably be a decent chord sequence in a metal song. I'm going to form a ska band called Dullard to piss em off.

I never even thought about that. The first few notes of Blind by Korn actually follow that progression. I really wish I didn't know that. So much for it being decent.

Now I'm curious, though, as to whether they pronounce their name by saying each letter individually, or pronounce it phonetically like it's an actual word. Abba-cab isn't exactly a name that strikes fear into one's heart.