If Mortal Kombat continued after armageddon...

Subz 711

Who would you have had survive?

When would you have continued the story? Immediately after Armageddon, or some time down the line?

I would have been very picky about choosing who lived. It probably would have been under ten characters.

I would continue the story roughly 30 to 40 years after Armageddon. Raiden would have been the one to defeat blaze. After doing so the power of blaze would have rushed over the realms killing the raiden we know, but having him reborn as a baby at the top of the pyramid of Argus.

Scorpion would have survived, and after quan's death in Armageddon Scorpions family is finally revived and given peace by the gods. However, Scorpion cannot be with them as he is a product of the netherrealm now.

Sub-Zero takes in some of the energy of blaze, ala his Armageddon ending, and becomes a god. He becomes the new Raiden basically recruiting a new defense for Earthrealm.

Noob Saibot survives and becomes the ruler of the netherrealm after Shinnok dies his final death.

Kitana survives, outworld and edenia are split during Armageddon and Kitana begins to revive the once flourishing realm.

Cyrax is shortcircuited, but Sub-Zero having learned his schematics repairs him.

As a result of a smaller number of people through the realms Reptile and Khameleon finally meet. The birth a child, and Khameleon eats reptile. Leaving their child to become the new reptile.

Shang Tsung survives after enslaving Ermac and draining him of lifeforce. Therefore both Shang and Ermac survive.

Raiden becomes the new Liu Kang not knowing of his past, but recruited by Sub-Zero to compete in the Mortal Kombat tournament.

So Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Kitana, Cyrax, Reptile, Shang Tsung, and Ermac. I may have Mileena survive too as the queen of Outworld opposite Kitanas rule of Edenia.

Make your own theories guys!

When would you have continued the story? Immediately after Armageddon, or some time down the line?

I would have been very picky about choosing who lived. It probably would have been under ten characters.

I would continue the story roughly 30 to 40 years after Armageddon. Raiden would have been the one to defeat blaze. After doing so the power of blaze would have rushed over the realms killing the raiden we know, but having him reborn as a baby at the top of the pyramid of Argus.

Scorpion would have survived, and after quan's death in Armageddon Scorpions family is finally revived and given peace by the gods. However, Scorpion cannot be with them as he is a product of the netherrealm now.

Sub-Zero takes in some of the energy of blaze, ala his Armageddon ending, and becomes a god. He becomes the new Raiden basically recruiting a new defense for Earthrealm.

Noob Saibot survives and becomes the ruler of the netherrealm after Shinnok dies his final death.

Kitana survives, outworld and edenia are split during Armageddon and Kitana begins to revive the once flourishing realm.

Cyrax is shortcircuited, but Sub-Zero having learned his schematics repairs him.

As a result of a smaller number of people through the realms Reptile and Khameleon finally meet. The birth a child, and Khameleon eats reptile. Leaving their child to become the new reptile.

Shang Tsung survives after enslaving Ermac and draining him of lifeforce. Therefore both Shang and Ermac survive.

Raiden becomes the new Liu Kang not knowing of his past, but recruited by Sub-Zero to compete in the Mortal Kombat tournament.

So Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Kitana, Cyrax, Reptile, Shang Tsung, and Ermac. I may have Mileena survive too as the queen of Outworld opposite Kitanas rule of Edenia.

Make your own theories guys!

yea, you would make Sub Zero a god... <_<

Subz needs to be as he has always been; an ice ninja and leader of Lin Kuei. Id see Liu Kang to a god(a good one) before Sub Zero. At least Kang has defeated Kahn twice, and shinnok(a god himself).

Anyhoo,

No, not all of that I would see happen...
Ill give my 2 cents later though...

yea, you would make Sub Zero a god... <_<

Subz needs to be as he has always been; an ice ninja and leader of Lin Kuei. Id see Liu Kang to a god(a good one) before Sub Zero. At least Kang has defeated Kahn twice, and shinnok(a god himself).

Anyhoo,

No, not all of that I would see happen...
Ill give my 2 cents later though...

I have had this discussion with someone else before. They argued it was out of character, but I dont think so. I mean he's a natural leader. That's already proven by him taking over a clan of assassins and using them for good. Taking on a role similar to Raiden seems like a natural enough progression to me.

I had an alternate story though. Kuai Liang survives Armageddon, but after the events abandons fighting and marries a woman with whom he births 3 sons.

