Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

LOL CARZ,

Your voice is often the "loudest" in these discussions. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but we can reveal more when the time is right. I don't think now is the right time.

That is because of language barrier and also because I really admire what each one of you is doing here.

*I feel passionated about MK1HD, yet I try not to sound too demanding*

(For example: I'm still suffering about the Reptile stuff but haven't said anything else).

Alright, worked on the shirt and pants a bit. Still need to figure out how to properly transfer detail from zbrush to maya though. Right now, on the maya model no normal or displacement maps are loaded on the fabric, but when they were it looked pretty bad

47.jpg

I'll consider the ninja as a first pass, a dummy character to figure things out. If the models can be made better with a more consistent quality across the board, I'll go back and re do some stuff.

In fact, going back can be a final pass. Once we get the animations done and run in to all the problems, at the end, we can make some adjustments and render the needed sprites again.

Last edited:
Alright, worked on the shirt and pants a bit. Still need to figure out how to properly transfer detail from zbrush to maya though. Right now, on the maya model no normal or displacement maps are loaded on the fabric, but when they were it looked pretty bad

View attachment 4824

to get all the details in maya remember to export normal map and displacement map... the same thing happened to me because I was loading just the normal maps without the displacement map and it look like CRAP... can I say crap?? well sorry if not.. that face and faceplate looks bad.....ss

I'll consider the ninja as a first pass, a dummy character to figure things out. If the models can be made better with a more consistent quality across the board, I'll go back and re do some stuff.

In fact, going back can be a final pass. Once we get the animations done and run in to all the problems, at the end, we can made some adjustments and render the needed sprites again.

I think we should have a base file... with camera and lighting already setted up that way we get similar results

Not sure if you got to it yet but bracer wrist guards should be a tad longer. I think Kano's face is done. Is the Topology good? Is his teeth tongue and mouth sock textured? I think everything else looks perfect.

Arq can you put your Lui Kang .ztl source file (the most recent one) up on Dropbox?

I use GoZ out of zBrush to get proper Maya/Max displacement working exactly as you'd expect. BTW the cloth modeling is beautiful. Looks like you didn't get the knife shealths in Maya yet.

to get all the details in maya remember to export normal map and displacement map... the same thing happened to me because I was loading just the normal maps without the displacement map and it look like CRAP... can I say crap?? well sorry if not.. that face and faceplate looks bad.....ss

What Do You Thinking Abaout Mk Dark Dragon

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mortal.Kombat.Dark.Dragon/

66175_257053461094535_1799421182_n.jpg

575586_257053497761198_261057179_n.jpg

485356_257053501094531_1209774621_n.jpg

Added some details today, pores and wrinkles to the face, veins to the body.

I think I'll do some polypainting tomorrow.

Cage_faceDetail_zps30665e2f.jpg

Good to see an update Bleed, very cool. I think though that the fleshy area between the corner of the mouth and wrinkle is too large, and also his ear is too small.

Bracers have not been touched on, but I'll fix it up soon enough. And for the maps on the pants, for some reason the normal map made it look very bloated. It has to be me topology. I'll deal with that soon also. And my GoZ loves to work whenever it feels like it, so I gave up on using that. Nice plug in, though. Just seems to bug out on me.

Since face is completed, I went ahead to try out the profile pose and also one of the ending shots:

48.jpg

wow you nailed if man. unbelievable talent you have.

Good to see an update Bleed, very cool. I think though that the fleshy area between the corner of the mouth and wrinkle is too large, and also his ear is too small.

Bracers have not been touched on, but I'll fix it up soon enough. And for the maps on the pants, for some reason the normal map made it look very bloated. It has to be me topology. I'll deal with that soon also. And my GoZ loves to work whenever it feels like it, so I gave up on using that. Nice plug in, though. Just seems to bug out on me.

Since face is completed, I went ahead to try out the profile pose and also one of the ending shots:

View attachment 4826

View attachment 4826

Man, this is AWESOME!!! :congrats:

about the pouches..you know I am liking my version less and less.
In drop box folder you will see a folder called old. Use that object instead for the pouch. I was trying to match up to the new MKHD shots but I realized only yhis morning that the two are very different. Bleeds original pouch design is more accurate to the original prop. Didn't want you to get too far with detailing that stuff before telling you my thoughts. Sorry about the back and forth on this seemingly minor detail.

View attachment 4826