July 21st, 2011
4:46 PM CST -
There has been much secrecy behind the identity of the Fourth DLC Character. A new trailer just released by IGN reveals it all. The fourth Mortal Kombat (2011) DLC character will be none other than Freddy Kreuger. According to the trailer Freddy will be released on August 9th for 400 MS Points or $4.99





As mentioned earlier, he will be playable in tonight's Mortal Kombat Comic Con Tournament. You may be able to see more at the GameStop On The Spot live streaming event tonight at 6:30pm PT. We can't wait to hear what people think of him!

Reader Komments from the TRMK Forums:



July 21st, 2011 4:47 PM CST - Maximum Damage
****ing ********.
July 21st, 2011 4:48 PM CST - Flying Jinko
Really dissapointed, so those age old rumours were true after all, guess we can expect Jason next.
July 21st, 2011 4:50 PM CST - orbofuncreation
OK, so the REAL 4th character is???? No really, is it a joke??? A really bad joke??
July 21st, 2011 4:51 PM CST - SevenDeadlySins
People were saying it, but I never thought, or at least hoped the rumours were true. Tremor for life.
July 21st, 2011 4:51 PM CST - Omega-F
He looks cool. I'd have preferred Jason, but he's not bad.
July 21st, 2011 4:52 PM CST - sans power
lmfao.... I knew it, i knew it!! i called it and i knew it!! lol, omg.... i'm so happy, i am soooooooooooooo happy. i am maining freddy, for sure, no question about it.
July 21st, 2011 4:54 PM CST - 3nany
Doubleyou Tee Eff.
July 21st, 2011 4:54 PM CST - donk95
****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
July 21st, 2011 4:54 PM CST - Fulgore
um..... not sure how i feel about this....
July 21st, 2011 4:55 PM CST - El Madre
This is a joke. Cant believe they went thru with this. Of all the other crossover characters they could have done. I planned on buying every single character but this I will be skipping.
July 21st, 2011 4:56 PM CST - orbofuncreation
I can't believe I wasted my Season Pass for this CRAP!!!
July 21st, 2011 4:56 PM CST - Blackbriar
What the HELL?! Suppose I'm oversmoked today, Jeeezus Christ
July 21st, 2011 4:57 PM CST - Maatthew
I wanna cry now....
July 21st, 2011 4:58 PM CST - TheNeutralGamer555
What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fu** This Sh** Well At Least I Can Own Kratos With Him
July 21st, 2011 4:59 PM CST - interloko
NRS are you serious?
July 21st, 2011 5:01 PM CST - Dirge Inferno
He is the most fitting non video game character I could think of! So excited! Can't wait!!!
July 21st, 2011 5:01 PM CST - TheNeutralGamer555
Gosh I Hope I Am Dreaming Right Now :P
July 21st, 2011 5:02 PM CST - Omega-F
Originally Posted by : orbofuncreation
I can't believe I wasted my Season Pass for this CRAP!!!
So you aren't happy with Skarlett, Kenshi and Rain. Dear Lord, chill down.
July 21st, 2011 5:03 PM CST - Mad Max Andrade
Guess I'll be passing this one...
July 21st, 2011 5:04 PM CST - xamoel
Well, nobody of us expect that. Now superman and/or other weird stuff can happen in the future. Well, i really dont wanna freddy in this game, but however is IN the game now, i wanna Jason. Maybe NRS is working on Terrordrome.
July 21st, 2011 5:07 PM CST - xamoel
At least freddy must brings a new arena "The furnace" or something like that.
July 21st, 2011 5:07 PM CST - sans power
i think there was like 3 people, including myself who called this lol. freddy is soooooooooooooo perfect for this game as a non-mk character, i'm so happy. i was getting worried they were gonna release more MK chars, they need to save their post-umk3 chars, they can't keep blowing their load like that. mk10, we will see tremor for sure, i just hope they focus on better online and other necessary patches.
July 21st, 2011 5:11 PM CST - [sek]
Wow, this is pretty weak. I guess WB wants all their violent properties to tie in. I can imagine Ed's twitter feed is about to erupt in anger. I kind of feel bad in a way, I can't imagine this is what NRS wanted to add to their game.
July 21st, 2011 5:13 PM CST - psymon
this is so ****ing stupid, why could they not get someone like jago or glacius from killer instinct
July 21st, 2011 5:15 PM CST - MileenaK
They will never get everyone satisfied.
July 21st, 2011 5:16 PM CST - TheNeutralGamer555
i would prefer a new character rather than he oh my god what a stupid move NRS
July 21st, 2011 5:17 PM CST - Hanzo
his fatality was awesome, other than that, i don't know what to say.
July 21st, 2011 5:17 PM CST - Captain-DC
WOW! i'm SHOCKED! Well it be nice to have Freddy, Jason, and Michael in Mortal Kombat they would all fit well! LOL! But i see it is not based off the Robert England Freddy... AWW! That's bad... The New Freddy Movie was a Joke to say the least. Robert England will always be the best FREDDY! Oh Well! Also WTH WTH WTH why does this FREDDY have TWO Gloves on WTH WTH WTH? Are they making a Freddy Movie 2 now with that New guy and are they giving him Two Gloves now? Otherwise WTH WTH WTH?!?!?!?! Yes i'll still get Freddy... It been better if it was the Robert England Freddy and Only one Glove! This is gonna be INSANE! Oh MAN! By: DCS
July 21st, 2011 5:18 PM CST - methos75
Not wwhat I wanted, but if he plays well no biggie
July 21st, 2011 5:18 PM CST - orbofuncreation
Originally Posted by : Omega-F
So you aren't happy with Skarlett, Kenshi and Rain. Dear Lord, chill down.
I am MORE than happy, expecially for Kenshi, but since I bought the Season Pass to basically have a free DLC character, and in no way I'll allow that CLOWN to be in my MORTAL KOMBAT, I feel SCREWED! Worst news in ages, they ruined everything with this stupid commercial move!
July 21st, 2011 5:19 PM CST - BOOMSTICK
Taking a cue from every feature already 'hyped' about MK I never let myself get excited about the mystery 4th character. Good thing, cause it would've just made this that much more shittier. My season(pass) is done for. Back to learning Rain.
July 21st, 2011 5:20 PM CST - JBeN
Im actually pumped that hes in it, hes one of my favorite slashers cant wait to use him!
July 21st, 2011 5:20 PM CST - [sek]
"They ruined everything" is a bit extreme, but this is disappointing news. Doesn't make the rest of the game no longer enjoyable though.
July 21st, 2011 5:21 PM CST - orbofuncreation
Originally Posted by : xamoel
Well, nobody of us expect that. Now superman and/or other weird stuff can happen in the future. Well, i really dont wanna freddy in this game, but however is IN the game now, i wanna Jason. Maybe NRS is working on Terrordrome.
From the way things are going, I expect even the TECHNODROME from TMNT!
July 21st, 2011 5:23 PM CST - Eks
I am so fapping right now.
July 21st, 2011 5:23 PM CST - Eks
Originally Posted by : psymon
this is so ****ing stupid, why could they not get someone like jago or glacius from killer instinct
Because of copyright issues, no they couldn't.
July 21st, 2011 5:26 PM CST - orbofuncreation
Originally Posted by : Eks
I am so fapping right now.
Try fapping with Freddy's glove on.
July 21st, 2011 5:36 PM CST - TheWretchedCrow
http://www.terrordrome-thegame.com/ Read the news on terrordrome. Jason will be happening.
July 21st, 2011 5:37 PM CST - reptilesmile
boooooooooooooooo
July 21st, 2011 5:41 PM CST - squirrelpion
Yes, i think i love it! hahahahaha viva krueger! hopefully jason or the shredder is next. does anybody know if wb owns the rights to hell raiser? pin head! hahaha come on guys chill out, this doesn't change the fact that this is still the best mk. you should only be pissed off if they don't have any more dlc characters because of this back lash.
July 21st, 2011 5:46 PM CST - Doc
I don't like guest characters and I was initially disappointed they chose to do another one so soon. Now that that's out of the way: NRS could've done a lot worse than Freddy Krueger. He's hands down my favorite horror movie villain, so I'm kinda OK with this despite my distaste for guests. Definitely going to download. And to the whiners: You knew we were going to get guest characters. You got used to Kratos being in the game, you'll get used to Freddy. Quitcher*****in'.
July 21st, 2011 5:48 PM CST - Criss
This is like when Special Forces came out. Screw you NRS/WB and your slap in the face.
July 21st, 2011 5:51 PM CST - jferrell2193
Awesome as hell
July 21st, 2011 5:53 PM CST - Goddess
NOOOOOOOOO!!! oh my god i wanted Tanya!! now i'm glad i haven't purchased any DLC!!
July 21st, 2011 5:57 PM CST - ermacsdshit
this is the saddest day in mk history. what a stupid character, and they even made him look like the dumb ass new freddy and not not original freddy. such a let down
July 21st, 2011 5:58 PM CST - Omega-F
Originally Posted by : psymon
this is so ****ing stupid, why could they not get someone like jago or glacius from killer instinct
Lol, because probably nobody knows who the f are jago or glacius nowadays.
July 21st, 2011 5:59 PM CST - Doc
Originally Posted by : ermacsdshit
this is the saddest day in mk history.
Exaggerate less; look sane.
July 21st, 2011 6:02 PM CST - TheKombatant
He should have been released along with Kratos as an exclusive for Xbox. This would definitely reduce all the rage in the air
July 21st, 2011 6:02 PM CST - ermacsdshit
"Exaggerate less; look sane" not Exaggerating bro, can't think of a sinlge more sad and pathetic thing in the history of mortal kombat. dont really care if you disagree
July 21st, 2011 6:03 PM CST - kingbigums
sweet cant wait ill take anything at least its not Tanya
July 21st, 2011 6:04 PM CST - kingbigums
Originally Posted by : ermacsdshit
not Exaggerating bro, can't think of a sinlge more sad and pathetic thing in the history of mortal kombat
Mokap drahim and jax special forces
July 21st, 2011 6:05 PM CST - ermacsdshit
Originally Posted by : kingbigums
Mokap drahim and jax special forces
nope, i'd rather have used my season pack on mokap for sure
July 21st, 2011 6:06 PM CST - kingbigums
the only thing i dont like about him is he looks a little weird in the face area
July 21st, 2011 6:07 PM CST - Omega-F
Originally Posted by : ermacsdshit
"Exaggerate less; look sane" not Exaggerating bro, can't think of a sinlge more sad and pathetic thing in the history of mortal kombat. dont really care if you disagree
Seriously, dude. What do you have against Freddy Kruger? Are you annoyed at him because he haunted your childhood? Strip away the "Freddy Kruger" name and you have a character with a solid design that fits the Mortal Kombat world quite well. Stop being a drama queen.
