Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

I'm 50/50 with the face plate. One of the many things that most caught my eye about MK1's graphics back then was kano's shiny chrome faceplate in his fighting stance, even with the low resolution you could see that thing glaring reflective light off of it. The later versions Gojira posted I like a lot more, they seem shinier, so I'm just curious mainly about how it's going to do with reflection in the fighting stance.

Gojira: I don't know much about 3D software but I wonder if you'd have to build some random shapes to hover near his face plate so the plate would have something to reflect? Maybe that's why the chrome effect didn't look right to you when you were trying it. Not sure if that's how that works though.

Either way I think what you have now looks good and should work.

gojira just have to use HDRI material, it will reflect an entire environment, of course with a lower intensity than this picture.. and everytime kano move, you will see nice changes in the reflections.
chrome_2.jpg

Here's another paintover of Kano... originally I just wanted to see if I could get the faceplate to look more like I would like it to, but I got a bit carried away. :p I repainted parts of his face based on reference photos and tried to add some hair on the arms.

kanopaintover2.gif

Feel free to use it for reference if you find it helpful, Gojira.

Today was a pretty unproductive day, so didn't really get much completed. Worked on his hair a little, but that was about it. As far as all the suggestions I'm getting, I appreciate it but I think I'm going to have to cut some of it short. I won't update the mask anymore as I feel good about it. Will add the hair to his arms. Outfit is a simple mesh push and pull, so that's no problem. Probably won't do too much to his shoes, just really shape them better.

38.jpg

From this image I can tell that I need to pull his hairline and sideburns forward some, and also add some more balding

Today was a pretty unproductive day, so didn't really get much completed. Worked on his hair a little, but that was about it. As far as all the suggestions I'm getting, I appreciate it but I think I'm going to have to cut some of it short. I won't update the mask anymore as I feel good about it. Will add the hair to his arms. Outfit is a simple mesh push and pull, so that's no problem. Probably won't do too much to his shoes, just really shape them better.

View attachment 4810

From this image I can tell that I need to pull his hairline and sideburns forward some, and also add some more balding

Gojira as an advice, you should take the comments into consideration cause we all want the same and is that this project finishes with the best results but you should know you won't be able to get everyone satisfied because we all have diferent things we like and if you try to satisfy us all at the end maybe you won't be pleased with the results. To me it looks perfect the way it is (the skin and face) the cloth of course needs more work, you won't be able to get an exact copy of divizo cause not even his mother can do that... And she made the original divizo LOL, so just move on and finish this guy.. Looking great, congrats

The hair is good progress although a bit too nappy\curly looking for his hair type (almost looks like a black guy's hair) as well as the chromed out faceplate and eye lense. It's pretty exciting to see progress like that!

I didn't mean to sound like I will be ignoring all comments. That is not really what I meant. I guess its a bit of frustration for that fact I'm still re-tweaking some of the same things on this model. Didn't mean to sound like I was putting it on you guys, so I apologize for that

Anyways, here is an update with sss. Rendering a good image is crazy taxing on my pc, so these little ones will have to do for the wips:

41.jpg

The hair will be a problem for me since my pc takes way to long to process it. I can use really low settings to get an idea of what it will look like, but when I bump it up my pc basically takes a dump on itself. So, don't expect his hair to get much better than that.

I didn't mean to sound like I will be ignoring all comments. That is not really what I meant. I guess its a bit of frustration for that fact I'm still re-tweaking some of the same things on this model. Didn't mean to sound like I was putting it on you guys, so I apologize for that

Anyways, here is an update with sss. Rendering a good image is crazy taxing on my pc, so these little ones will have to do for the wips:

View attachment 4812

I can't say how it looks gojira, just amazing is what I can say. and about what I just said I didn't mean that either, I just wanted to say that you should listen to everyone but don't spend a hole month fixing just the shape of the plate, you are updating maybe every two or three hours, I think your work is amazing cause you are doing in a week what I have months trying to do!!! Cause you will you can be making fatality animations and there will be someone that will say that his shoes are not right and you'll have to fix all the characters sprites because of tr shoes, and talking about shoes, try to make them Little bit smaller, that's all I can critique about your job... Regards man

Looks great MG! I love it :)

Just 1 thing, remember that Bleed and Cal are working and rendering under Max, and all characters have to looks under the same quality, right now looks like Kano is going to looks better that Scorpion and Sub-zero.

I can live with it. To me, it is more important that characters wont look worst that Scorpion of Sub-Zero.

View attachment 4812

There's that chrome, looks awesome!