Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guida vs Dos Anjos

• Hughes vs Almedia

• Nelson vs Dos Santos

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
[h=2]DA's Office: Case against MMA Fighter Jon 'Bones' Jones stalls with lack of police evidence[/h]http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S...0#.VZHn9PlVikr

The Bernalillo County District Attorney's Office says that Monday is the deadline for the state to move forward with the case against former UFC fighter Jon Jones, but the deadline will pass without ongoing charges against him.
Jones was booked on felony hit-and-run charges on April 27 and released the next day. The alleged hit-and-run happened the day before at Juan Tabo and Southern, when a car allegedly driven by Jones slammed into a pregnant woman. The suspect – identified by witnesses and police as Jones – then ran off before turning himself in the next day.

According to the police report, officers found marijuana and paperwork belonging to Jones at the scene of the crash as well.

DA spokesperson Kayla Anderson says that Jones has yet to be charged in a court of law because the state is still waiting on medical records for the alleged victim and dispatch reports in order to file charges or pursue a grand jury indictment.

The state had 60 days after Jones's conditions of release were set to present a case to the court, but Anderson said that without the necessary evidence, a judge would likely dismiss the case.

Since the deadline has passed, Jones currently has no pending case in the eyes of the court, according to Anderson.

She said the DA's Office has requested both pieces of outstanding evidence and "anticipates moving forward when [it] has a completed case investigation."
She said it was unclear if the police department's criminal investigation into the case is ongoing.

KOB has reached out to the Albuquerque Police Department for comment. We'll have more information from them shortly.
UFC stripped Jones of his light-heavyweight title and suspended indefinitely on April 28 for violations of the organization's code of conduct.

^^^^^ Does this mean Jones is going to get away with it????? [MENTION=18604]Tanya4eva[/MENTION]

Btw One day after McGregor calls the round Aldo pulls out. Really lost a lot of respect for the guy, I was looking so forward to that fight, fighters have fought with much worse injuries and made nothing of it.

^^^^^ Does this mean Jones is going to get away with it????? @Tanya4eva

Btw One day after McGregor calls the round Aldo pulls out. Really lost a lot of respect for the guy, I was looking so forward to that fight, fighters have fought with much worse injuries and made nothing of it.
not sure about the Jones situation but McGregor has a MUCH tougher style match up now with Mendez. He hasn't been training for a wrestler and this may deny McGregor's chance at the title. McGregor called Aldo pulling out of the fight months ago, LOL.
I would have preferred Frankie getting the call instead of Chad Mendez. Mendez is coming off a loss to Aldo and Frankie just beat Faber? Frankie also isnt going to control Conner on the ground for 5 rounds to squeak out a victory. Much more even match up IMO. Who knows Conner may have awesome TDD and counter wrestling.
All that promotion and hype down the drain. :dong:

FOOD for thought!!!!!!!

Aldo has pulled out of 5 fights (all scheduled outside of Brazil...)

UFC 126, UFC 149, UFC 153, UFC 176, and now UFC 189

All these scheduled outside of Brazil. Coincidence?

Last edited:
not sure about the Jones situation but McGregor has a MUCH tougher style match up now with Mendez. He hasn't been training for a wrestler and this may deny McGregor's chance at the title. McGregor called Aldo pulling out of the fight months ago, LOL.
I would have preferred Frankie getting the call instead of Chad Mendez. Mendez is coming off a loss to Aldo and Frankie just beat Faber? Frankie also isnt going to control Conner on the ground for 5 rounds to squeak out a victory. Much more even match up IMO. Who knows Conner may have awesome TDD and counter wrestling.
All that promotion and hype down the drain. :dong:

FOOD for thought!!!!!!!

Aldo has pulled out of 5 fights (all scheduled outside of Brazil...)

UFC 126, UFC 149, UFC 153, UFC 176, and now UFC 189

All these scheduled outside of Brazil. Coincidence?
I dont think its a coincidence, really the guy is a fecking joke! I dont even think Tito has dodged that many fights!
I also think Edgar would have been a tougher fight for McGregor as I think Mendes is too light and short for the Featherweight division and like we seen when he fought Aldo in the past his reach was a real problem and I cant see this been any different with McGregor. Mendes may try to press the pace but I see Conor picking him apart with punches and kicks (his tdd seemed good against Siver). I'm just sickened with Aldo tho :(.