July 21st, 2011 6:07 PM CST - kingbigums
Originally Posted by : ermacsdshit
nope, i'd rather have used my season pack on mokap for sure
hhahaha mabye i would be intrested to see what kind of xray they would give him but oh well its not like this all they are going to realease
July 21st, 2011 6:19 PM CST - AlistairWonderland
There is no fourth dlc, does not exist to me lol
July 21st, 2011 6:20 PM CST - TNM03
Mixed feelings for sure. I don't think he looked terrible but then again I don't think I really should comment since I don't watch horror movies. I just hope this is the last guest character coming.
July 21st, 2011 6:21 PM CST - Doc
Originally Posted by : ermacsdshit
"Exaggerate less; look sane" not Exaggerating bro, can't think of a sinlge more sad and pathetic thing in the history of mortal kombat. dont really care if you disagree
BRO?! Why you cheeky bastard! I hate to mention the fact that how upset you clearly are over this is...well, kind of sad and pathetic.
July 21st, 2011 6:27 PM CST - Goddess
i am soooo angry right now!! oh my god.... all Freddy haters, JOIN!!! http://www.trmk.org/forums/group.php?groupid=79
July 21st, 2011 6:30 PM CST - Omega-F
Freddy will be MK's Wolverine.
July 21st, 2011 6:33 PM CST - TheKombatant
He's X-Ray is awful, everything else acceptable
July 21st, 2011 6:33 PM CST - 10902SMOKE22234

July 21st, 2011 6:34 PM CST - ermacsdshit
Originally Posted by : Doc
BRO?! Why you cheeky bastard! I hate to mention the fact that how upset you clearly are over this is...well, kind of sad and pathetic.
i cant wait for all you idiots who waste your money on him and not be able to use him because know one is going to buy him or download the compatability pack, go check out other sites, im not alone here. so much for taking mk9 as a serious fighter. call me a bastard all you want, i'll be the one laughing every time someone picks him then ten seconds later, "the session is no longer available". I hope NRS loses money on this
July 21st, 2011 6:38 PM CST - aj522
I'm happy, as I'm an old man that loves his 80's horror, but as someone else said, what the hell is up with 2 gloves?
July 21st, 2011 6:39 PM CST - mkfanfrever
Awsome. His move set looks effective.
July 21st, 2011 6:46 PM CST - Flagg
Well I don't know what to say. Something good: He actually looks good, he was always quite spindly looking, his move list looks quite good, if not reminiscent of Hsien Ko from Dark Stalkers. He has a pretty good move set and his look, looks perfect. He's probably a character i'd enjoy playing. Something bad: He has no place here. What, he's a dream demon, he has claws so that auto qualifies him to be in a Mortal Kombat tournament? The whole basis of Mortal Kombat was that it was kinda like a throw back to old, cheesy, Martial Art movies like Enter the Dragon. MK shouldn't mean any horror icon gets a free pass. Why not just boot out Lui Kang and have the Bruce Lee character from the Big Boss in the game? Something worse: This will open pandoras box now (no pun intended). Expect to see a plethora of ridiculous characters making their way to Mortal Kombat. What next? Super Mario? RoboCop? Hannibal Lector? Because those three have about as much relevence to MK as Freddy does.
July 21st, 2011 6:51 PM CST - DirtyWhore
I swear to holy heaven that NRS is the only company that can f**k up anything, be it a wet dream, or worse, the latest MK game. Freddy Kruger? The 4th DLC? Seriously? Really? I have lost any and all respect for Mortal Kombat and NRS. His move set looks like it was borrowed from Jax, Kabal, Mileena, and Smoke from what I can see. Could you insult long-standing fans and/or people who bought the Season Pass any more condescendingly? You know what NRS? Go f**k yourselves.
July 21st, 2011 6:54 PM CST - ermacsdshit
Originally Posted by : DirtyWhore
I swear to holy heaven that NRS is the only company that can f**k up anything, be it a wet dream, or worse, the latest MK game. Freddy Kruger? The 4th DLC? Seriously? Really? I have lost any and all respect for Mortal Kombat and NRS. Could you insult long-standing fans like me more horribly or condescendingly? You know what NRS? Go f**k yourselves.
carefull with those words, you might get Doc on yo ass
July 21st, 2011 6:55 PM CST - MASS-HOLE187
WTF?!?!?! WHY? How can Freddy do anything? Are we all asleep because anyone who knows anything knows thats Freddy only comes in your dreams! This game only gets worse with each DLC. BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 21st, 2011 6:59 PM CST - Flagg
I liked Scarlet. Kenshi is boring as hell, and Rain im undecided on, but Freddy really has no place in MK. FFS, enough people complained about Kratos. This is just fanservice at it's utter worst.
July 21st, 2011 7:00 PM CST - Blackbriar
It's very sad, but for F*** Sake IT'S MORTAL KOMBAT! Why Freddy? Why? There are no more characters left? Screw NRS...it's just a wrong decision, to give people something they don't need or want. I would LOVE seeing Tremor, or Tanya, or Fujin. They FIT. They are desired by any and all (nearly) of us....don't have any words to speak about this.
July 21st, 2011 7:14 PM CST - kyoryoku
I loved the original Nightmare On Elm Street movies, but Freddy doesn't not belong in MK! He doesn't even know martial arts! But I have to admit, he does look like he would be a fun character to use.
July 21st, 2011 7:15 PM CST - Sander Cohen
This is like a dream came truth to me... First a really great MK. Now they give me one of the most remarcable characters of my life as a playable character. He looks simply perfect. Can't thank enough for this...
July 21st, 2011 7:16 PM CST - Flagg
We don't even get the cool, 1980's Freddy, but instead its Pedo Freddy.
