Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guida vs Dos Anjos

• Hughes vs Almedia

• Nelson vs Dos Santos

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
HAHA - it's funny that you just assume Jones will take the belt back.
I agree. :)
While i also agree Rumble would have a shot against jones, Jones would tire rumble out with body shot, teep knee kicks and eye pokes(lol) and then submit him. Jones has shown a good chin, and his inside clinch game is amazing. Gus is the fighter to defeat Jones(if it were to happen at LHW).
What happened with Weidman that upset you ?

Yeah, now that I think about it, Rumble's cardio is HORRIBLE. And he's easily broken as seen in the Cormier fight. The problem is that I don't see Gus recovering from that Rumble fight for some reason... That really seemed to affect him. I'm thinking Bones will need to go to HW to have a challenge.

Weidman just whines too much, it annoys me to no end. Every time he mentioned something about Vitor's TRT past, I wanted to pull my bloody hair out and even the whole cheating allegations before the fight. Commissions are able to tell whether someone is taking synthetic testosterone.

oh i see, yeah Weidman and Rockhold really hate Belfort. neither will let it go.
i think both Rockhold(if he can stay healthy) or Jacare will be good fights for Weidman. Jacare has poor cardio but if he can submit gegard Mousasi he can submit Weidman. But then again Weidman stated on the post fight show that neither are on his level. I know Weidman was looking for a super fight between himself and Jon Jones in Madison square before Jones' legal problems.

If anyone is easily broken, it is Gus. Rumble murdered him in front of his hometown. He made him cry, for Christ's sake! That wasn't the case in the fight between DC and Rumble. They both did their thing. Rumble has nothing to be ashamed of. Hopefully, Jones' suspension only lasts a year and he comes back better than ever.

Weidman is the most boring fighter I've ever seen in my life.

oh i see, yeah Weidman and Rockhold really hate Belfort. neither will let it go.
i think both Rockhold(if he can stay healthy) or Jacare will be good fights for Weidman. Jacare has poor cardio but if he can submit gegard Mousasi he can submit Weidman. But then again Weidman stated on the post fight show that neither are on his level. I know Weidman was looking for a super fight between himself and Jon Jones in Madison square before Jones' legal problems.

Yeah I also can't stand Rockhold lol, he's another whiner. Weidman shouldn't even think of a superfight unless he defends the belt a few times. Rockhold should get the next shot IMO, and then Jacare after.

If anyone is easily broken, it is Gus. Rumble murdered him in front of his hometown. He made him cry, for Christ's sake! That wasn't the case in the fight between DC and Rumble. They both did their thing. Rumble has nothing to be ashamed of. Hopefully, Jones' suspension only lasts a year and he comes back better than ever.

Weidman is the most boring fighter I've ever seen in my life.

He did break in the fight though, in the latter rounds. He was letting Cormier take his back without any defence. He pretty much accepted his fate. It's all good though, DC does that to you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Yeah I also can't stand Rockhold lol, he's another whiner. Weidman shouldn't even think of a superfight unless he defends the belt a few times. Rockhold should get the next shot IMO, and then Jacare after.

He did break in the fight though, in the latter rounds. He was letting Cormier take his back without any defence. He pretty much accepted his fate. It's all good though, DC does that to you.

DC does that to you...unless your name is Jon Jones. When that's the case, DC just cries and says, "I'll try harder next time." Lol

Yeah that was so bad... Jones was ruthless about that as well LOL.

Yeah, talk about being broken! Cold hard truth: DC is not the real champion. He's a placeholder for if and when Jones comes back to make him cry again. Both, Johnson and Cormier did great...against each other. They should be proud of what they did but Jones wasn't involved and I can't see how either of them would have been able to truly see themselves as a legitimate title holder if they didn't even face him. Ric Flair once said, "To be the man, you gotta beat that man." Jones is STILL the man.

Yeah, talk about being broken! Cold hard truth: DC is not the real champion. He's a placeholder for if and when Jones comes back to make him cry again. Both, Johnson and Cormier did great...against each other. They should be proud of what they did but Jones wasn't involved and I can't see how either of them would have been able to truly see themselves as a legitimate title holder if they didn't even face him. Ric Flair once said, "To be the man, you gotta beat that man." Jones is STILL the man.

