MK9 Characters You Wish Will and Will Not Return In MK10?

Sub-Zero is by far the most popular MK character. I mean people who have hardly ever played an MK game know this name. Scorpion isn't that far behind though. Liu Kang and Noob are very popular as well, and so are Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn. These are the characters MK is built upon and you can't throw them out and still says its MK. It simply ceases to be MK. What Boon and Co. said (that MK would go through a complete roster overhaul for the next MK game) when MKA was getting released back in '06 was never realistic for this reason. I'm glad they realized that in time to make MK9 the game it is.

As for MK10, of course most of the classics will have to return, say about 15 of them. They could bring back 6-7 characters from MK4/MKDA/MKD and top it off with 2-3 new characters. Around 25 characters seem good enough. Too many usually means all characters sacrificing depth.

I am more worried about the gameplay. The current system seems so great I'm a bit scared of what changes the next game would bring. I have never felt this for another MK game in the past.

To be honest MK doesn't need another game right now. MK9 still feels quite fresh. I wouldn't bring out MK10 before 2016 if I were Boon.

I just wanna see my Sub zero(don't care if human or cyborg, he's still Sub zero), Kitana and Stryker back. Having those 3 out would ruin the MK10 story for me.
I don't wanna see Kano or Noob, because they are huge spammers and Noob pretty much died in MK9.
And I don't think its gonna happen but i would like to see Kitana and Mileena team up and rule together as sisters.

Noob pretty much died in MK9.
And I don't think its gonna happen but i would like to see Kitana and Mileena team up and rule together as sisters.

Noob Saibot being dead is not known for sure.
All that's known is that we went into the Soulnado and disappeared.
Whether he's dead or alive is anyone's guess, much like Schrodinger's cat.

Kitana, on the other hand, died in MK9.

Kitana, on the other hand, died in MK9.

I know she died and thats one of the main reasons i hated MK9 storyline. I really hope they bring her back from the dead along with sub zero and stryker in the new one.

Mileena is a filthy, disgusting, venereal disease-ridden, cannibalistic gutter slut!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Maybe. But i believe she still has feelings. Just look at how sad she was when scorpy refuzed her teddy. Poor Milly

Maybe. But i believe she still has feelings. Just look at how sad she was when scorpy refuzed her teddy. Poor Milly

You know what happened to sluts in the old days? They were stoned to death in public! That's exactly what Mileena deserves!

You know what happened to sluts in the old days? They were stoned to death in public! That's exactly what Mileena deserves!

Well you are right about the slut part. Actually all mk9 females exept Kitana, Sindel, and Sheeva look like hookers to me.

Cyber Sub-Zero, because I didn't like his design or his moves or his character. Just a complete waste of space.

No offense to the people that like him but I just don't.

i'm really confused about what they're going to do with the next MK. i'm ok with characters dying, doesn't bother me that nightwolf is dead, doesn't bother me that styker is dead, doesn't bother me that kabal is dead...and i like kabal, but it just doesn't bother me. it seems more strange that liu kang, kung lao, kitana, and sub zero are dead.....who is possibly going to replace them? IMO all the "new" chacters introduced with mk4 and onward sucked....i could see fujin being made cool, but that's about it. reiko was just a ninja who looked more like robin, jarek was a boring attempt to replacing kano, etc.

i don't believe they'll actually make a new mk without sub zero, people reference mk3 having no scorpion but i mean...they realized that was a huge mistake soon enough didn't they? scorpion was back almost right away, i'm guess sub zeros brother will stay dead and somehow the soulnado destroyed the evil part of noob and he becomes bi han again or something coming back as the original sub zero. i don't know but i highly doubt they'll keep SZ dead.

Cyber Sub-Zero, because I didn't like his design or his moves or his character. Just a complete waste of space.

The MAIN complaint I have about Cyber Sub-Zero in MK9 is "Why the hell didn't they just make him an alternate costume for Human Sub-Zero, the same way that they made Human Cyrax and Sektor alternates for the cyborg version???"

It feels like they just seperated all of Sub-Zero's previous moves and said "Half of the moves will be for the Cyber version, and the other half will be for the Human version."

ALL of Cyber Sub-Zero and Sub-Zero's moves could have been merged into 1 awesome quicker-paced character, and adapted for both, with different animations for human and cyber.

I can sit here for quite some time and create my dream list of characters for MKX, but the truth is Kitana will decide if I buy this game or not. I have no interest without her in it. She's been left out of main games several times, only to be included in an upgraded version (UMK3, MKG, MKD: Unchained) at a later date. So there must be a demand for her, yet she gets shafted often. My hopes aren't high for her being in this one (although with that women who played her in MK9 being asked back, I'm sure she's visible in story mode, but I can watch that online for free). I agree new characters need to be introduced to breath fresh air into the series, but myself being a fan from MK2, I'm now 33. I don't have the free time for video games I once did and when I do, I don't have an interest in new people. I wanna see what's happening with my old favorites. I think it's a mistake to kill off characters that were so well made. Let's face it, while there were some standouts from MK4 - MKD, most of them sucked.

I can sit here for quite some time and create my dream list of characters for MKX, but the truth is Kitana will decide if I buy this game or not. I have no interest without her in it. She's been left out of main games several times, only to be included in an upgraded version (UMK3, MKG, MKD: Unchained) at a later date. So there must be a demand for her, yet she gets shafted often. My hopes aren't high for her being in this one (although with that women who played her in MK9 being asked back, I'm sure she's visible in story mode, but I can watch that online for free). I agree new characters need to be introduced to breath fresh air into the series, but myself being a fan from MK2, I'm now 33. I don't have the free time for video games I once did and when I do, I don't have an interest in new people. I wanna see what's happening with my old favorites. I think it's a mistake to kill off characters that were so well made. Let's face it, while there were some standouts from MK4 - MKD, most of them sucked.

I think her return was leaked via IMDB...I'm not 100% positive on that, though...

I do hope Ermac, Rain, Smoke, Noob Saibot & Jade are not returning - tired of too much ninjas. Everyone else is welcome.