TRMK official Video game award nomination thread!

So, I take it unless you specifically mention "of the year" we're talking about of all time? You're not exactly clear on that. Also, I think you need to revise your "8-bit game" category... you could try a full historical list of eras, and segregate out arcade games as well, since that was truly a different class back then. Using "Pac-Man" as your example for 8-bit is really confusing people I think, because I really don't think anyone on here would really be nominating Pac-Man over the entire NES catalog if they understood the category correctly. (My apologies in advance to anyone who nominated Pac-Man if I'm wrong).

If we were to do a full historical-era based list, the categories should be something like this:

Second-Generation(Pre-NES era consoles [Atari 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision])
Third-Generation(NES-era[NES, Sega Master System])
Fourth-Generation(16-bit[SNES, Genesis, TurboGrafx-16])
Fifth-Generation (PS1, N64, Saturn)
Sixth-Generation (PS2, XBOX, Gamecube)
Arcade (pre-1990)
Arcade (post-1990)

You may even leave off some of the later eras, since they will get plenty of nominations anyway, but I think breaking it out like this is a better way of acknowledging historical games. Yes, I did intentionally leave off First-Generation. That generation is the analog dedicated consoles of the mid-'70s. I'm going to go out on a limb and say none of us here remember those. Hell, I may be one of very few here who have played the second generation extensively, but I thought it at least warrants mention.

8-bit - Prince of Persia
Fighter game - Mortal Kombat 2
Shooter - FPS/Modern Warfare COD 4, TPS/Syphon Filter 1, multiplayer/Quake Arena
Based of a movie - Enter the Matrix
Best DLC - Gears of war 3
Kid friendly - Super Mario
RPG - Final Fantasy 7
Sport game - Fifa
Action-Adventure game - Uncharted 1
Interactive game - Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles
WTF moments - Silent Hill 1 / when the nurse die.
Developer of the year - Capcom (they do many good games)
Best game - Metal Gear Solid 4
Advertising campaign - Mortal Kombat 9 (Nrs did great job with this game and teasers)
Computer/PC game - Counter Strike source (also Arma)
Pocket game - Tetris

tumblr_lcgt5rEXeE1qzr2th.gif

Last edited:
8-bit - Prince of Persia
Fighter game - Mortal Kombat
Shooter - FPS/Modern Warfare, TPS/Syphon Filter, multiplayer/Quake
Based of a movie - Enter the Matrix
Best DLC - Gears of war
Kid friendly - Super Mario
RPG - Final Fantasy
Sport game - Fifa
Action-Adventure game - Uncharted
Interactive game - Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles
WTF moments - Silent Hill 1 / when the nurse die.
Developer of the year - Capcom (they do many good games) but for this i would say
Best game - Metal Gear Soldier
Advertising campaign - Mortal Kombat (Nrs did great job with this game and teasers)
Computer/PC game - Counter Strike (also Arma)
Pocket game - Tetris

Ummm... you seem to have left out several numbers

Did you really mean to name the first game in all of these series, or are you trying to name whole series instead of games? I think the intent was to name games.

Ummm... you seem to have left out several numbers

Did you really mean to name the first game in all of these series, or are you trying to name whole series instead of games? I think the intent was to name games.

It is, I if you put, let say Mortal Kombat for best fighter game, I need to know WHICH one, sorry I forgot to mention that earlier....

No, i didn't put the numbers because as you said i mean the whole series but i added the numbers from the game i like more ;)

Best 8-bit: Sonic The Hedgehog
Best Fighter: Mortal Kombat
Best Shooter: Left 4 Dead 2
Best Game Based Of A Movie: Captain America: Super Solider
Game With Best DLC: Left 4 Dead 2
Best Kid Friendly Game: LittleBigPlanet 2
Best RPG: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Best Sports Game: Backbreaker: Vengeance
Best Action-Adventure: Assassin's Creed Revelations
Best Interactive Game: Child of Eden
Most WTF Moment: The ending to Red Dead Redemption
Developer of the Year: Ubisoft
Overall Best Game: Assassin's Creed Revelations
Best Advertising Campaign: Mortal Kombat
Best Computer/PC Game: Tie between Minecraft and Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Best Pocket Game: Tie between Zombie Highway and Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal

Best 8-bit: Sonic The Hedgehog
Best Fighter: Mortal Kombat
Best Shooter: Left 4 Dead 2
Best Game Based Of A Movie: Captain America: Super Solider
Game With Best DLC: Left 4 Dead 2
Best Kid Friendly Game: LittleBigPlanet 2
Best RPG: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Best Sports Game: Backbreaker: Vengeance
Best Action-Adventure: Assassin's Creed Revelations
Best Interactive Game: Child of Eden
Most WTF Moment: The ending to Red Dead Redemption
Developer of the Year: Ubisoft
Overall Best Game: Assassin's Creed Revelations
Best Advertising Campaign: Mortal Kombat
Best Computer/PC Game: Tie between Minecraft and Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Best Pocket Game: Tie between Zombie Highway and Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal

Sonic is not 8-bit, unless you're talking about the little-known Sega Master System version that was released in Europe a few months AFTER the original 16-bit version.

Seriously, people, can we please tighten up that category or drop it?

Sonic is not 8-bit, unless you're talking about the little-known Sega Master System version that was released in Europe a few months AFTER the original 16-bit version.

Seriously, people, can we please tighten up that category or drop it?

Lol yeah say platformer most 8 bit games are this genera anyway and its the missing category !

^^^

Yea no platformer ;) Sorry but even if I did add platform I couldnt add it to the poll, it just wouldn't fit, and can someone help me, I'm having trouble figureing out how to choose the game, im choosing 5 catogories each with 2 games... :S

^^^

Yea no platformer ;) Sorry but even if I did add platform I couldnt add it to the poll, it just wouldn't fit, and can someone help me, I'm having trouble figureing out how to choose the game, im choosing 5 catogories each with 2 games... :S

you should make it up to 3 games