Super Street Fighter IV

Ah, I say you do tons of offline stuff first then try your hand at online business.
That's what I'm doing at the moment.

That point where someone is in your face and you don't know what to do stuff WILL slowly diminish through time. Give yourself time to jump back into the fray

Yeah at first.
But damnit after losing to so many stupid mistakes I don't know if I can play Abel anymore :(. But hey the same thing might not happen to you

No shit :laugh:

That's why you have to force them into the corner so they have little space to work with, and just because they're good doesn't mean you can't force them to play Risky. If guile has no space to work with and his back is to the corner he has to take risks to get out and work from fullscreen.

Same applies with MK and Kung Lao, You can jump in on Lao because of his Anti Air spin but if you know the spacing of a Jip you can land just outside his spin range and punish him with your BnB. It's not simple, but there's a way around everything in a fighting game.

The corner is practically home for Guile. Wanna get in and "bait" the Flash Kick? Crouching heavy Punch for anti air. Jump over Sonic Boom? Ex Flash Kick. So go ahead and "push" the turtle back into his shell so you can, "attack"

As for Kung Lao doesn't he have a teleport as well to get out of the corner.
*Insert for Vital's frame data*

The corner is practically home for Guile. Wanna get in and "bait" the Flash Kick? Crouching heavy Punch for anti air. Jump over Sonic Boom? Ex Flash Kick. So go ahead and "push" the turtle back into his shell so you can, "attack"

As for Kung Lao doesn't he have a teleport as well to get out of the corner.
*Insert for Vital's frame data*

I'm just speaking from what I see from the streams, and I was saying that no matter what skill level the player plays at they still can fall for some of the simplest things, and I was using Kung Lao as an example from baiting opponents into using specials.

Not if your opponent is good at space control, and keep the pressure on so you can't poke. If you jump over they can Anti Air leaving you right back into the corner, you have to factor in counter hits also so if your poke is counter hitted they have a chance at a full combo.

You're saying it like you're playing against some D-Rank Guile.

This isn't Sagat we're talking about. This is Guile.

Mr. Zone himself.

Guile has all the tools to get him out of any situation. His pokes are extremely fast. His crouching LP even hits faster than Balrog's.

A well-timed poke can get you out and if they try anything funny, a flash kick almost always wins.

I beat a Rank B Zangief with Guile.

And it was my first time using Guile online.

The dude is extremely nasty. No matter what rank they are, I always get nervous when playing against a Guile.

I beat a Rank B Zangief with Guile.

And it was my first time using Guile online.

The dude is extremely nasty. No matter what rank they are, I always get nervous when playing against a Guile.

Yeah me too. It's like you can't go all ape shit over him so you have to play patient, which sucks

A flash kick dominates shit.
And streams? Vital how long did you have AE again?

Why does it matter how long I had the game? Anyone can read a guide or study gameplay and apply it online.. That's why the make Tutorials and character guides to help people.

I'm done arguing, you're the expert here so I'll just drop the subject.

iVital he's saying that you need experience playing against Guiles yourself, not watching streams. He's not trying to insult you or anything or call you a noob. It's just that your judgement here is based off secondary sources.

And I have to agree with him. It's like watching someone drive a car and then reviewing it, without driving it yourself.

Right, that was my point. Sorry if I came off calling you a noob but that was my whole point.
Experience

You can't watch a match of Sakura vs Guile and base judgement on that.

That wasn't YOU playing as Sakura.

You could take a completely different approach when you face a Guile with Sakura.

Then you can give iVital's personal input :)

Not "Oh some dude beat Sakura with Guile at EVO so yeah."

You can't watch a match of Sakura vs Guile and base judgement on that.

That wasn't YOU playing as Sakura.

You could take a completely different approach when you face a Guile with Sakura.

Then you can give iVital's personal input :)

Not "Oh some dude beat Sakura with Guile at EVO so yeah."

Actually you can, kinda.

That's how people get collect and share Match up knowledge even if it's from a secondary source, This is why I studied Pig's match vs the best Kung Lao in the world (PL). I learned a few things to add to my gameplay.