Tremor... leaked?

I'm not gonna get hung up on the Japanese thing, since everybody ignores it anyway. To me, a masked Earthrealm east-Asian assassin is a ninja in MK, so that includes Scorpion, Smoke and Sub-Zero.

Scorpion, Smoke or Sub-Zero don't even look like east-Asian characters AT ALL.

Scorpion looks very European to me, his eyes and skull format are definately of Caucasian nature, not Eastern-Asian, let alone Japanese. They can't even spell his clan right!

Sorry to tell you, but when it comes to East Asian culture and Asian character designs overall, MK plain SUCKS at that.

Scorpion looks very European to me, his eyes and skull format are definately of Caucasian nature, not Eastern-Asian, let alone Japanese. They can't even spell his clan right!

Probably because Smoke's from Prague...

I hope one day Scorpion and Sub-Zero are depicted in a coherent way.

Sub-Zero from MK9 was good, Brandon Lee also wasn't the most chinese guy ever, being descendant.

And this Sub-Zero, MKX, when unmasked, looks more asian, the mask disguise it well.

Scorpion unmasked is also asian on MKX, but with mask, looks a white guy, though the eyes are better (not on the renders).

Mk4 Scorpion is still the most japanese Scorpion ever.

[MENTION=18014]theincubuslord[/MENTION] [MENTION=18661]p.W[/MENTION]

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not arguing semantics here. Yes, Lin Kuei are technically not ninja, but they fulfill a similar purpose in the fantasy MK world. 'A masked assassin' has been the definition of a ninja among the fandom and the developers, and I'm just going by that. I don't agree with the term, but it's not going to change anytime soon, so why bother going against the grain?

I hope one day Scorpion and Sub-Zero are depicted in a coherent way.

Sub-Zero from MK9 was good, Brandon Lee also wasn't the most chinese guy ever, being descendant.

And this Sub-Zero, MKX, when unmasked, looks more asian, the mask disguise it well.

Scorpion unmasked is also asian on MKX, but with mask, looks a white guy, though the eyes are better (not on the renders).

Mk4 Scorpion is still the most japanese Scorpion ever.
I am still not happy the way Scorpion is designed. Yes, it's an improvement over past designs, but FAR FROM there yet. Like human female characters, I just have to accept NRS simply can't model Eastern-Asian male faces... I still cringe when I look at X Kung Lao rrrrr

I am still not happy the way Scorpion is designed. Yes, it's an improvement over past designs, but FAR FROM there yet. Like human female characters, I just have to accept NRS simply can't model Eastern-Asian male faces... I still cringe when I look at X Kung Lao rrrrr

Didn't you like MK9's Liu Kang? I liked a lot!

The problem is that they made masked Smoke as Liu Kang :laugh:

Smoke is czech and Sub-Zero is chinese but he is son of an american mother and a cryomancer father (an interdimensional being, basically an alien) so they don't have any reason to look asian.

Scorpion looks asian to me, but the mask doesn't let you see it.

Smoke is czech and Sub-Zero is chinese but he is son of an american mother and a cryomancer father (an interdimensional being, basically an alien) so they don't have any reason to look asian.

Scorpion looks asian to me, but the mask doesn't let you see it.
Yeah, because the mask covers his super obvious Japanese-shaped eyes right? REALLY! Where in the world he looks Asian to you? Look, he looks fine overall, but he could easily pass as European...

Liu Kang was okay in MK9, but they still could have done it better. The face was fine, but his body full of esteroids was ridiculous. They actually were spot on during the 3D era with some characters, Li Mei, for example, was obviously Eastern-Asian looking during Deadly Alliance.

but it's not going to change anytime soon, so why bother going against the grain?

I wouldn't want to be on your side when women fought for their rights and slaves fought for their freedom.
"Everyone suppresses women, why go against the grain?"
"Everyone has slaves, why go against the grain?"

Yes, those are extreme examples, but I am trying to show you that just because that is how most people percieve, it doesn't make it right. I'm not a sheep who just follows the herd, I form my own opinion based on facts. And fact is, wearing a mask does not a ninja make.

I can't change your opinion or views if you aren't open to doing so, and it seems like you aren't, but would rather just follow the stream. That is your choice. However, that is not what I do.

Sorry to tell you, but when it comes to East Asian culture and Asian character designs overall, MK plain SUCKS at that.

Amen. I love MK as much as you all, but I've always been disappointed at their poor excuse of "Asian" characters and elements.

The Sub-Zero brothers are full on Chinese in the new timeline. It shows it in the vignette.

God!

I really hope they can still save MKX for me!

I hope the people are blind and Sonya, Jax, Liu and Johnny are only for the Tower/Alternate skins/inthe special addition/DLC

ANd instead we see: Tanya, Erron Black or Salazar, Reiko, Sektor, Fujin, Tremor, Kai, Kenshi, Havik and Mileena.

One can wish.

Further this Tremor model would be perfect, but I hope he's more about earth-binding and not only about quakes and tremors.

