When is MK9 going GOLD??

Quicksilver

with just 2 months before release, shouldnt this game have gone gold already? I hope theyll have enough time to get the copies made for april 19th release date...maybe it has already gone gold and they didnt announce it, but thats unlikely, its usually announced.

What does it matter? If they lied and said it went gold today, it would be no different than if they told us in two weeks. The game is in development and comes out April 19th, that's all that matters.

yeah but im saying if it doesnt go gold soon, i dont think itll have enough time to make april 19th, i thought it takes 2 months for them to make the games? MVC3 went gold in november and that was out feb 15th so they had about 3 months

To be honest, it will come out on April 19th pretty much no matter what because most companies nowadays don't care if a game is finished or not, the only thing that matters is the deadline and money.

To be honest, it will come out on April 19th pretty much no matter what because most companies nowadays don't care if a game is finished or not, the only thing that matters is the deadline and money.

It probably doesn't even matter if it goes Gold 1 week from 4/19...

WB Games could probably crank the copies out in no time...

Actually, games are NEVER finished. There are always those few things that just need to be tweaked, rebalanced, or some such that make games never truely "finished".

And when games cost as much as they do to make, can you blame them for wanting a bit of money for it?

What does it matter? If they lied and said it went gold today, it would be no different than if they told us in two weeks. The game is in development and comes out April 19th, that's all that matters.

I think IR says it best, it doesn't matter for us really. It wont change the release date anyways, but I expect it to go Gold in late March or early April.

It matters more for NRS because then they know when crunch mode ends and vacation starts. ;)

early april?! how is 3 weeks enough time to make a million copies of this game? im no expert on those kinda time frames but it seems that'd be cutting it extremely close

early april?! how is 3 weeks enough time to make a million copies of this game? im no expert on those kinda time frames but it seems that'd be cutting it extremely close

Keep in mind, they aren't printing the discs using a DVD drive on a desktop computer. They have huge facilities to manufacture these games. I'd imagine they could print millions of copies in less than a week, if need be.

Everytime there is a game that i am this interested in - as it gets closer to release i always fear seeing - "release date pushed back to _______"

lol this thread is making me have those nightmares... it will be out april 19th... lets just say that :D

im not doubting it'll be out april 19th, they seem very confident in that release date, I just wish they'd put us all at ease and announce the game going gold :p