Mortal Kombat X Official Gameplay Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if there is an option to change the language of the game? Because the translation to Portuguese feels just wrong to me.

This pretty weird... But I can't seem to make a combo with Sonya. I don't even know if she has basic launching moves or strings. Its embarrassing lmao

This pretty weird... But I can't seem to make a combo with Sonya. I don't even know if she has basic launching moves or strings. Its embarrassing lmao

She doesn't have any launching strings. You need to rely on her variations for popups. Like her Military Stance Cartwheel. If you're fast enough, you can have that become a natural combo with other strings.

Thanks for making me feel dumb :rofl:

She seems to be a very solid fighter, amazing mixups and so much 50/50 potential.

Anyone else notice a SEVERE difficulty change between medium and hard? Im not that great of a player, but I could still get flawlesses on medium but got my rump handed to me in almost every match on hard. Id hate to try very hard D:

The frame data is way better than mk9 allowing for less spam without punishment
Though after dropping scorpion(hellfire) as my main and then playing against him myself, I realized how ridiculous he is.
A character should not have ranged overhead, low snare, mid snare/pull, teleport, xray that covers more than half the screen, AND easily deal 30%+ on either of the JUST the snare or pulls without meter.

I can beat them but only because I've "mained" him but without the correct character it is extremely difficult

Anyone else notice a SEVERE difficulty change between medium and hard? Im not that great of a player, but I could still get flawlesses on medium but got my rump handed to me in almost every match on hard. Id hate to try very hard D:
Yeah, the ratchet up between those two is... not very smooth, shall we say. I tried to stream story mode on Hard and averaged 5-6 retries for each fight, and actually gave up at Kotal's fight against Rain because I just knew that I'd hit my skill ceiling.

Medium feels just about right, but I'd be happy for it to be just a touch more difficult. I can't do Hard, though. Only the odd fluke match.

After spending a few hours in the lab with her, this is what I learned..

Preferred starters...
B14
B33
F4
Dive kick

First off, let me warn you that Sonya doesn't have damaging combos. She barely breaks the 30% barrier. She's all about constant pressure and mix ups.

11, B33,B14,F4 can be cancelled into MS4. From there you can either do 11 leg grab or 21+21U4. F4 needs to cancelled after the first kick.

F2 has insane range so use it as a footsie tool. It can also be cancelled into leg grab. I can't find any other use for it.

Your JIP should be followed up with either B33(low) or B14(overhead/low) because it's tricky to block.

Here's a vid of Scar beastin with Sonya...

@Last-Starfighta I saw a guy that used B3322 as a combos starter, I can't do it though I always drop the last 2 lol.

Yeah, the ratchet up between those two is... not very smooth, shall we say. I tried to stream story mode on Hard and averaged 5-6 retries for each fight, and actually gave up at Kotal's fight against Rain because I just knew that I'd hit my skill ceiling.

Medium feels just about right, but I'd be happy for it to be just a touch more difficult. I can't do Hard, though. Only the odd fluke match.

I managed to get to Goro on hard, but that four-armed son of a gun destroyed me! I tried again later, got to about the 5th fight and had to call it quits. Sub Zero is quite a tricky character.

Medium is okay, but it feels a bit too easy at times. Crank it up a notch to hard and its dang near impossible for me.

Last edited:
I'm a real amateur when it comes to knowing what B332 & all of the others mean. Can I please get a guide to knowing these.