Yeah ain't no denying that whatsoever. That's why I wanted Rumble to win, we would've seen something different when Jones returned, but now we're gonna see the same thing. That's if Jones hasn't checked out mentally given his legal issues... His manager hinted he may walk away from the sport. A possible hype tactic, but a concern nonetheless.

Rumble is a beast but once DC got him to the ground he looked lost. Kind of like when Jones got rampage down in the 4th round, Rampage seem to give up his back. It looked like rumble knew his cardio was gone and gave up. I was so hoping for him to win.

side note.
what do you think of Travis Browne- bad match-up or over hype. how many more rebound fights will be needed to get the talk about title aspiration for him going again?

I always thought it was a HUGE mistake for him to leave jackson's. But then again he did the same thing with allianceMMA when he felt like he wasn't getting enough attention.

I think it was a HUGE mistake for Browne to leave Jackson's, it looks like it threw everything off for him because he was a beast while he was there. There's no way Arlovski, fighting with a torn calf muscle should be able to knock Browne out. I think Browne made a horrible career move and I don't see him bouncing back from it either, I just see him beating cans like Brendan Schaub from now on. At best, he may be a Gatekeeper.

I cannot wait for the Jones Cormier rematch whenever it happens. I think its possible Cormier just had a bad day and approached the fight with the wrong mindset and did'nt impose his will enough in that first fight. But the most important thing I took away from that fight is that Cormier was winning the stand up despite Jones reach. He said himself I think he said should have wrestled more in that fight.

Its the only blemish on his record every fighter has one slip up look at what he done to Big Foot, Barnett and Henderson and others bigger than him. I dont know but I got a feeling it could be different next time around!

[h=2]Daniel Cormier to face Alexander Gustafsson in first UFC LHW title defense![/h]i guess i should know by now that the UFC and today's MMA scene is more entertainment than sport. While i am Not a fan of Ryan Bader style, the guy is on a 4 fight win streak. Gustaffsson is coming of the beatdown of his life(he has lost 2 of his last 3) and just like Cormier is being gifted a title shot.
SIGH!!!!!!!!! JON JONES PLEASE GET YOUR LIFE TOGETHER and save this division.
Who knows Jones may come back and go straight to HW.
:(

[h=2]Daniel Cormier to face Alexander Gustafsson in first UFC LHW title defense![/h]i guess i should know by now that the UFC and today's MMA scene is more entertainment than sport. While i am Not a fan of Ryan Bader style, the guy is on a 4 fight win streak. Gustaffsson is coming of the beatdown of his life(he has lost 2 of his last 3) and just like Cormier is being gifted a title shot.
SIGH!!!!!!!!! JON JONES PLEASE GET YOUR LIFE TOGETHER and save this division.
Who knows Jones may come back and go straight to HW.

I completely agree. The fact that Daniel Cormier's crybaby ass even has that title is a shame. I don't care for Gus or Bader but at least Bader didn't get wrecked in his home country. Jones needs to come back and put all these lames on notice.

Let's be honest though, DC would've walked right through Bader had that been next. I'm interested to see how Gustafsson bounces back from his loss... He seems like an intelligent fighter, I think he'll plug the holes in his game and make this a close fight.

Sure but Bader " deserves " his shot if this sport was legitimate, right?
Gus should work his way back up with a couple wins. Where the hell is Rashad? If i were Machida i would move back up to LHW. Also Dana and the UFC should have DC/Bader coach TUF , it gives the division time to shake itself out post Jones. By the time Bader DC fights, hopefully Jones would be back and fight the winner. By then Rashad, MAchida, brendan schaub and Rumble could rebound/ get wins(with the correct match making) and we have legit contenders. Just my opinion. LHW is my favorite division, but i really hate the state it's in now.

With the New drug policies going into effect, i expect MANY fights to fall thru.
[h=2]PS.
Werdum has the tools needed to defeat Cain. we will have to see what version of Cain returns.[/h]