New Characters

If there was no roster limit, how many NEW characters would you want in upcoming MK games? (Meaning no new character would take a spot of current MK Characters).

NOTE: Exclude the fact MK9 is 1-3, storyline-wise.

New Character From Each Game:
MK1- 10
MK2- 10
MK3, UMK3, MKT- 12
MK4- 8
MKDA, MKTE- 12
MKD- 9
MKA- 2

For me: I like new characters in MK games, though I admit that since MK4, there haven't been very many good new characters. But I'd still like to see 6-7 new characters in each game. 8-12 is too much since they already have 60+ characters to work with.

No new characters.

They need to work on the lackluster losers before they are allowed to make new abominations.

If there was no roster limit, how many NEW characters would you want in upcoming MK games? (Meaning no new character would take a spot of current MK Characters).

MK1- 10
MK2- 10
MK3, UMK3, MKT- 12
MK4- 8
MKDA, MKTE- 12
MKD- 9
MKA- 2

For me: I like new characters in MK games, though I admit that since MK4, there haven't been very many good new characters. But I'd still like to see 6-7 new characters in each game. 8-12 is too much since they already have 60+ characters to work with.

hopefully will see some new characters pop up through DLC. Someone better then Skarlett. Someone new and original. Not a damn character made from some glitch. Sorry, just don''t like her appearance.

MK1- 10
MK2- 10
MK3, UMK3, MKT- 12
MK4- 8
MKDA, MKTE- 12
MKD- 9
MKA- 2

FINALLY! I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER HOTARU FAN! we should make team Hotaru :)

They shold bring back the days that noob and smoke used to fight together but the two of them used the same
the same life bar ,that would be awesome because if you pick tag team you would have 3 characters fightin for you
Iv'e seen images of smoke in the new mortal kombat and he seems very lame looks like a girl look at this:
MK9smokeVS.jpg

You see i telling you smoke looks pretty gay in this mortal kombat and the worst part is that is confirmed that is smoke

You probably haven't seen Smoke in actual gameplay, he looks amazing.
His renders don't do him justice.

This girl tag team look's really awesome
They should really put more females in the game
the only girls confirmed are:
Sindel
Sonya Blade
Sheeva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQp2VkFxo2E&NR=1[/URL]
Kitana
[/URL]
Jade
[/URL]
Mileena
[/URL]

how about a red headed male? or a black female or a brazillian? or even a texan!? or a canadian? or a viking? the more the merry i say! as long as it's not a clone or a lame like hsu hao.

Last edited:
i think they should make another princess, lol kitana can have competition OR an ally, peach & zelda were allies in super smash bros brawl :) dont see y kitana cant have a princess friend.

ideal for me: in this game's story mode, you'd get to see at the end a line saying simply that:

Daegon, Bo Rai Cho, Mokap, Hsu Hao blah blah blah, everyone but Reiko and Frost get killed in story mode due to being too fugly or indifferent or lame or badly designed etc etc :D :p

seriously though, most of them just suck too badly. I'd wanna see around 7-8 new characters that are well designed. ideally, I'd want them to stick with the current roster, DLC included, such as Rain, Kenshi, Skarlett blah blah and find a way to glue the next new characters in the story mode of the next game. along with this, I'd want an update in the next game for the current roster, moves/fatalities-wise. mk9 is shaping up to be a brilliant game, if they stick with this and UPGRADE, they are bound not to fail in the future. more moves, more fatalities, more creativity, unique identity to each character. the only characters I found kinda meh-ish in the new mk are human cyrax and human sektor. they are well designed and with detail but they are too forgettable imo.

finally, the best way to make good new characters would be trusting us with it. meaning, dedicate a place for us all to throw ideas (in a new chars forum thread kinda thing in their website) for new characters, how we want them designed, ideas for powers, ideas for xrays, ideas for fatalities plus, if someone's hand is too good, post pics of fans' art with the new character as they imagine him. some of those ideas would turn out extremely popular, some wouldn't, the best would prevail