Wu Lae having a chance with new Timeline?

Mudknot

Wu_Lae2.png

Wu Lae is the leader of the Tengu clan, anyone who never played Armageddon this is the rival clan to the Lin Kuei.
The Tengu are similar to the Lin Kuei living in the icy mountains, however they are clothed in orange. Wu Lae uses a Scythe as a weapon and had attacked Taven thinking he was an evil invader, and Taven ended up killing all of Wu Laes men and before finishing off Wu Lae he allows you to go.

With the new timeline, Wu Lae may never cross paths with Taven, however he would be a dope character to add. He has some timeline and even though he is a ninja he uses a new color scheme, especially with designers these days. We have no idea if he uses any "magic" abilities, but we do know he fights with a Scythe like i stated above.

Could Wu Lae have a chance joining a roster with the new timeline, and become playable?

He may not be after Sub-Zero like scorpion, but with the amount of Lin-Kuei in the game, adding an enemy would be kind of interesting.

Last edited:
That is really interesting... I forgot all about Wu Lei. He's pretty much a blank slate so they could do a lot with him moves/powers wise.

Hes not a rip off or clone. And besides if Taven gets woken up earlier than planned, he actually may never cross paths in a bad way and get the Tengu killed lol

Wu lae would be awesome,he looks badass, just needs more orange because Smoke took the gray :laugh:

What about powers? wind? light? orange energy?

Tengu Clan ninja
557px-Tengu.jpg

Tengu clan ninjas concepts
789px-Tengu01.png

789px-Tengu02.png

The Tengu are named after winged, long-nosed mountain spirits found in Japanese mythology they also have a bird in their outfits and in the dropped concepts their masks resambled bird beaks and the outfit had feathers painted, so this could mean that they (or at least their leader Wu Lae) have air/wind powers, that would be pretty cool and matches.

What do you think?

great find Fox!, the bottom left image would be a great character design to work off of for Wu Lae, i really think with some good concepts he can be designed awesomely.

However i dont like wind powers to much, unless he was a mix of Wind and something else would be nice. Because hes a scythe user i would expect him to be kind of Grim Reaper like, so maybe wind and shadow. it would be a quite unique combination.

I REALLY like the ninja at the bottom right. Would be awesome for Wu Lei, maybe also have the other one as an alt or vice versa.

If you see both concepts on the left, they have bird claws in their hands, also they have them in the outfits they used in the game but they are not present in the concepts.

These guys really like birds, I think they should have wind powers and some bird like moves with their claws, that would be IMO the ultimate originally awesome idea.

I dont dig the scythe thing, stick with the bird claws, that's much more unique.

Tengu Clan ninja
557px-Tengu.jpg

Tengu clan ninjas concepts
789px-Tengu01.png

789px-Tengu02.png

The Tengu are named after winged, long-nosed mountain spirits found in Japanese mythology they also have a bird in their outfits and in the dropped concepts their masks resambled bird beaks and the outfit had feathers painted, so this could mean that they (or at least their leader Wu Lae) have air/wind powers, that would be pretty cool and matches.

What do you think?
Good stuff man, the deity they worship could be Fujin, who blesses the members of the Tengu Clan with wind powers. Perhaps more possible explanation to their powers.

Last edited:
Good stuff man, the diety they worship could be Fujin, who blesses the members of the Tengu Clan with wind powers. Perhaps more possible explanation to their powers.
Seeing as to how they are orange I think they could have magma/lava based moves. I know their name has relations to a bird, but Fujin has wind. And Fujin is PROBABLY gonna be in MK10.

EDIT: Lol, look what i found on MKO

images

I agree with this, this is a char that hasnt built up enough attention in the fan base. People are too busy worrying about characters like Tremor.

Wu Lae has a lot of chance..

And for the clan to worship Fujin would be interesting for wind powers.

And as for the scythe, i wouldnt throw it in the river just yet, a thrown scythe that spins like a buzz saw and comes back to hand would be cool to see. I understand its not too original of a weapon, however it could still be a good characteristic

Seeing as to how they are orange I think they could have magma/lava based moves. I know their name has relations to a bird, but Fujin has wind. And Fujin is PROBABLY gonna be in MK10.

EDIT: Lol, look what i found on MKO

images
Lol that is a render by NS922, he a TRMK member too, he got lots of other amazing concepts, sigs, avatars etc in various threads at the art section. Do check them out. Here are a few of them

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/24167-NS922-s-Sigs-and-Such

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/17677-My-Character-Edits
Tht Tengu render is awesome!!!

Lol that is a render by NS922, he a TRMK member too, he got lots of other amazing concepts, sigs, avatars etc in various threads at the art section. Do check them out, Ill link some soon. =D

Tht Tengu render is awesome!!!

I could tell it was made by NS922 by the watermark that says... NS922 :p

I know he's on TRMK, but I found it on MKO.

Lol as long as he has no fire moves id be mostly happy.

The lava idea is interesting but i think it would be too close to watching fireballs as is.

Lol as long as he has no fire moves id be mostly happy.

The lava idea is interesting but i think it would be too close to watching fireballs as is.
Nah, I was thinking more like this:

-A Lava ball that encrusts enemies in a black, rock-hard state like Sub-Zero's but it damages them while they are in it about like 9% until it breaks.
-A lava puddle that burns the enemy's feet, stopping them from moving for a short time.
- Lava spew, like Rain's water stream
- A magma ball that encrusts them in a ball that rolls towards you, similar to Rain's water ball but you can't controll it.
- Magma parry

Sounds promising! I had forgotten about him completely. Hey how about this... instead of gray and orange, why not make it white an orange? never seen a white ninja in MK ;) And for his powers, he could be a weapon master who infuses the wind element with his weapons, I don't know, like an air cut with a sword or controled shuriken? We all know that 100% wind powers are reserved for Fujin!