The eldest son becomes poised to take over being Sub-Zero, but is murdered by the middle brother out of jealousy. Once Kuai Liang learns of the middle sons treachery he disowns him. Thus, the youngest son takes on the mantle of Sub-Zero and sets out to avenge his oldest brothers death and carry on the legacy of Sub-Zero as his father did.

I have had this discussion with someone else before. They argued it was out of character, but I dont think so. I mean he's a natural leader. That's already proven by him taking over a clan of assassins and using them for good. Taking on a role similar to Raiden seems like a natural enough progression to me.

I had an alternate story though. Kuai Liang survives Armageddon, but after the events abandons fighting and marries a woman with whom he births 3 sons.

The eldest son becomes poised to take over being Sub-Zero, but is murdered by the middle brother out of jealousy. Once Kuai Liang learns of the middle sons treachery he disowns him. Thus, the youngest son takes on the mantle of Sub-Zero and sets out to avenge his oldest brothers death and carry on the legacy of Sub-Zero as his father did.

I dont question him as a leader...
I question what makes you think he should be granted godhood vs others(Cage, Blade, Kang, Kitana, etc)? I think thats the fanboy in you talking...

Personally, I see Sub Zero as a "batman" char. Someone who isnt exactly the leader but would take the roll when someone in leadership position is out(Raiden, Liu Kang). Also the guy who comes when he is needed...and outta nowhere.

I dont question him as a leader...
I question what makes you think he should be granted godhood vs others(Cage, Blade, Kang, Kitana, etc)? I think thats the fanboy in you talking...

Personally, I see Sub Zero as a "batman" char. Someone who isnt exactly the leader but would take the roll when someone in leadership position is out(Raiden, Liu Kang). Also the guy who comes when he is needed...and outta nowhere.

Nah, I mean I am a fanboy admittedly, but the main reason I made him a god was because he became a god in his Armageddon ending. I tried using some of the endings as motivation. Like scorpion is reunited with his family in his Armageddon ending so I had his family reborn, though not with him.

That's the only reason I made him a god, the combined power of the dragon medallion, his cryo armor, and the power from blaze turned him into a god. You can look it up though.

I actually dont think any of those people you listed besides Liu Kang is remotely godlike though. Certainly not Cage or Sonya.

I do agree that he is more of a batman character, which is kind of why I like my second theory better. Him retiring and having his child take the mantle sounds good too.

If I were to be honest myself, ALMOST NO ONE would have survived, hence "Armageddon."
99% of the roster would have died if I did it, and I don't think that many people would have wanted an MK game with only 2 familiar faces in it.

No. I wouldn't have continued the story much further.
Rebooting MK, IMO, is the best thing that NRS could have done, because now that Armageddon has been temporarily stopped, NRS has more creative head room in story writing.

I'm glad it didn't continue after MKA Taven and Daegon were horrible I hope we never see them again. by the point MKA came out they were running short on ideas.

Nah, I mean I am a fanboy admittedly, but the main reason I made him a god was because he became a god in his Armageddon ending. I tried using some of the endings as motivation. Like scorpion is reunited with his family in his Armageddon ending so I had his family reborn, though not with him.

That's the only reason I made him a god, the combined power of the dragon medallion, his cryo armor, and the power from blaze turned him into a god. You can look it up though.
I believe in Armageddon, almost Everyone became a god in their endings. What they they did with the power being the only difference. Godhood or godlike power was the perk for defeating blaze.

I actually dont think any of those people you listed besides Liu Kang is remotely godlike though. Certainly not Cage or Sonya.
Ill give you that one about cage and sonya, but it was mainly for me to say why is sub zero more deserving of godhood than other earthrealm fighters who all seemingly put in equal weight, but okay.

yea but will they fix it... or just stack more shit upon shit till it fills the mouth...?

Don't know.
So far it looks like MK10 is headed into MK4 territory, according to the MK9 ending, but we'll have to wait and see.
We'll have to wait until MK10 for that answer.

If I were to be honest myself, ALMOST NO ONE would have survived, hence "Armageddon."
99% of the roster would have died if I did it, and I don't think that many people would have wanted an MK game with only 2 familiar faces in it.

No. I wouldn't have continued the story much further.
Rebooting MK, IMO, is the best thing that NRS could have done, because now that Armageddon has been temporarily stopped, NRS has more creative head room in story writing.