July 21st, 2011 7:20 PM CST - Sander Cohen
The only thing I want to ***** about is that they really, REALLY are rushing the X-Rays ideas... We look at the original roster, all kinds of original different crazy X-Rays. Now 4 new characters, all the X-Rays the same standing in front of opponent and doing 2 mean things to them. This is bad...
July 21st, 2011 7:22 PM CST - p53
Originally Posted by : orbofuncreation
I am MORE than happy, expecially for Kenshi, but since I bought the Season Pass to basically have a free DLC character, and in no way I'll allow that CLOWN to be in my MORTAL KOMBAT, I feel SCREWED! Worst news in ages, they ruined everything with this stupid commercial move!
Spot on. They really managed to ruin MK9. I am just happy I'll be in Japan, and MK9-less, when this pedophile is being released.
July 21st, 2011 7:24 PM CST - kyoryoku
The 80's Freddy is still a pedo, but I agree, the Robert Englund one is better.
July 21st, 2011 7:24 PM CST - Ermac1314
NRS congragulations, you just ruined a perfect game!
July 21st, 2011 7:24 PM CST - TheKS28
This is so lame. I'm so pissed I bought a season pass. Atleast he's "free" sorta kinda. Wow ****ing gay. Worst news ever. What a horrible terrible idea. If they were gonna use some random character to add to the mortal kombat roster, why didn't they add Spawn? He would be the perfect character to add. I hate this. They better wow me with the next DLC. Atleast Rain is awesome.
July 21st, 2011 7:24 PM CST - p53
Originally Posted by : ermacsdshit
"Exaggerate less; look sane" not Exaggerating bro, can't think of a sinlge more sad and pathetic thing in the history of mortal kombat. dont really care if you disagree
Yes, this is the day they sold out MK. Very sad.
July 21st, 2011 7:25 PM CST - Ermac1314
Originally Posted by : kyoryoku
The 80's Freddy is still a pedo, but I agree, the Robert England one is better.
Actually the 80s Freddy isn't a pedo. He was accused of being a pedo but really wasent so when he was killed he wanted to take revenge, giving him a way better motive to kill people.
July 21st, 2011 7:28 PM CST - p53
Originally Posted by : DirtyWhore
I swear to holy heaven that NRS is the only company that can f**k up anything, be it a wet dream, or worse, the latest MK game. Freddy Kruger? The 4th DLC? Seriously? Really? I have lost any and all respect for Mortal Kombat and NRS. His move set looks like it was borrowed from Jax, Kabal, Mileena, and Smoke from what I can see. Could you insult long-standing fans and/or people who bought the Season Pass any more condescendingly? You know what NRS? Go f**k yourselves.
Well said.
July 21st, 2011 7:33 PM CST - To buy a spoon
I find this news hilarious.
July 21st, 2011 8:13 PM CST - kyoryoku
I guess that explains why he spends most of the series going after high school girls....
July 21st, 2011 8:16 PM CST - Tanyas Husband
-Gives NRS 10,000 Thank you letters- VERY Good Choice NRS! Very good!
July 21st, 2011 8:18 PM CST - reptile6
When I fatality him I'm gonna scream at my tv Your in my world now *****!!!
July 21st, 2011 8:24 PM CST - Jade
Wow. Coming from a huge Freddy fan, this is garbage.
July 21st, 2011 8:27 PM CST - Tanyas Husband
Originally Posted by : Jade
Wow. Coming from a huge Freddy fan, this is garbage.
Why is it garbage? Seems amazing to me!
July 21st, 2011 8:34 PM CST - Ermac210
The only thing I found interesting are the fatalites. Te rest is a big real shame. Why these guys are doing this? A great solution is rip off the engine of this game and do a new game mixing all the things you can imagine, DC, Freddy, Jason, Hellraiser, Antony Hopkins, Jim Carrey, The Teletubbies, all in a brand new game. But don't mess a great game with random "guest" characters. These guys are really disappointing me... again.
July 21st, 2011 8:36 PM CST - battle_scarz13
Really guys mokap meat kobra nitara. You could tolerate half ass characters like that. Yet you're up in arms over Freddy ****in Kreuger? MK or not he's a great character an Iconic character for those of us that grew up in the late eighties early nineties its bad ass. I'm 27 and I've played MK since the beginning and I say more characters=more game=more fun. As long as there are more MK characters who cares about a guest its not like he's being added to MK lore or something.
July 21st, 2011 8:42 PM CST - Flagg
Back in the 90's, I played MK I and MK II as much as I played SF II and its different versions. I left SSF IV for MK9. Terrible online, desync after desync and now Freddy Kruegar is making me think of going back to Capcom. Yeah, one guy is like a sneeze in the face of a hurricane but this takes the cake. Just seen all the cool characters that are going to appear in SF X Tekken, and i'm thinking of now spending my points on SSF IV AE, rather than the rest of the DLC characters. Freddy just doesn't fit in. Kenshi turned out boring as Hell, Rain seems so bleeding over the top, like the developers had hard ons when they made him...only Scarlet has impressed. Ugh, NRS....
July 21st, 2011 8:43 PM CST - Ermac210
And I still can't believe it. Just.. WHY? The 4th DLC will be a great character, something big like goro, powerful like shao kahn, a brand new character that.. Freddy Krueger.