@reikoiskahn
what do you think of the whole Aldo/McGregor Saga?

I appreciate you asking for my thoughts on it. Makes me smile, really! :)

I think McGregor has way too much hype. He is such a character, it is hard for me to take him seriously. He's looked skilled in his past fights but look at the guys he's beaten! Would you really consider many of them high caliber in terms of the UFC's top five standards for the featherweight division? I wouldn't. I'm upset that Aldo pulled out, don't get me wrong. I think he should give us what we want and just fight. I don't think he's scared of McGregor by any stretch of the word so my guess is he just doesn't want to fight with an injury, regardless of how minor. He's smart and wants to fight for many more years, in addition to making as much money as he can out of his career. I don't like it but I understand it. For what it is worth, though, I think Aldo would beat those ugly ass tattoos off of McGregor, bruised rib or not.

The way I see it, the fight will be going in McGregor's favor for a bit but, being the y guy he is, he underestimates Mendes and the fight goes to the ground. Before McGregor knows what hit him, the match is over and he leaves the same way he came in: without a title.

What do ye think of the new reebok deal? Is it fair on all the fighters? Should pay be based on the ranking system? What do you think of the designs? And what does this mean for brands like Tapout and Affliction who have been involved in MMA for many years?

(From a consumer standpoint I dont know about the reebok design I prefered Dethrone, Silverstar and Affliction which I occasionally bought, thought their designs were more unique)

Last edited:
The Reebok deal sucks ass for the fighters and what makes things worse is that the shirts they made look horrible and they suck major ass.

The only thing different about the shirts are the flags representing each fighter's nationality. God I was so disappointed when they revealed the designs, Reebok has always sucked and has always been subpar when compared to Adidas, Nike and Under Armour. No one is going to buy this overpriced garbage ($80-$95 USD for those ugly things).

I always bought GSP's Affliction Shirts because they had substance and style to them (also GSP's shirts didn't have flames, skulls and shit like that which are on other Affliction shirts). I was looking forward to buying a Reebok shirt to support my favourite fighter but not when they look that shitty.

I'm glad Jose pulled out of the fight, it wouldn't have been as appealing to watch him fight injured. Can't wait til next Saturday it'll be a great fight.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

The UFC is walking such a fine line with the contractor/employee topic. Fighters are contracted "workers", yet the UFC has insurance, uniforms, and mandatory random drug test. They get a fighter's likeness for games and merchandise, while maintaining the right to fire them at a whim. If the fighter had a Union, half the stuff the UFC gets away with wouldn't happen IMO.

He's toasted and has nothing left in the tank. I do like him tho.

Reebok deal is trash. It's either white or black shorts. No colour allowed.

Reebok deal is trash. It's either white or black shorts. No colour allowed.
It seems to me that Dana failed to see the great place his promotion was already at being the elite combat sport. I dont really like the direction he is going down with the fighter uniforms as I think what added to the personality to great legend of the sport was their shorts like Chuck Liddels and Mirko Cro Cop for instance, now we wont see that anymore as they all look the same more or less.

What I also find concerning is the whole new make over presentation that has been given to the sport. The Stemm Face The Pain theme which has become iconic to the sport as it has been present since the Zuffa takeover has been toned down to the extent that I barely even recognise it, such a shame as it had become iconic to the promotion like Wimbledon theme to tennis or the Champions League theme to football. It also annoys me me that the tale of the tape music is gone and the intro at the start where Anderson Vitor kick.

I think Dana's idea with this is to give his promotion a look of NBA or NFL but I think he is failing to realise that due to the nature of the sport its never going to be for everyone and I think that in his attempts in appeaing to the masses he is upseting his already loyal fanbase and some figthers too.

I'm boycotting the UFC for a while over their treatment of Stitch. That was unacceptable.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk