Strongest competitive characters!

Raiden & Noob are a pretty well versed set up for me. I got my buddy to get the game over the weekend and he seemed to catch on with Smoke & Cyber Sub-Zero (Some how he was beating my ass with CSZ which blew my mind).

He has the easiest combos out of the entire cast IMO. You can loop his YXA three times for 27%, you don't even need to move, all you gotta do is input YXA.YXA.YXA, as for his corner combo you can loop BCK.AYX five times for a 43% dmg. Add in the fact that you can combo after his xray, the guy is a monster.

Haha, holy crap. I've been trying to get bk.A,X,Y Bicycle kick for 25%, but that is awesome. Couple of tries and I can get 12 hits for 31%, even hits mid. Tried to tie in the bk.A,X,Y for an extra juggle but I don't think it'd make a big difference.

Like everyone else has said, I'm a one man army with Noob Saibot. I was going to play Smoke as well, but Noob is just so fun to play that I completely forgot about Smoke.

But from what I've been seeing on testyourmight's tournament results board, Kung Lao, Ermac, and Reptile are seeing play the most.

According to the official strategy guide, Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, Raiden, and some other I don't remember, are top tier.

My best characters are Kung Lao and Kitana. Sonya, Cyrax, Kabal, Ermac, Nightwolf, Mileena and Jade are also pretty good to me. Sektor and Reptile too, I just need to get better with them.

Looking forward to when there are some in depth guides to characters, I like to idea of dabbling with Ermac, Baraka, Reptile, Shang Tsung.

Basically anyone badass that isn't Kung Lao.

Looking forward to when there are some in depth guides to characters, I like to idea of dabbling with Ermac, Baraka, Reptile, Shang Tsung.

It'll be a while before there's a well put together guide for characters. I give it a month or so. Two months max.

it's too early too say now for definite who is the best for competitive play. for know every character has has a lot of potential. i was watching some tournaments over at test yor might and the players their were choosing a variety of characters such as kung lao, noob, sonya, johnny cage and doing really well with each of these characters. each has their disadvantages and disadvages but overall they seem balanced. afterall NR have been working with the game for two years and we've barely had it a week.

nobody though nightwolf would be this good O_0

Haha, holy crap. I've been trying to get bk.A,X,Y Bicycle kick for 25%, but that is awesome. Couple of tries and I can get 12 hits for 31%, even hits mid. Tried to tie in the bk.A,X,Y for an extra juggle but I don't think it'd make a big difference.

Haha yea, def go with the bk.ayx as your go to corner loop, and at the end i think you can throw in a low fireball for a little extra damage too. You can add a flying kick after the three basic YXA chain as well, but it only adds an extra 2% of damage so i think it's better off not to add the kick, so you can keep close after the knockdown and apply even more pressure.

Starting your combo off with a Jump isn't a great start. I wouldn't doubt if you could land any of those jump combos in a tourny. Maybe online play...

Starting your combo off with a Jump isn't a great start. I wouldn't doubt if you could land any of those jump combos in a tourny. Maybe online play...

The jump punch is just there to add a little extra damage. You can do those combos without the jump punch, and the same applies to any combos that starts off with a jump.

Jump in punches are generally for keeping pressure, and if you manage to land one, try and combo after it.

Regardless of who the strongest character is, the current state of online is horrendous.

With nobody to play locally and the online being such a mess, I'm beginning to wish I'd picked up Portal 2..

I've been maining Sheeva. She's fun, and I'm betting that if I can get the air grab and the crouch grab down, she'll be boss.

I'm kind of wishy washy on my second character for tag teams. I started with Kabal, and he's fun, but then I started liking Sindel better. But then I started liking Mileena more, since she seems more technical. With Sindel I can't help but spam specials.

As for top teir, ERMAC. Picked him up a few times, and I can tell already. I see you're in the air over there... I'm gonna throw you.

I main Noob Saibot. As of right now, from what i've seen and tried out the top tiers in this game to me are Liu Kang, Mileena, Kung Lao, Smoke, Johhny Cage. This of course is going off their dmg output without the use of meter. Out of all the the characters in the game, I can safely say I'm terrified of Liu Kang.

He has the easiest combos out of the entire cast IMO. You can loop his YXA three times for 27%, you don't even need to move, all you gotta do is input YXA.YXA.YXA, as for his corner combo you can loop BCK.AYX five times for a 43% dmg. Add in the fact that you can combo after his xray, the guy is a monster.

i was told his 2,1,3 was an infinite. good thing it isn't though^_^don't want people using it online.

Regardless of who the strongest character is, the current state of online is horrendous.

With nobody to play locally and the online being such a mess, I'm beginning to wish I'd picked up Portal 2..

With that attitude, you should have. This is why fighting games weren't doing so well a few years back.

"Oh, I don't have a competitive scene in my backyard. No point in playing, right?" Depending on where you live, you might be able to travel and play with people. And besides, why would you buy Portal 2 when you just end up on the moon in the end anyways?

I've always been best with Scorpion. In this game, Kitana is easily my 2nd best, but I'm doing pretty good with Kano and Sonya. I really don't like Smoke in this game, and I've never been good with Cyrax or Sub-Zero.

I haven't played online yet, except against a few friends, and they're all pretty beastly with Sindel, Stryker, and Reptile.