The Nickel and Dime fatality

Adjun

As many have observed so far, all the fatalities seem to stem around dismembering the opponent in very creative, and sometimes not so creative, ways. It got me thinking... What if NRS decides to dole out our favorite unique fatalities as DLC? Would we all be willing to pay $1.99 EACH for Scorpion's Toasty, Sektor's Chest Compactor, Mileena's Stabbing Death, etc. ? Thoughts anyone? I truly hope this is not the route NRS chooses to go, but I fear it may be a possibility. Will NRS try to Nickel and Dime the MK fans to death with DLC?

i would hope not but, it seems smart thing to do from a business standpoint. it would work rather well, but hopefully the prices won't be ridiculous. they already have my money if so : ( i think a fatality creator/editing mode would be awesome.

I hope this isn't the case for all characters, but it definitely will happen for some. Which sucks for me because I agree with Squirellpion, no matter what it is, if it has Mortal Kombat in it I'm buying it.

I would prefer Fatality packs, rather than individual DLC Fatalities.

For example:

Ninjas (Scorpion, Sub Zero, Smoke Noob Saibot classic Fatalities together)
MK Divas (Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Sindel classic Fatalities together)

For example:

I agree, I would rather them come grouped together assuming this happens.

I am all for the fatality packs as well. Hopefully the prices will stay in the VERY reasonable margin instead of the "are you friggin insane" pricing of popular games like Modern Warfare 2. I wouldn't mind spending $9.99 on a new (and very cool, mind you) fatality for each character vs. paying PER fatality per character. I know we have no idea, yet, what NRS' plans are for DLC, but I hope with this thread they may peruse it and base our answers off of what would be the majority's wishes for DLC vs. WB's pocket.

for me the fatalities are way to much on the dismembering of peoples body parts.....yes some are cool but not every fatality shud be about this....

i actually rlly like Scorpions fatality the chop of the head and legs and kick of the waist....but then they made cyrax absolutly almost identical and thats just so UNIMAGINATIVE its unreal ....

id love to see more bone breaking, and half dismemberment ideas thrown in...sometimes it looks and feels more gory and painfull when a body part isnt just chopped off etc......for me with sum1 for example like JAX,,,a hard hitting character....the type of fatality id of gone with, would be along the lines of i dunno

as the characters stood there unconcious jax walks up casually and gives a real strong punch to the guys knee, and you see and hear the knee cap break and his bones stick out the back of the leg, and then maybe zoom into jax then punching the opponent in the face and it in slow motion style shows you the face crumbling in ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzC96R27eYU
Watch that video id love to see sum of them moves put into a fatality, i.e sum of the leg breaking and then go onto sumthing more bloody or gruesome..it LOOKS painful thats wat a fatality shud be about.....

also in the kung lio combo video in mkast 3, he does a fast punch on chest v much like in this video posted, id love to see that fast punch be continued with maybe a throw that looks like the part in that scene where he punches the guy to the ground or in his face wud be awesum.

i just think alot of the fatalities, more pain could be brought into them,,,breaking of bones, with them popping out, and Half dismemberments.....
the reptile fatlality, show the characters face half melted away, aswell as his stomach...things like that

If I will pay 1.99 just to see Kano's heart rip (without ripping the other organs) I probably won't pay for it or I'll pay for it way later when I have enough money AND when I'm getting bored with the game. But if it's something like Kitana's Kiss of Death and Sonya's Kiss of Death, I'll pay for it in the right time because they are pretty cool.

Thanks for showing that youtube video, Stevaldinho. I'm going to watch that whole movie now, looks great. That guy was a BEAST! I agree though, Fatalities should look really painful.

I would not buy fatalities, that's retarded. I would just look them up on Youtube. I can understand buying DLC that has new levels, characters, etc. But not something that you just watch. People that do pay for simple DLC like this are the sheep that are contributing to the dumbing-down of gaming.

For example:

This. Packages are easier to swallow, as to where paying $80+ for a bunch of stuff that should have been included in the game in the first place... eh.

as for fatalities, so far they seem to just be dismemberment, i like some of the old ones from MK2+3 like when barakka just impaled them and held them there till they slid down!, or even some of the far fetched ones like sindel screamig their skin off or wrapping her hair around and spinning them into explosion!! and cyrax's helecopter one! haha sure they were a bit silly and i know they would look stupid on todays platform, but it was original! and i think MK9 fatalities need more variety rather than just slicing people up.

I would also like to see some burnt flesh in MK9 fatalities, people being burnt so bad or getting acid thrown on them till you see the skin melting into bone, thats whats missing so far.

