Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Sub-Zero gameplay, for those that said they didn't see any gameplay of him and it also shows his alternate costume......

Is it just me or do Sonya and Cassie have really rounded chubby faces? Well Cassie more so but they both seem a little oddly shaped. The quality of the faces is fine I just don't think they look like very attractive women, not that it matters because ugly girls need love too lol.

Yup. Cassie has a rounded face, and Sonya looks totally revamped. Actually, Sub-Zero is very different, the only ones we have seen that resemble are Johnny Cage, Raiden and Shinnok. Even Liu Kang and Kung Lao looks different (but better).

MK Twitter posted a pic of Geras with the caption "With each death, he is reborn smarter and stronger"

Interesting

According to MK Deception, gods are the ones who never die, but only need a time to reborn.

If Kronika is the goddess of time, I wonder what Geras is (despite the time powers and sands of time obvious use)

[...]

Has anyone noticed that kombos were not veeeeeeeeery present? Or is it just my impression because people are starting to play now?

Kano is massively disappointing. If anything, I was at least hoping for his son. Like I really feel like the same Knife and laser guy he's been since MK3 could sit this one out.

I agree.

I'd like to point out that as much flak people give Street Fighter 5(some of it which is deserved), I at least give Capcom credit for bringing back more characters that weren't in USF4 rather than just rehashing that roster all over.

I agree.

I'd like to point out that as much flak people give Street Fighter 5(some of it which is deserved), I at least give Capcom credit for bringing back more characters that weren't in USF4 rather than just rehashing that roster all over.

SFV starting roster had 8 SF2 characters, 4 Alpha characters and 4 new at launch. That's not much different than this.
The first DLC pack included 2 more SF2 characters, meaning that every character from the original SF2 (the equivalent of MK2 characters in terms of popularity) other than Blanka and Honda were in the game that first year. Re-introducing a couple of popular characters that missed the previous game (like Urien, Alex or Nash) is no different than MK11 having Kabal or Rain, and most of those were DLC.

I really like how the roster kept evolving after the following seasons but it wasn't much better at launch than what seems to be MK11 roster.

Last edited:
I actually don’t get the hate on Ronda voicing Sonya. She sounds fine to me as far as I‘ve heard her voice.

She sounds horrible. When I first heard Sonya's voice I was like OH GOD WHO IS THAT and it turns out that they opted to get a big name instead of a good voice actress.

SFV starting roster had 8 SF2 characters, 4 Alpha characters and 4 new at launch. That's not much different than this.
The first DLC pack included 2 more SF2 characters, meaning that every character from the original SF2 (the equivalent of MK2 characters in terms of popularity) other than Blanka and Honda were in the game that first year. Re-introducing a couple of popular characters that missed the previous game (like Urien, Alex or Nash) is no different than MK11 having Kabal or Baraka, and most of those were DLC.

I really like how the roster kept evolving after the following seasons but it wasn't much better at launch than what seems to be MK11 roster.

You're right, SF5 roster at launch wasn't much better, but it still mixed things and had more variety. And before that came out characters like Nash, Birdie, Urien etc hadn't been playable in game since the PS/Dreamcast era since that was the last time a new SF game was made before SF4. Whereas Kabal and Baraka were last playable in MK9.

Very happy there is just only little stuff you can change in the appearance of the character but disappointed with the color change like the blue scorpion

The customization is great too. I love Tribal Baraka, plus seeing Scorpion without his hood again is awesome.
I can't wait to see what you can do with Kabal

Hmmm... I dunno about this one. I walked away and came back. But for some reason MK11 feels underwhelming... dunno what I expected. Just not getting that feeling of "WoooW" Like I did with MKX reveal. MKX felt like a move forward. Something new. MK11... feels like I have seen this stuff already. And just not digging art direction. Seriously. Can't put my finger on what's the actual problem.

I don't know how old you are, but I've noticed that as I've gotten older, I don't get nearly as "hyped", ever for things I'm actually excited about. MKX came out in 2015. Is it possible you've just outgrown getting hyped about this kind of thing? Just a thought.

Now, about stages, regarding the trailers what can we select (not necessarily the actual names):

Shang Tsung's Island
Black Dragon Club/hideout
SF where Johnny Cage is in the background
SF desert
Ship with canons (Nethership?)
That one that looks like a new version of Shao Kahn's arena
Shaolin Temple (they may go back to MKII, there's even a monk dead, wonder if this is where Baraka comes back)
Netherrealm place where Shinnok's head is

Now, about stages, regarding the trailers what can we select (not necessarily the actual names):

Shang Tsung's Island
Black Dragon Club/hideout
SF where Johnny Cage is in the background

OKAY i have heard of Johnny Cage being in the background of a stage now and i have also read where someone said he is in the character select screen in the behind the scenes video.....I havent spotted him anywhere...can someone help me out with this

I don't know how old you are, but I've noticed that as I've gotten older, I don't get nearly as "hyped", ever for things I'm actually excited about. MKX came out in 2015. Is it possible you've just outgrown getting hyped about this kind of thing? Just a thought.

Nah. I am not that type. I create stuff every day so I can dance and get hyped any day, but stuff has to be good. To be honest I think it is just high expectations. I was really hoping for something different. Maybe this Injustice 2 feeling not running for me, or just character designs. (Also my age is under my avatar. I am 27. According to current society standards, I am supposed to be now... senior citizen?)

Baraka looks boooooooring. And I have nothing against the guy. We need more non human characters, but he is just... meh.
Kronika... I hoped for more divine feeling, but just cliche design as usual.
Sonya Blade... mah usual main, but holy shit. Do something about her boring design. I am down for military gear, but this one is just too bland. We still have to see Young Sonya. Maybe she will look better. But judging by the current artsyle...

Yeah you know. I think I see my problem. I was hoping for more mystical look. Something that fits MK lore better for me. But everything feels so... modernized. I think that Special Forces stuff is just getting too much. Skarlet face is ok, but... she feels too modern. While I kinda like her outfit without the hat, it still screams too much of... MODERN.

Combat system feels too cinematic. That's cause I prefer speed I guess. I don't like interruptions that slow down the game mid match.
Character movement feels restricted now. Like they are carrying weights or something.

Overall this feels too much of Injustice 2 for me. I was expecting more ritualistic clothing, but again. I might be surprised when they reveal more content.

Even so menus look lazy (I can't believe I am saying that, especially after liking simplistic MKX menu). That character screen just rubs me off the wrong way.

Yeah. It just doesn't have the feeling of being a world with Gods, Mystical creatures, and actual brutal combat. Just because they added tons of blood effects, doesn't really make combat fast and brutal. It feels like I am watching Nolan's version of Mortal Kombat?

And trust me I was hyped af before reveal, but after seeing gameplay, the fire died down.

TL:DR version. Art design and gameplay wise, it isn't what I expected. Like at all. I could go as far and say it is 180 from what I expected. But that's just my opinion. Doesn't mean game is bad. I guess I just have these unusual tastes.

Combat system feels too cinematic. That's cause I prefer speed I guess. I don't like interruptions that slow down the game mid match.
Character movement feels restricted now. Like they are carrying weights or something.

Im will admit that i am worried about that crushing blow mechanic and visual...its here to stay though im sure..I don't think you have an unusual taste.A lot of people want to see more monster type characters.I'd like more of them to beat up on as well. lol

OKAY i have heard of Johnny Cage being in the background of a stage now and i have also read where someone said he is in the character select screen in the behind the scenes video.....I havent spotted him anywhere...can someone help me out with this

Johnny in the background:
77zxkvwxf1b21.jpg