Tanya in MKX?

They probably wanted to make her look attractive.
To white supremacists I suppose?

Look, I love Tanya's inclusion, but I don't really like how she looks. My Tanya was always meant to be this very Ethiopian-ish girl with very dark skin colour and long black hair (in Deception they nailed her visual IMO). Not feeling the Egyptian-caucasian vibe she's passing... She's the only female I care for so far, but they NEED to improve her greatly. I am fine with her outfit, but I am expecting something more noble for her. Not digging her hair at all. C'mon NRS! You improved Mileena, don't screw Tanya! :(

You don't have to be a white supremacist to prefer non African American ladies lol. It's just a preference some people have. Youshould really be more tolerant of peoples' preferences/lifestyles.

I was being ironic.

I just found your point about them turning her light skinned because they wanted to make her more "attractive" (to whom exactly?) insanely ridiculous, as if that was even the case. Follow your own words: you should be more tolerant towards other people's preferences indeed. You're basically saying that everyone prefers white chicks hence why they changed her skin colour, dude, REALLY.

I just found your point about them turning her light skinned because they wanted to make her more "attractive" (to whom exactly?) insanely ridiculous, as if that was even the case. Follow your own words: you should be more tolerant towards other people's preferences indeed. You're basically saying that everyone prefers white chicks hence why they changed her skin colour, dude, REALLY.
Most people do prefer white chicks. Ever heard of skin lightening products? People buy them to lighten their skin because people generally find lighter skin more attractive. I'm not saying that's right, obviously. That's just the way it is.

Most people do prefer white chicks. Ever heard of skin lightening products? People buy them to lighten their skin because people generally find lighter skin more attractive. I'm not saying that's right, obviously. That's just the way it is.

Not in europe, here the guys prefer thai and philippino chicks.

"Whitening" is basically a cultural motivated market because they world is indeed Westernized. However, I am not going to comment on that in this topic. I want Tanya to be as dark as she can be. This is my opinion. She fits the Ethiopian and Nubian look, not the Egyptian one...

Besides, it shouldn't matter what race a character is anyway. Being for or opposed to a character based on their race would be pretty messed up. Either black or white should be fine with everyone.

So much unnecessary arguing over a character's ethnicity. She's Edenian, not African-American. People seriously need to stop crying about an animated character's skin colour.

So much unnecessary arguing over a character's ethnicity. She's Edenian, not African-American. People seriously need to stop crying about an animated character's skin colour.
What if shes an African-Edenian?

Dont take that seriously unless you want to.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Because only African-Americans have dark skin colour right?
Nobody has even said anything about Tanya being African-American...

Tanya was never black, she was more-so heavily tanned.
Again... I feel that I am speaking with a mentally handicapped person (please don't be offended, I am just very frustrated here), but I will have patience and try to talk to you... Who said anything about her being "black"? I said she is supposed to be dark-skinned. "Heavily tanned" is certainly not the fairest of all skin colours. You're basically giving a synonymn of "dark skin". In Deception she is most definitely inspired by an Ethiopian and Nubian look. They changed to an Egyptian design (even her hair is very much reminiscent of Cleopatra), which is fine, but I wish her skin colour was darker - there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Now, please, drop the all "she's not African, she's Edenian" because that's seriously stupid considering Edenia doesn't exist in real life. They design human characters based on actual cultures (Kitana is very Persian-ish, Tanya Egyptian and so on). I hope I made my point across...

Really?
White girls are addicted to tanning beds for a reason.

Again... I feel that I am speaking with a mentally handicapped person (please don't be offended, I am just very frustrated here), but I will have patience and try to talk to you... Who said anything about her being "black"? I said she is supposed to be dark-skinned. "Heavily tanned" is certainly not the fairest of all skin colours. You're basically giving a synonymn of "dark skin". In Deception she is most definitely inspired by an Ethiopian and Nubian look. They changed to an Egyptian design (even her hair is very much reminiscent of Cleopatra), which is fine, but I wish her skin colour was darker - there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Now, please, drop the all "she's not African, she's Edenian" because that's seriously stupid considering Edenian doesn't exist in real life. They design human characters based on actual cultures (Kitana is very Persian-ish, Tanya Egyptian and so on). I hope I made my point across...

The only 'mentally handicapped' person here is you, considering you have to resort to insults in an attempt to get your point across. A lot of people on this forum have been saying that she is 'black' and should be represented as such. My comment was aimed towards them, not you.

I lose points, sure, but I still have something you don't.
tumblr_nejhrviDXs1qmj0yno1_500.gif

LMAO Great reply, dude. Too bad the ring is on a white chick's finger and we all know that Tanya's one sexy brown skinned lady...yep, all of us except Ed Boon who's made Tanya turn magically lighter.

LMAO Great reply, dude. Too bad the ring is on a white chick's finger and we all know that Tanya's one sexy brown skinned lady...yep, all of us except Ed Boon who's made Tanya turn magically lighter.

That's the hand of MKX Tanya, who is unimagineably white.
The real story is that of which me and her talked over for a while now.
She was feeling uncomfortable and decided she wanted to bleach her skin.
We were gonna announce it after July but since Ed wanna play too much