As for DLC - what ever happened to good old completing the game and unlocking things?? i find paying extra to be disgusting! and no skill involed, getting a new fatality or costume should be a reward!!, so instead of saying 'hey check out my new kano costume i won it by completing the game in extra hard mode' its now, 'hey check out my new kano costume i just went on xbox live and payed $1.99 for it'!!! hmmmmmmm

for me the fatalities are way to much on the dismembering of peoples body parts.....yes some are cool but not every fatality shud be about this....

i actually rlly like Scorpions fatality the chop of the head and legs and kick of the waist....but then they made cyrax absolutly almost identical and thats just so UNIMAGINATIVE its unreal ....

id love to see more bone breaking, and half dismemberment ideas thrown in...sometimes it looks and feels more gory and painfull when a body part isnt just chopped off etc......for me with sum1 for example like JAX,,,a hard hitting character....the type of fatality id of gone with, would be along the lines of i dunno

as the characters stood there unconcious jax walks up casually and gives a real strong punch to the guys knee, and you see and hear the knee cap break and his bones stick out the back of the leg, and then maybe zoom into jax then punching the opponent in the face and it in slow motion style shows you the face crumbling in ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzC96R27eYU
Watch that video id love to see sum of them moves put into a fatality, i.e sum of the leg breaking and then go onto sumthing more bloody or gruesome..it LOOKS painful thats wat a fatality shud be about.....

also in the kung lio combo video in mkast 3, he does a fast punch on chest v much like in this video posted, id love to see that fast punch be continued with maybe a throw that looks like the part in that scene where he punches the guy to the ground or in his face wud be awesum.

i just think alot of the fatalities, more pain could be brought into them,,,breaking of bones, with them popping out, and Half dismemberments.....
the reptile fatlality, show the characters face half melted away, aswell as his stomach...things like that

that videos awesome, i hope lui kang punches that fast in certain moves!!, and i agree about painfull fatalities rather than instant death, i think torture and anticipation is whats needed more, remember when we saw kung laos ground saw fatality first, he slowly tortures them and the fatality has anticipation as you see the hat spinning you know whats coming and its great to slowly watch it all unfold :) but weve yet to see something as good as that imo, well maybe the train one...

I'd rather them have packs, but you should be able to choose which ones you want. If they offer predetermined packs, we'll end up buying a pack for one fatality and for a few others you don't. They're charge more for a la carte, but that it ends up being the same either way.

I think it's pretty petty that Boon decided that the all-time classic fatalities will be delivered via DLC, scorpion's toasty, sub's spine rip, and reptile's head snack. These should be included for the sake of classic inclusion. Not pay-only. This is using the fan's love of the franchise against them to a degree. I could understand releasing new never-before-seen outfits and brand new fatalities as DLC, but to take the popularity of the aforementioned classic MK attire and fatalities and use it to get more cash is just wrong. I have a feeling that DLC could very well be the achilles heal of this iteration. I can see this game costing $199.99 to own everything that comes out for it as the DLC starts rolling in.

For example:

Agree with this.

I think it's pretty petty that Boon decided that the all-time classic fatalities will be delivered via DLC, scorpion's toasty, sub's spine rip, and reptile's head snack. These should be included for the sake of classic inclusion. Not pay-only. This is using the fan's love of the franchise against them to a degree. I could understand releasing new never-before-seen outfits and brand new fatalities as DLC, but to take the popularity of the aforementioned classic MK attire and fatalities and use it to get more cash is just wrong. I have a feeling that DLC could very well be the achilles heal of this iteration. I can see this game costing $199.99 to own everything that comes out for it as the DLC starts rolling in.

exactly! totally unfair and no skill envolved!, getting the oldschool fatalities would of been the ultimate reward for clocking the game, each charactor you clock it with gets you their oldschool costume, do it in harder mode and get their oldschool fatality!, or something like that , not just buy them wheres the fun in that! its insulting if anything!
its making me wonder what are you going to be rewarded for clocking the game? a high score? damm finding that outhas really pissed me off! the whole thing is suppost to be an oldschool fan service!

If anyone else agrees please tweet edd on twitter or just speek up, the oldschool fatalities need to be a in game reward! theres so many other things that you could pay for via DLC, this is a oldschool fan service game, its not about the money or them milking us with DLC its about the oldschool princaple of the game! please speek out to the MK team if you also think this sucks! as i feel this is a subject that still has time to be changed.

Last edited:
No probs guys on the posting of video
IP MAN is a Excellent film highly recommend you watch it ! while on that topic and your not familiar with Donnie Yen i highly recommend

SPL in UK known as KILLZONE - Trailer .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-7Z8LzLu0
Flashpoint - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyOQw6YL93E
and my favourite - Dragon Tiger Gate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u0pzSNVI90&feature=related

they all excellent films, if you not into martial arts or asian action films...these will turn ya :p