July 21st, 2011 8:49 PM CST - TAZZMISSION
im buying him because i think he looks great. i took this from mko.com Now that we have Freddy's gameplay trailer, we've got a look at his moveset as well. It's hard to tell what would be the enhanced moves at this point, but here is what we could see: High Claw Swipe Seems to greatly resemble Skarlet's blade uppercut attack where he dashes back and then does a pop-up swipe to set up juggles and what not (or continue juggles, since at least one of his combos also ends in a pop-up). Low Claw Swipe Same as above, but hits low and knocks your opponent away. Possible wall juggle if they're close to the edge? Ground Claw Freddy stabs into the ground and giant claws pop out, seems to have multiple versions for different distances away. The claws also function as a pop-up, hinting that Freddy is going to be a juggle intensive character. Crawling Hand Freddy sends out at arm that crawls across the floor and hits someone. It's basically a low-hitting projectile. Claw Projectile Freddy seems to throw his hands (or a pair of hands at least) at you. Hard to tell much else beyond the fact that it's a projectile. Looks kind of slow compared to other projectiles though. The one in the video was an enhanced move, and may actually be the enhanced form of the above. Dream Attack Freddy makes a gesture and a green blob falls (kind of slowly) from the sky directly above your opponent. If it hits them, they seem to be dazed. So it's basically a free hit move if it connects much like Sub-Zero's freeze, Cyrax's net, or Kabal's dash. Considering how slow it looks, it will probably be hard to hit with it unless you catch your opponent in the middle of something else like he did in the video. Teleport Seems to be your standard teleport except it puts you right in front of your opponent instead of behind. Throw Freddy grabs his opponent, shushes them, then stabs and tosses them away. X-Ray Freddy lunges at his opponent from about jump distance away for a double claw to the chest and then claw to the face. Can't see how it ends to know if it can be combo'd afterwards or not. Fatality 1 Freddy drags his opponent into a fiery pit and it squirts up blood. Fatality 2 Freddy summons a furnace and hurls his opponent into it, burning them alive. When they try to escape he slams the door, chopping off their arm in the process. From what we can tell, he seems pretty fast and has a wide array of tools to make him a contender. Considering his variety of pop-ups, he'll probably rely a bit on his juggles. What do you think? *thanks to drpvfx for some corrections!*
July 21st, 2011 8:51 PM CST - Kingzilla21
I cannot believe how upset everyone is. Mk has always been cheesy, nonsensical, overly convoluted, and immature. To hold it's fiction in high regard is unbelievable to me. Mk 9 is a great fighting game and the fact FK is an optional character does not change this. Stop hating on nrstudio.
July 21st, 2011 8:55 PM CST - Korlay
o wow.... capcom fanboys have to be "laughing out loud" right now.. but I'm not going to bash the fact that Freddy Krueger is a DLC character, but he just does not fit with the MK roster at all in my opinion.. and we already thought it was weird with the MK announcer saying "Wonder Woman" in MK vs. DC (..you guys get the point).. but i think if NRS really cared about it's fanbase.. then they would reconsider this, cause i would not want him as a free DLC character.... come on NRS!.. get it together!!.. i was hoping for Tanya or Shinnok as DLC
July 21st, 2011 8:58 PM CST - Doc
Yep, Freddy is going to ruin MK9 and the whole Mortal Kombat franchise. Just like Kratos did last year and Cyber Sub-Zero did back in the spring. Pretty soon something else will be forever destroying our beloved MK.
July 21st, 2011 9:03 PM CST - TAZZMISSION
Originally Posted by : Kingzilla21
I cannot believe how upset everyone is. Mk has always been cheesy, nonsensical, overly convoluted, and immature. To hold it's fiction in high regard is unbelievable to me. Mk 9 is a great fighting game and the fact FK is an optional character does not change this. Stop hating on nrstudio.
agreed!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean hey if they added solid snake or master cheif then yea id be *****ing but FK fits great in mk just for the cheeseyness
July 21st, 2011 9:04 PM CST - Dirge Inferno
Originally Posted by : kingzilla21
i cannot believe how upset everyone is. Mk has always been cheesy, nonsensical, overly convoluted, and immature. To hold it's fiction in high regard is unbelievable to me. Mk 9 is a great fighting game and the fact fk is an optional character does not change this. Stop hating on nrstudio.
^^^ this ^^^
July 21st, 2011 9:14 PM CST - Ermac210
I would prefer a pack with Freddy + Jason for Halloween and a decent-related-to-mk character as 4th DLC. I mean, eveyone was waiting for someone important or relevant to the game. But from my point of view, Freddy has nothing to do in the MK universe. Soo... the shit has been thrown, the next step is clean it (or something like that). We'll see what's the next big surprise form NRS ...
July 21st, 2011 9:23 PM CST - DirtyWhore
Originally Posted by : Doc
Pretty soon something else will be forever destroying our beloved MK.
No worries. I heard that Dora the Explorer and Big Bird are going to be released next as DLC. Even better, there will be people who will support and quantify them and NRS's decision equivocally.
July 21st, 2011 9:27 PM CST - Flagg
If NRS announced Cyber Porky Pig, some ******* would think that awesome as well.
July 21st, 2011 9:32 PM CST - Doc
Originally Posted by : DirtyWhore
No worries. I heard that Dora the Explorer and Big Bird are going to be released next as DLC. Even better, there will be people who will support and quantify them and NRS's decision equivocally.
True, when it comes to stuff like this, some members on this forum go to a "GO NRS!" extreme... but some members also go to a "MK IS RUINED FOREVER" extreme. Both are equally irritating, as has been shown today.
July 21st, 2011 9:44 PM CST - TAZZMISSION
next guy should be ash since wb owns new line i mean cmon he'd be the perfect horror guy to make it in mk im not against horror guest charachters as long as they arent some unbalanced cheap ones like jason
July 21st, 2011 9:57 PM CST - derris
lol gg you l337MK whingers. freddy owns. you're all so undeserving of a game this good. go throw your consoles in a lake.
July 21st, 2011 9:59 PM CST - DirtyWhore
Originally Posted by : Doc
True, when it comes to stuff like this, some members on this forum go to a "GO NRS!" extreme... but some members also go to a "MK IS RUINED FOREVER" extreme. Both are equally irritating, as has been shown today.
I am in the middle usually when it comes to NRS's decisions. However, today just blows my mind. Heck, even MKvDC I didn't "get" when it was first announced, but I eventually understood what they wanted to do with that game; show the MK characters in a different light other than brutal, efficient killing machines with body parts flying all over the place. This though with FK is an obvious attempt to pander to pop culture and movie studios. *shrug*
July 21st, 2011 10:04 PM CST - Doc
Originally Posted by : DirtyWhore
This though with FK is an obvious attempt to pander to pop culture and movie studios. *shrug*
Not going to argue with that. Pandering is like 95% of what companies based in the entertainment industry do.
July 21st, 2011 10:07 PM CST - Ricochetmatt
BWAHAHAHAHA! HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW, *****ES!? The way you guys are acting was the way I acted when Kratos was confirmed. GUEST CHARACTERS SUCK AND DON'T BELONG IN MK! That being said... As retarded as Freddy's inclusion is, at least he's more interesting and entertaining than Kratos.
July 21st, 2011 10:16 PM CST - kodkilla
The ONLY problem I have with this is that it looks like the new Freddy, but other than that, it makes me LULZ
July 21st, 2011 10:28 PM CST - JSOOGZ
Originally Posted by : derris
lol gg you l337MK whingers. freddy owns. you're all so undeserving of a game this good. go throw your consoles in a lake.
that's a pretty good first post.. :/ way to make yourself present and accounted for on the forums.
July 21st, 2011 10:35 PM CST - Daniel Venzor
Whoever put the Freddy pic up that's above the video, epic fail. This Freddy is the new one not the old.
July 21st, 2011 10:42 PM CST - Liu Kang93
Originally Posted by : Daniel Venzor
Whoever put the Freddy pic up that's above the video, epic fail. This Freddy is the new one not the old.
I think everyone knows that its the new one and not the old one
July 21st, 2011 10:44 PM CST - djg1285
**** this noise.
July 21st, 2011 11:18 PM CST - Kobra
I must be dreaming...then again Freddy would kill me in it. I am disappointed, I really am. Let's hope there is more decent DLC in the future, like Rain and Kenshi. Not this crap.
July 21st, 2011 11:28 PM CST - Etryus
Excellent initiative NRS a gift for old schoolers
July 21st, 2011 11:42 PM CST - x ViLLaiiny
I'm kind of okay with this. I really was excited for Tremor or Cyber Smoke. Was leaning more for Cyber Smoke, but Freddy Krueger? Come on, man. He's cool and all, but he's just really...off, kind of like Kratos. I LOVE his Fatalities at least. I really wish Rain had better Fatalities, but Rain is one my favorites and he plays great. Freddy better play well, and he better come with a good Klassic Skin pack, unlike Rain.
July 21st, 2011 11:48 PM CST - SirMestiar
oh and the BTW there is going to be other DLC pack and we will make a suuuper pass its called "super heroes kombat pass" they are all secret but expect to see Super Man Green Lanter Captain America!
July 22nd, 2011 12:01 AM CST - sad
I will not buy DLC or download compatibility pack for this shit. And if I ever have to fight against this piece of shit I will quit immediately. Skarlet (my main), Kenshi and Rain were ok all and I was glad to buy those.
July 22nd, 2011 12:11 AM CST - pimppaperclip
i think its awesome since xbox didn't get a crossover. and to the haters if you have season pass just download him and try him out if you like him main him and if you dont delete him from your harddrive and never play as him again! and if you're just a straight up plain douche then gtfo and go f*ck yourself
July 22nd, 2011 12:12 AM CST - kodkilla
Welcome to the forum sad, sorry to hear about your decision. Kinda not nice to those of us who applaud (pretty strong word now that I think about it) the decision. Although it IS the new gay Freddy Kruger. I hate that actor, I don't know why, he just annoys me... But I guess I can let it slide (think Robert Englund, think Robert Englund) haha.
July 22nd, 2011 12:29 AM CST - the_sim
I might actually get this game now... lol
July 22nd, 2011 12:34 AM CST - Nick Pierce
I don't understand why people care. Its an easter egg in a way. Just use some imagination, and if you don't like it, well don't download it. I find it rather cool myself.
July 22nd, 2011 12:46 AM CST - FuBi0
I've never been a fan of cross-overs. Luckily I can choose not to download it. Really was wishing for something different though.. ya know, something MK.
July 22nd, 2011 12:48 AM CST - Pau
Well im geting him and cant whait to get ALLLLLL the hate coment after i kick your hating asses hahaha :reddy:
July 22nd, 2011 12:50 AM CST - XxslickninjaxX
I'm really on the fence about this..... Edit: Sorry for the double post. Freakin cell phone!
July 22nd, 2011 12:56 AM CST - XxslickninjaxX
I'm really on the fence about this. Like a lot of ppl on here I'm a diehard horror film fan. Love the old NOES flicks. When they said the 4th DLC was a big surprise I honestly expected something like this. I'll download him and give him a shot. If I don't like him I won't use him. Ppl spazzed out about MK vs DC at first (including me). I ended up getting a bunch of fun game time. Ppl spazzed out on Kratos. I personally think they did a decent job fitting him in. Maybe FK will grow on us. I do feel a little empty though. I'll always be waiting for that one more MK character from the good ol' days.
July 22nd, 2011 1:02 AM CST - kyoryoku
They better release Jason then if Freddy is going to be in this. Seems like almost every MK fighter has an arch enemy in the character line-up. And if they release a Jason, it better be from Part 6 or 8...
July 22nd, 2011 1:04 AM CST - THE JOHNNY ROOK
July 22nd, 2011 1:22 AM CST - meathook
I want my Season Pass money back.
July 22nd, 2011 1:35 AM CST - timmo2000
1,2 Freddy's coming for you! 3,4 You better lock your door! 5,6 Grab your crucifix! 7,8 Better stay up late! 9,10 Never sleep again! well im happy about this this mk just got a bit more fun WTG NRS
July 22nd, 2011 1:38 AM CST - MajorWeirdo
Woow, I did not expect this! LOL... pretty cool though, Freddy never had a real cool game to feature in. He's got some potential to go up against some MK characters... Storywise, it'll be like Kratos... unreallistic to the MK universe, but OK as a crossover thingy...
July 22nd, 2011 2:21 AM CST - Nasty_Freak
I'd prefer someone from video games. I'll pass this one I guess. His fatalities look cool though but I won't be playing as him anyways.
July 22nd, 2011 2:34 AM CST - Matt Wilson
I don't understand the argument of "Freddy Krueger Destroyed MK". First off, he's a DLC character, which means if you don't want him, don't buy him. Second, no one would have been happy with the final DLC character anyway. No one wanted Fujin, a few people wanted Reiko or Tanya, and some people got so desperate to the point they wanted Tremor in this game. The fact is, no one would have been happy, and to say "Well, anyone else in MK is better than Freddy", how can you say that without playing the character? The bottom line is, some people like the idea, some people despise it, and other simply don't give a shit. But in the end it's still a game, it's DLC so you don't have to take it so seriously.
July 22nd, 2011 2:37 AM CST - Jason St Germain
The haters need to shut up....if you dont like it dont download it and play your ***** ass street fighter or MVC Let the nightmare begin *****es!
July 22nd, 2011 2:40 AM CST - Flying Jinko
Originally Posted by : Matt Wilson
I don't understand the argument of "Freddy Krueger Destroyed MK". First off, he's a DLC character, which means if you don't want him, don't buy him. Second, no one would have been happy with the final DLC character anyway. No one wanted Fujin, a few people wanted Reiko or Tanya, and some people got so desperate to the point they wanted Tremor in this game. The fact is, no one would have been happy, and to say "Well, anyone else in MK is better than Freddy", how can you say that without playing the character? The bottom line is, some people like the idea, some people despise it, and other simply don't give a shit. But in the end it's still a game, it's DLC so you don't have to take it so seriously.
No sir, TONS of people would have been more happier if it was an MK character no matter how low their popularity. There was a poll here proving the same as well. Fujin, Reiko or Tanya would have had much better recepetion than the backlash we are seeing now for Freddy.
July 22nd, 2011 2:41 AM CST - Matt Wilson
That reminds me, Im laughing at all the people who bought the season pass and ended up hating Freddy. That's one thing I've learned by living in Vegas; never take a bet that you're not guaranteed you're going to win. If saving money means that much to do, then you deserve the character because technically it's "free". That's why I didn't buy the pass. I didn't buy Skarlet because I thought she was garbage, but Freddy is going to be amazing.
July 22nd, 2011 2:44 AM CST - Matt Wilson
Yes but your basing that argument on half the population of this forum alone. I read another poll that said 54% said they'd buy him, 23% said no, and 27% said they didn't care. So your 'facts' are a little hard to take seriously at the moment. As for everyone flaming the forum, I wish I could have one intelligent argument with someone as to why they don't want Freddy in this game and why he shouldn't be in the game. Instead, everyone has been nerd raging and flying off the handle, face rolling their keyboard because they don't want an 'outsider' in this game. Until solid facts are shown to me, your 'everyone on the forum no-likey freddy' argument is in void.
July 22nd, 2011 2:45 AM CST - Criss
The fact is they teased this mystery 4th character for so long, and this is what we got? You're telling me out of the other MK characters they coulda revisited and revamped we got freddy krueger? A GUEST character? Come on guys, you gotta see why some fans are absolutely pissed bout this. I personally was hyped for this 4th and blam, punch in the balls by NRS. They'll give us Freddy Krueger and neglect their own franchise's characters they created, but hey **** fixing the online, or adding features people WANT right? Freddy Krueger is awesome sauce lololololololololol ..... Am I gonna download the compat. patch? Probably not, if I even care bout MK by then. Have a problem with that? Take it up with WB/NRS for dicking fans over.
July 22nd, 2011 2:49 AM CST - Matt Wilson
Yeah but that's your anger, and probably most of the population, but not all of them. I for one think Freddy is bad ass, and I don't really see how NRS 'turned their back' on the franchise because they brought in a random horror icon rather than MK characters that no one really wanted but speculated about like crazy because the fact it was a mystery bugged the shit out of everyone. At the end of the day they are the ones that make the decisions, which means you have the decision to buy him, or not DL the compatibility pack. I really don't see how not downloading it and punishing the people who DO want to play as Freddy is proving some valid point of yours, but hey, to each their own. Even if I play as him against only like...5 people. Looking at it as a 'let down' perspective is understandable if you really hyped on a certain character, but to make it like they suddenly betrayed everyone for their choice is pure utter nonsense.
July 22nd, 2011 2:50 AM CST - DCP
Originally Posted by : Criss
The fact is they teased this mystery 4th character for so long, and this is what we got? You're telling me out of the other MK characters they coulda revisited and revamped we got freddy krueger? A GUEST character? Come on guys, you gotta see why some fans are absolutely pissed bout this. I personally was hyped for this 4th and blam, punch in the balls by NRS. They'll give us Freddy Krueger and neglect their own franchise's characters they created, but hey **** fixing the online, or adding features people WANT right? Freddy Krueger is awesome sauce lololololololololol ..... Am I gonna download the compat. patch? Probably not, if I even care bout MK by then. Have a problem with that? Take it up with WB/NRS for dicking fans over.
I thought I was the only sane one. Thank you for this.
July 22nd, 2011 2:58 AM CST - Flying Jinko
Originally Posted by : Matt Wilson
Yes but your basing that argument on half the population of this forum alone. I read another poll that said 54% said they'd buy him, 23% said no, and 27% said they didn't care. So your 'facts' are a little hard to take seriously at the moment. As for everyone flaming the forum, I wish I could have one intelligent argument with someone as to why they don't want Freddy in this game and why he shouldn't be in the game. Instead, everyone has been nerd raging and flying off the handle, face rolling their keyboard because they don't want an 'outsider' in this game. Until solid facts are shown to me, your 'everyone on the forum no-likey freddy' argument is in void.
First off, I wasn't bashing Freddy at all, I dont know where you got that from. I just said that fans would have received Mk characters much better than Freddy. Here is one of the polls I was talking about. http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/20124-Who-do-YOU-want-for-DLC This poll however was made before rain was announced, so majority of votes went to him. Also although the new character option got about 86 votes, if that option was Freddy, im sure he would not have racked that much of votes. EDIT: I would not have minded Freddy's inclusion in the game if it was done after some fan favorites like Tremor or Tanya. And yes, these characters have a huge fan base. Mk characters needs to be given their due first before guests start coming in is what I think. Eitherways Im getting him cause he looks interesting.
July 22nd, 2011 3:07 AM CST - Matt Wilson
I never remember saying you were bashing Freddy, I was referring to everyone else on the forum you are referring too, especially those who really, really, really don't want him in this game. Again, basing a statistical vote right now is really hard considering people's rage is some what diluting their minds at moment. http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/22673-4th-DLC-Character-Discussion-Freddy-Krueger-ALL-FREDDY-DISCUSSION-GOES-HERE?p=380297&highlight=#post380297 This was the one I was referring too. Just switch the 'I dont give a shit part' to compatibility pack only...or yes. :D
July 22nd, 2011 3:57 AM CST - UniversalKingdom
Originally Posted by : XxslickninjaxX
Maybe FK will grow on us. I do feel a little empty though. I'll always be waiting for that one more MK character from the good ol' days.
The cast of MK Trilogy is COMPLETE! Every MK game after that wasn't called the "Good Ol' Days". That's called "The Great Depression."
July 22nd, 2011 4:04 AM CST - Criss
Originally Posted by : DCP
I thought I was the only sane one. Thank you for this.
No problem man. Here at Tremor's Realm of Mortal Kombat, theres gotta be a sane voice somewhere lol And to the guy above me. I was born in 87. Im a huge fan of Nightmar eon Elm Street and Freddy. But I don't want Freddy in MK, and he DOES NOT fit Mortal Kombat, because...well simply put. HE. ISN'T. A. MORTAL KOMBAT. CHARACTER.
July 22nd, 2011 4:16 AM CST - ShadowArtiste
What the eff? I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st. I wish I didn't buy the season pass. Even though this character is free I still don't want him. I honestly hope I can opt out of this character. I don't want him in my roster or in my arcade ladder.
July 22nd, 2011 4:59 AM CST - Etryus
It has been like this since MK1. Imagine Jean Claude Van Damme from bloodsport (Johnny) fighting David LoPan from Big Trouble in little China (Shang Tsung). Imagine Lightning from Big Trouble of Little China (Raiden) fighting Bruce Lee (Liu Kang). Now imagine Freddy (as Freddy because they managed to use the official licence) fighting the Predator (Sektor/Cyrax/CSZ). The idea is that all of these characters (or character ideas) come from movies. I understand that some people have preferences and that they'd prefer Tanya, Fujin or even Tremor, but there is no need to be hostile against the character himself. He's not an alien in the MK world.
July 22nd, 2011 5:04 AM CST - Criss
Yes he is. Theres a difference between inspired by, and the ACTUAL thing. Theres no way you can look at Freddy and think he fits 110% in the universe. You look and you KNOW it's Freddy Krueger, not...Grumlork the Dream Demon from the Dreamrealm.
July 22nd, 2011 5:43 AM CST - tremor_209
hahaha! I knew it! I knew that Ed Boon is the 4th character!!! haha!
July 22nd, 2011 5:56 AM CST - MKShao_Kahn
Originally Posted by : Pau
Well im geting him and cant whait to get ALLLLLL the hate coment after i kick your hating asses hahaha :reddy:
You won't be able to, because I won't even download the compability pack )
July 22nd, 2011 5:59 AM CST - tremor_209
They better try not to sleep!!!
July 22nd, 2011 6:32 AM CST - DCR
Well, that kinda sucks. I think I would've rather had anyone from the MK universe, even unnecessary ninja #22. I'd say buying the season pass was kind of a waste, but I would've bought the first three characters anyway, so it really wasn't. I'll still download him to see his fatalities and get the classic skins anyway, so what the hell. Luckily, for everyone who doesn't want him in their game, he's a lot easier to ignore than Kratos. Avoid the compatibility pack and you won't even have to fight against him.
Leave Your Komment
Hot Forum Topics
Replies










Link to TRMK
Link to TRMK