Shin Megami Tensei

Spoiler:
I just sided with Chaiki and killed the Manikin leader.
Should I have done that?

When the guy screamed out for me help him. Man. Made me feel like I made the wrong choice.

It's what I really like about this game. Right and Wrong choices aren't as black and white as in other games. Every faction has something wrong about them.

Have to re-fuse my monsters just to fight the final boss is ultra mega lame.
That Pierce Grimhekala took a huge chunk out of my wallet. I only have 500,000 Macca left. Which isn't a lot when you have to pull an assload of monsters out of the compendium to get Pierce on everyone :mad:

Nevermind, Lucy was too easy :laugh:

Last edited:
I thought the Tower of Kagasutchi was pretty anti climatic.
The bosses didn't have much to say after you beat them, which I found disappointing.

I bought the Raidou games last night. Playing the first one right now.

Yeah they really don't have much to say lol.

Tell me how you like the Raidou games. I have yet to play them despite having the second one on disc.

I only played about 30 minutes before somebody challenged me to Tekken. But going off of the intro scene it's a lot more lighthearted than most SMT games. Despite having an abnormal amount of blood, it seems to be pretty comical.

You probably already know, but the combat is in real time as opposed to being turn based. And it is super clunky. I don't know if you get additional sword skills later on, but you move extremely slow, your attacks have huge recovery and nothing you do can be cancelled with a different command or animation.

It's also a little hard to keep track of your demon when the enemy count on screen gets high.

I need to play more.

As far as I know, Raidou doesn't learn any moves of his own, although he can use combination skills with certain demons. It seems that Atlus isn't accustomed to action-oriented games, and it shows in the lack of polish. After playing Rogue Galaxy (which has similar in its random encounters combined with real-time combat), it's hard to recommend Raidou Kuzunoha unless you like the game's atmosphere. I haven't played the sequel, Radiou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon yet, but I heard it's much better.

Last edited:
Yeah, considering the extra goodies thrown in with first prints, physical is the the way to go for me, especially when digital copies are the same price.

Anyways, I like the look of the PQ-themed 3DS XL, but I don't really need it at this point. My regular 3DS is still in good shape, and there are other big game-related purchases that I'm considering.

I bought a used 3DS XL at Gamestop last month and since they have the 30 day return I just took it back up there and since a friend of mine was working it took it without any questions lol. So I just put the money that was on that 3DS and just pre ordered the PQ 3DS and since it releases the same day as the game I'm happy.

I'm excited for Persona 5. A bit disappointed with MC's design. In an RPG without customizable appearances I prefer the character to look as generic as possible to help with immersion. The glasses slightly ruin that for me, but I'll live.

Unpopular opinion, but I really liked P3's teammate system. Where I could influence their actions with support commands, but I couldn't fully control them. While it does make battles a bit more challenging, sometimes even frustrating, I feel like it gives them unique personalities. They feel more like partners and less like tools. I have to actually rely on them like they rely on me.

I also hope that the MC isn't a "ladies man" like Yu was. The fact that everybody wanted him from the get go made the female social links feel cheap imo.

All in all, can't wait to see more about the game. Seeing Abbaddon in current gen graphics is going to be too sick.

Oh, I've been replaying P3. That's where all this came from lol

I'm excited for Persona 5. A bit disappointed with MC's design. In an RPG without customizable appearances I prefer the character to look as generic as possible to help with immersion. The glasses slightly ruin that for me, but I'll live.

The glasses are the only complaint I have with the new MC. If they get rid of those, then he'll be completely fine by me.

Unpopular opinion, but I really liked P3's teammate system. Where I could influence their actions with support commands, but I couldn't fully control them. While it does make battles a bit more challenging, sometimes even frustrating, I feel like it gives them unique personalities. They feel more like partners and less like tools. I have to actually rely on them like they rely on me.

I'm in the same boat. I love P3's battle system just because like you said, they're more like team mates than they are tools like in P4.

I also hope that the MC isn't a "ladies man" like Yu was. The fact that everybody wanted him from the get go made the female social links feel cheap imo.

That's one thing that's always irked me about P4 after playing P3 for the first time. The girls were dropping panties for Yu right from the beginning. You could pretty much get any girl without having to level up any stats. You needed stats to say something funny (like asking for Yukiko's phone number) but not to just talk to someone like you had to do in P3 (maxed out charm for Yukari, maxed out intelligence for Titsuru and courage for Fuuka). I also think getting a girl in P4 is all around easier because I don't feel like there was any bad dialog options when doing someones social link except for Ai Ebihara (she's a bich anyways so it doesn't matter).