See I disagree. Ed Boon I believe stated in an interview that most would be slaughtered, but not everyone would die. So we knew their would be survivors.
It would place a post apocalyptic feel on the game, but it would have gave them MASSIVE room creatively. Every crappy character they had invented, most of the past bosses dead (Shao Kahn, Onaga, Blaze). It would have left them room for a breath of fresh air.

Hell you could have even continued 1000, 2000 years down the road. Have a new Sub-Zero. Scorpion could still be alive, he could have just been im the neatherrealm, and Raiden could still be alive. Then just create all new characters surrounding them. A whole new plot. New everything.

@ Gouki

I looked up the endings and not all of the characters became gods. In fact only a few did Rain, Shuninko, and Sektor combined with Smoke and Cyrax to become some sort of god. However, not everyone did. Sub-Zero became an Ice God. Meaning hes an elemental god. I do see what you're saying though. He is the equivalent of batman. Hell I consider the Lin Kuei his league of shadows. Sektor is sort of his Raas Al Ghul.

I get what you're saying, but I still see the whole attaining Godlike abilities as in the realm of possibility for him.

None of you have posted any characters you would have survive, nor what timeline the game would have.

Raiden defeats all challengers Becoming all powerful. Becuase of the folly of the Eldergods his first act as the most powerful being in the universe is to destroy them all. Upon completing this task he destroys all realms that could pose a threat to Earthrealm. On earth he creates a utopia where all disobedience is punished with immediate immolation. Earthrealm will never be threatened again. Mortal Kombat is done away with. All hail the "One God" Raiden!!!

IMO
Good side survivors off the top of my head -Sonya, Kit, Kenshi, Kang(somehow brought back to life), Subz, Scorp, Lao(maybe), Jax(because he's black, yea that why) and maybe Jade, Taven.

Bad side off the top- One of the sorcerers, Tanya, Sektor, and a few other minons. Id have mainly all the big bosses die(give way for next gen NEW big boss). (mainly all who survive from the darkside probably did due to them fleeing the scene or escaping.)

We have the survivors start new lives and years later, start MK the next Gen...
Im all for new faces in MK and a new gen of MK but some of the classics should be present as: mentors/teachers, perhaps parents of__, etc

Here is a roster...

Heroes:
Raiden
Kitana (Queen of Edenia)
Jade
Scorpion
Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang)
Taven
Khameleon
Argus
Delia
Nitara
Sareena
Johnny Cage
Kai

Villains:
Daegon
Kira
Kobra
Shao Kahn
Onaga
Reptile
Noob Saibot
Quan Chi
Havik
Ashrah
Rain
Tanya
Reiko

Plus new characters.

Last edited:
See I disagree. Ed Boon I believe stated in an interview that most would be slaughtered, but not everyone would die. So we knew their would be survivors.
It would place a post apocalyptic feel on the game, but it would have gave them MASSIVE room creatively. Every crappy character they had invented, most of the past bosses dead (Shao Kahn, Onaga, Blaze). It would have left them room for a breath of fresh air.

Hell you could have even continued 1000, 2000 years down the road. Have a new Sub-Zero. Scorpion could still be alive, he could have just been im the neatherrealm, and Raiden could still be alive. Then just create all new characters surrounding them. A whole new plot. New everything.

Creative head room doesn't have to = most characters being dead, which is my point.
Killing off most of the roster doesn't need to be done, to get more creativity going.

They just need to trim the fat and get rid of the bad characters like Sheeva, Sindel, Chameleon, Khameleon, etc, etc, etc, etc, and make it a tighter, better-developed group of characters.
NRS could do a good 42 character roster, given the time and proper development dedication to each character, as was shown in MK9.
The only character that needed a little bit more of development time was maybe CSZ, and even he felt like a pretty sturdy character, in all honesty.

Scorpion, is like a c0ckroach, surviving a nuclear blast. :laugh:
Even if all the characters died in Armageddon, you could pretty much wager any amount of money that Scorpion would have somehow disappeared to the NetherRealm or found a loop-hole, and would have been one of the surviving characters.
Boon has a boner for Scorpion and Kenshi (although more for Scorpion), and Scorpion will never go away.

Creative head room doesn't have to = most characters being dead, which is my point.
Killing off most of the roster doesn't need to be done, to get more creativity going.

