MKX Final Box Art Revealed

No way is this final, remember we had this Box Art for MK9 during early stages of development.

images.jpeg

That being said, if I'm wrong and it does end up being the final box art, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. It seems with the move to WB, they've been trying to associate the series with a mascot more and more compared to the Midway days, and Scorpion is MK's Pikachu.

Dumb and lazy cover. MK9 had a pretty decent box cover. I have a poster of it on my wall. I just hope that whatever is in the collector's edition isn't basing on Sub-Zero. That's why I didn't get the book ends.

Id rather they make one with something more general like the logo for example, as opposed to one or two specific characters because this makes it seem like Scorpion is the main character

final box art so early ? ed must be trollling again

I've talked with the people in charge of marketing, and yes this is the final box art. I actually like it quite a bit. I'd assume there'll be special edition different covers when those are announced likely early next year.

As a Scorpion fan I love this. don't change a thing. As some have said it feels more gritty. I love the render. At the same time I don't like how this makes him the mascot which kind of makes people like him more and more, default to him (like deciding which basketball tema to start liking. Miami Heat - LeBron James. Kind of something like that) it will make everyone want to study his moves. But I doubt with that on MK9, it's just how you put combos+specials together with the right timing.

I don't know why but I think it would be awesome if this was the final box art, and they had a sick similar render but Subzy, nice glowing ice ball charging in his hand, same black background. That would be sick. Either way it seems i'm the only guy on here that likes the box art.

I will admit I see Scorpion is the mascot(guest appearances, DLC character, cameos, on MKvsDC cover and MK9 cover, etc.) but I've always fav'd him since MK1.

Isn't it too early to show the final box art? We didn't see MK9's until 2 months before the game was released.

I've talked with the people in charge of marketing, and yes this is the final box art. I actually like it quite a bit. I'd assume there'll be special edition different covers when those are announced likely early next year.

I hope there is.
At the very least, hopefully it's a reversible cover.
I would have preferred to just have the new MK dragon logo, rather than just Scorpion on it.
I know that he's the NRS mascot, but I'm getting sick and tired of Scorpion being on everything.

Isn't it too early to show the final box art? We didn't see MK9's until 2 months before the game was released.

But in this case they are saying it's the final box art. Unlike MK9 they said the box art was temporary. Maybe they learned their lesson and released the final art right away to make it easier marketing wise?

It would be sick if it had a reversible cover with Sub-Zero

That'd be awesome actually.

^Wow, colour me surprised that they made the decision this early.

Let's hope the back has Sub-Zero, or as BBBLP suggested, the reverse has Sub-Zero.

I hope there is.
At the very least, hopefully it's a reversible cover.
I would have preferred to just have the new MK dragon logo, rather than just Scorpion on it.
I know that he's the NRS mascot, but I'm getting sick and tired of Scorpion being on everything.

Well, it's not meant for you. You're a hardcore fan, someone who is going to buy Mortal Kombat regardless of whether it has Winnie the Pooh on the box or if it's a blank cover with the words "Mortal Kombat" written on it in silver Sharpie.

This is for the guy who played that one time back in the 90s on the SNES, or the kid who grew out of the series and last played MK4 at the bowling alley. Something instantly recognizable that requires minimal thought to determine what you're getting yourself into.

We see a dead horse being beaten with more Scorpion-championing, they go "aw man, I love Scorpion, he's so cool...I need to buy this game!"

Also in this "not meant for hardcore fans" category: CGI sizzle trailers like the one every fan forum was overanalyzing not but a short while ago.

Scorpion is the superstar of MK whether we like it or not. And don't blame this on Ed Boon; we the fans are culpable in this as well (how else to explain the backlash over Scorpion not being in Original MK3?).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Now why dont they change the name of the game and NRS to Scorpion! and Scorpion Studios and change the dragon logo to Scorpion logo as well.

Immensely dissapointed

Also in this "not meant for hardcore fans" category: CGI sizzle trailers like the one every fan forum was overanalyzing not but a short while ago.

Overanalyzing would imply that there was nothing there in terms of content. Fans correctly pulled dark tone, using interactables as weapons, maneuvering using the environment, x-rays returning and running returning from that trailer. Also the forest was a real stage. That's a lot of details.

Last edited:
Now why dont they change the name of the game and NRS to Scorpion! and Scorpion Studios and change the dragon logo to Scorpion logo as well.

Immensely dissapointed

This!
Some new characters should be on the cover, why it has to be Scorpion all the time? Plus now he is alone... no thanks.

I will get digital PC version anyway so i don't really care, but for a MK game, this looks basic and bad.