For Chie, you pretty much just had to let her do her thing when it came to the bullies and that was it.
For Yukari, if you went after her when she got caught up with those thugs when she was looking for her wallet, she would pretty much call you a fvcking asshole and tell you to fvck off.

P3 had the better girls though.

I disagree mainly because of how much the cast of P4 relied on Yu and respected him as a leader, it actually makes sense for him to direct commands to all of them. Also will never miss the AI completely fvcking up like Aigis downing 5/6 shadows, so I'm ready to perform an all-out attack and she attacks one of the downed shadows a second time, resulting in her turn ending. Yeah, F that noise, lol.

Anyway, I saw Persona 4 Golden Animation's OVA yesterday, representing the Accomplice ending (bad ending). It was pretty damn well done, and really gave off the foreboding feel that the game did. Overall the Persona 4 Golden animation is pretty great, watched it entirely with my friend who I showed the original animation, we both loved it.

I have to agree from a story standpoint that it makes sense. Since everybody started fighting at the same time whereas in P3 you were fighting with veterans by your side.

I watched a small scene of the P4A and hated it. I was pretty whack how everybody stood on the sidelines and watched their personas fight instead of fighting with them like in the game.

Has anybody played Persona Q yet? While I got my copy on the day of release, I didn't have much time games since moving.

About the AI-controlled allies... I didn't like it. They limit the game's already small tactical options and they tend to screw up too much. Seriously, Mitsuru, stop spamming Marin Karin! They would be tolerable in a real time game because your character can pull most of the weight.

I disagree mainly because of how much the cast of P4 relied on Yu and respected him as a leader, it actually makes sense for him to direct commands to all of them. Also will never miss the AI completely fvcking up like Aigis downing 5/6 shadows, so I'm ready to perform an all-out attack and she attacks one of the downed shadows a second time, resulting in her turn ending. Yeah, F that noise, lol.

Anyway, I saw Persona 4 Golden Animation's OVA yesterday, representing the Accomplice ending (bad ending). It was pretty damn well done, and really gave off the foreboding feel that the game did. Overall the Persona 4 Golden animation is pretty great, watched it entirely with my friend who I showed the original animation, we both loved it.

Mitsuru and Ken were the worst for me in P3 and that's why I don't use them lol. Aigis never really messed up for me though that I can remember. The only person in my main party that constantly fvcks up is Yukari, so that's why for the most part, I set her to healing, but even then she does dumb shit like wind breaker.

I have yet to watch any of the P4G anime yet besides the first 2 episodes. I'll probably just wait till they're out in English. I'm still waiting on that first P3 movie to be in English too.

I watched a small scene of the P4A and hated it. I was pretty whack how everybody stood on the sidelines and watched their personas fight instead of fighting with them like in the game.

I liked the P4Anime but the quality was a massive buzz kill for me.

Has anybody played Persona Q yet? While I got my copy on the day of release, I didn't have much time games since moving.
I've been playing it on the PQ themed 3DS.
I'm about 20 hours into PQ and I'm loving it. It's cute, it's funny and actually pretty difficult. I didn't expect anything less though since it's a mix between Persona and Etrian Odyssey.

Battles are hard just because SP drains fast and it doesn't have a set pattern in battles. It could be P3MC, Akihiko, enemy, Aigis, enemy, enemy, enemy, Chie, Yosuke and then next turn it'd be enemy, Aikhiko, Aigis, enemy, Chie, enemy, P3MC and Yosuke.
The soundtrack is great per usual. They have some regular P3 and P4 songs thrown in there as well from time to time.
When you're not doing the labyrinth you can sell stuff to Theo and he can make and then sell you armor and weapons with the stuff.
You can also take a 'stroll' and you can watch and do interactions with mix of the cast. It's a great fan service game, as in they did a great job depicting how you think the characters would react to one another and not in a fighting setting lol.

Elizabeth does the fusions and healing until you meet the other cast and then Margaret takes over the fusions and Elizabeth stays with the healing. This is what sucks though. Elizabeth is a gold digger for real. Every time you ask her for healing she raises her price 100 yen. Literally every time. First time is like 200 yen and then next it's 300, then 400...500...600...700...800... and it doesn't stop.

I was hoping that I could easily max out all social links since I'm doing a NG+ playthrough.
I still managed to screw up somehow.