They just need to trim the fat and get rid of the bad characters like Sheeva, Sindel, Chameleon, Khameleon, etc, etc, etc, etc, and make it a tighter, better-developed group of characters.
NRS could do a good 42 character roster, given the time and proper development dedication to each character, as was shown in MK9.
The only character that needed a little bit more of development time was maybe CSZ, and even he felt like a pretty sturdy character, in all honesty.

Scorpion, is like a c0ckroach, surviving a nuclear blast. :laugh:
Even if all the characters died in Armageddon, you could pretty much wager any amount of money that Scorpion would have somehow disappeared to the NetherRealm or found a loop-hole, and would have been one of the surviving characters.
Boon has a boner for Scorpion and Kenshi (although more for Scorpion), and Scorpion will never go away.

I agree. While I think Scorpion is a mascot and should be in every game, he should by no means be marketed as he is now aka shoved down our throats.

Nobody asked for him in injustice, nobody. Yet, he was there. If the next game turns out to be JUST a scorpion game, which at this point I wouldn't doubt it, then I ain't buying. Now Fire and Ice sign me up.

On another note, while I agree that killing all of the characters isn't necessary, it could have helped too.

Mk's roster is very bloated. That would have forced them to say look all of these characters, even some of the good ones, are dead. They would have to be super creative to make good new characters. In fact they would have to make all new Earthrealm forces because Kang, Sonya, Johnny, and Jax would be dead. I think it could have worked honestly.

Some of you guys rosters are huge for surviving the apocalypse.lol. I wonder if you could get them to 10 characters?

Mk's roster is very bloated. That would have forced them to say look all of these characters, even some of the good ones, are dead. They would have to be super creative to make good new characters. In fact they would have to make all new Earthrealm forces because Kang, Sonya, Johnny, and Jax would be dead. I think it could have worked honestly.

The MK: Deadly Alliance thru Armageddon era rosters felt bloated because NRS (or Midway, at the time) created characters that were, in all honesty, the least substantive characters and least interesting characters of probably the ENTIRE MK era, to this day.

Seriously.
Bandwagon love or bandwagon hate set aside, "How many people genuinely care for characters like Dairou, Darrius, Kobra, Kira and some of these lesser know characters?"
Aside from Quan Chi, Fujin, Tanya, Reiko, Kenshi, Nitara, Li Mei, Ashrah, Havik, and Shujinko, could you honestly sit there and say that the rest of the MK 4 thru Armageddon unmentioned characters were worth a damn, back in the day???

That's 10 post-MK3 characters that I listed that were actually worth a damn (give or take maaaaaaaaaybe 2 or 3 more characters that I might have missed) back in the day, and were actually very well developed.

The MK: Deadly Alliance thru Armageddon era rosters felt bloated because NRS (or Midway, at the time) created characters that were, in all honesty, the least substantive characters and least interesting characters of probably the ENTIRE MK era, to this day.

Seriously.
Bandwagon love or bandwagon hate set aside, "How many people genuinely care for characters like Dairou, Darrius, Kobra, Kira and some of these lesser know characters?"
Aside from Quan Chi, Fujin, Tanya, Reiko, Kenshi, Nitara, Li Mei, Ashrah, Havik, and Shujinko, could you honestly sit there and say that the rest of the MK 4 thru Armageddon unmentioned characters were worth a damn, back in the day???

That's 10 post-MK3 characters that I listed that were actually worth a damn (give or take maaaaaaaaaybe 2 or 3 more characters that I might have missed) back in the day, and were actually very well developed.

I think some of the Post Mk3 characters could have been really cool...with better stories.

I still love Mavado, and still think he has potential to be a good character, but keep him away from red or black dragon clans. When I first saw Mavado I thought Damn what a cool character design. He looked sort of like the anti Liu Kang to me. Keep in mind this is first impression based off of appearance. Then I read his story and was bored. Complete waste of a character IMO.

My list of who deserves a revamp though

Mk4: Fujin, Tanya, Reiko, Kai, Sareena
MkDA: Li Mei, Mavado, Bo Rai Cho, Nitara, Frost
MkD: Ashrah, Hotaru, Havik

That's it. Oh and I think they should revamp Drahmin as a Sub-boss and have Drahmin and Moloch be the Goro and Kintaro of Mk10.