I can see Tremor standing behind Kano as his personal bodyguard with his own secret agenda, being raised by the Lin Kueij because he was a child with strange powers (when he got mad there were quakes and stuff like that) he later was stolen by the Black Dragon to function as their enforcer and bodyguard, but Tremor has its own plans. I hope he's not just a brown ninja, more like a cool Bane (Batman) type of horror like in this picture.

God!

I really hope they can still save MKX for me!

I hope the people are blind and Sonya, Jax, Liu and Johnny are only for the Tower/Alternate skins/inthe special addition/DLC

ANd instead we see: Tanya, Erron Black or Salazar, Reiko, Sektor, Fujin, Tremor, Kai, Kenshi, Havik and Mileena.

One can wish.

Further this Tremor model would be perfect, but I hope he's more about earth-binding and not only about quakes and tremors.

I can see Tremor standing behind Kano as his personal bodyguard with his own secret agenda, being raised by the Lin Kueij because he was a child with strange powers (when he got mad there were quakes and stuff like that) he later was stolen by the Black Dragon to function as their enforcer and bodyguard, but Tremor has its own plans. I hope he's not just a brown ninja, more like a cool Bane (Batman) type of horror like in this picture.

You call Sonya and Jax bland... and then you want Tremor?
I am laughing so hard right now. XD

You call Sonya and Jax bland... and then you want Tremor?
I am laughing so hard right now. XD

Hi, JadedRaven, long time no see.

The things you can do with Tremor, are endless, you probably are stuck with the boring brown ninja, well i'm not. My imagination saved him, you should try too.

The things you can do with Johnny & Sonya, or anyone for that matter are 'endless' if you think about it. I don't see what's so special about yet another palette swap ninja. At the end of the day, your imagination isn't going to save him. Ed Boon & the MK team decide what happens with the characters, not your false hopes & dreams.

The things you can do with Johnny & Sonya, or anyone for that matter are 'endless' if you think about it. I don't see what's so special about yet another palette swap ninja. At the end of the day, your imagination isn't going to save him. Ed Boon & the MK team decide what happens with the characters, not your false hopes & dreams.

The things they can do with a militairy normal human? They tried that in like 10 games already, and they are still bland, boring humans. No thank you.

If you think I want Tremor to be just a brown ninja in the game you didn't read anything at all.

Hi, JadedRaven, long time no see.

Ah, one from MKO. What's your tag there? :p

The things you can do with Tremor, are endless, you probably are stuck with the boring brown ninja, well i'm not. My imagination saved him, you should try too.

See, that's the thing. You don't want Tremor... you want a character YOU have come up with, the one YOU have in YOUR head. All Tremor is is a brown palette-swap ninja who can throw rocks and has Jax's ground pound move. That is who and what Tremor is. Everything you want Tremor to be is not the Tremor who is established in the games he's appeared in. And it is the one in the games I do not care for.

Tremor is a boring brown ninja. What you imagine him to be may not be, but that is besides the point, because that has nothing to do how he really is.

Here are some points cause you express opinions and not facts:
1)Sub-zero is not a ninja, he is a cryomancer
2)Ermac is not a ninja, he is a legion of souls
3)Reptile is not a ninja, he is a reptile (Duhh?)
4)Quan chi is not a ninja, he is a sorcerer
5)Kung lao is a Shaolin Monk
6)Raiden is a thunder God
7)Kano is a Commander/Criminal?
8) Scorpion IS a ninja

So faar there is only one damn ninja in the game and you're crying about it?
Earthbending is much more interesting than a dive kick (IMO)

It is your right to like any character you want to like, and if Johny and Sonya are in the game I'm going to be happy for you. However don't introduce your opinions as facts and don't blame other people for liking other things.

See, that's the thing. You don't want Tremor... you want a character YOU have come up with, the one YOU have in YOUR head. All Tremor is is a brown palette-swap ninja who can throw rocks and has Jax's ground pound move. That is who and what Tremor is. Everything you want Tremor to be is not the Tremor who is established in the games he's appeared in. And it is the one in the games I do not care for.

Tremor is a boring brown ninja. What you imagine him to be may not be, but that is besides the point, because that has nothing to do how he really is.

Completely agree.

Also, I don't get this person's obsession with Sonya. If you don't like her so much, why do you insist on mentioning her in every single comment on every thread and going as far as mentioning her in your username? Bit sad, really.

Also, claiming that Johnny & Sonya are boring and then going on to talk about how much you want Kai, Sektor & Tremor is a bit contradictory. Wouldn't really classify those characters as unique or interesting in the slightest.

You are half true, BUT for me Tremor's Black Dragon backstory is one to keep, I kinda like his name, as it makes sense with all the Smoke, Scorpion and other such names.

If they can change Mileena's design in every game why can't they fix up Tremor's design in MK? He doesn't even need to be Ninja clone BECAUSE just look at Ermac. this is Tremor's starting game, the idea is in the design can change.

I love earthbenders, always have, another character would be fine too, but I'd rather have Tremor as he's (with Kano, Kabal and Kira) the only interesting Black Dragon I can think about.