Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guida vs Dos Anjos

• Hughes vs Almedia

• Nelson vs Dos Santos

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Jones' is back in the gym training but........
http://www.worldboxingnews.co.uk/jones-back-to-the-gym-but-will-he-comeback-to-the-ring/

Former UFC champion Jon Jones is back in gym, following the accident fiasco which led his career and life into jeopardy. The former pound for pounds king might be reporting for training, but his coach has confirmed it is not yet decided whether he will resume his career in the UFC or other MMA promotions.....

Thats more of a positive thing for Jones I guess staying in the MMA athmosphere will do him good. Taking into account his superstar status I think the UFC will sign him back up after this situation has completely blown over. My concern would be how long will it be before we see him back in the octagon surely he will do jail time and will he be the same fighter if he returns. Personally I'd love to see a rematch with him and Cormier.

On a side note Anderson hearing delayed for the 4th time http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/9/8754049/anderson-silva-postpones-nac-hearing-diaz-ufc-news thoughts folks??

Sigh!!! I love ANDERSON but he should just take the lost on this one IMO. I feel he would have been better off claiming the steroid use for his broken leg recovery(even if untrue) and people would have at least understood.
His rep has already been damaged, and his refusal to be held accountable is tarnishing his legacy even more. There are already fighters and fans questioning his title run and reign.
Now if he is innocent(HUGE IF) then i guess i can understand not wanting to admit/accept it.

side note- [MENTION=10204]Substitute Zero[/MENTION], what are the odds for your boy to get the upset. Aldo's not to pleased you know. LOL
I wasn't a fan of Connor at first, but boy he has really brought life and interest into his division. BRAVO CONNOR!!!!
If Aldo wins i feel he'll move up to LW, if he loses instant REMATCH.

Sigh!!! I love ANDERSON but he should just take the lost on this one IMO. I feel he would have been better off claiming the steroid use for his broken leg recovery(even if untrue) and people would have at least understood.
His rep has already been damaged, and his refusal to be held accountable is tarnishing his legacy even more. There are already fighters and fans questioning his title run and reign.
Now if he is innocent(HUGE IF) then i guess i can understand not wanting to admit/accept it.

side note- [MENTION=10204]Substitute Zero[/MENTION], what are the odds for your boy to get the upset. Aldo's not to pleased you know. LOL
I wasn't a fan of Connor at first, but boy he has really brought life and interest into his division. BRAVO CONNOR!!!!

I think McGregor may very well pull it off. Aldo is not used to all this trash talk and this kind of intimidation and might let it get to him and I think he will find McGregor's unusual style and unpredictable difficult to deal with. McGregor has never fought an opponent of this class before but I believe he will rise to the occasion. It would be fecking brilliant if he does do it, this country will be brought to a standstill. Cant wait for the fight and all the build up.

As for Anderson I just really want him to be innoscent but I dont know he probably should have just called it quits after the second match with Weidman.

Pulling for Aldo because the ensuing chaos amongst McGregor fan boys that will occur if their boy loses will be beautiful to see.

Anderson Silva should've always said they were for rehab, he messed up hard and is continuing to mess up with these subsequent appeal delays.

I hope Jones comes back, it'll pull great numbers for the UFC.

I think Aldo will win but a McGregor win would cause pure CHAOS everywhere!!!!!!
:)
I believe that while not "rooting" for McGregor, the UFC has no issues with an Aldo lost (esp with his constantly complaining about pay).
McGregor is an active striker fighting a counter puncher, content to pick his spots. McGregor has a very good awareness of space and distance and a reach advantage over Aldo. But i do feel McGregor's stance makes him very vulnerable to those leg kicks from Aldo and as we know is a game changer. Aldo is known to have cardio issues from his weight cuts, if Connor can put enough offensive pressure on Aldo, perhaps in the championship rounds he can turn it up and finish the champ. Then again we dont know how good Connor's cardio is. All that i know is I am hoping for a GREAT fight.

LOL, you seem like a level headed fan, I'm talking about the ones that think they're all of a sudden MMA experts since the days of UFC 1, just because they found someone to obsessively get behind.
Yeah, I know the ones your on about, I also find them annoying. Since McGregor burst on the scene they have become plentiful here in Ireland. They think they know everything about it yet when you question them about stuff you can see the cracks in their claims. I think its hilarious when some of them claim to have never missed an event and seen all the SEG ones live on tv back in the day, the looks on their faces when you tell them that UFC only became availuable on tv (in Ireland) for the first time in 2002, priceless lol.

"Game Face" Film Starring Fallon Fox

GAME FACE will cover a wide spectrum of issues, Early in March 2013, Fallon Fox became known to the world as MMA’s first openly transgender woman.
GAME FACE was able to follow Fallon's journey before her public announcement and will also focus on the effect on her further career.

"Two years is the current understanding of the minimum amount of time necessary to obviate male hormone gender related advantages in sports competition. When it’s questioned if Fox could be stronger than her competitors, it is noted that sports is made up of competitors who, by definition, have advantages for all kinds of genetics reasons. It would be discriminatory to treat Fox differently than other athletes with potential genetic advantages"

-----
I am glad the hype/hysteria has died down but this is for anyone interested in a follow up with Fallon.....

"Two years is the current understanding of the minimum amount of time necessary to obviate male hormone gender related advantages in sports competition."

Such a biased quote right there, when there are many doctors who have disproved this as not concrete. As long as there isn't a definitive conclusion, Fox should not be allowed to fight. Period.

Fox is a horrible person too, when people bring up this legitimate concern, she pulls out the transphobe card so much as if it were itching her in her pocket. Disgusting person trying to use her status to guilt trip people.

Just my personal belief is.. Fallon should not be fighting in legalized combat sports. While i can sympatized with her situation, i dont feel she should be allowed to fight biologically born women (that don't have the benefit from her pre-hormone advantages)nor should she fight men.

pre-hormone advantages=
larger frame
denser bones
more natural strength
ect

ps- Fallon Fox has been beaten by bio-women in MMA so...... i guess the choice is the fighter's to make on whether they want to fight her.

Last edited:
I say this as a man with grandparents who immigrated to Canada from Dublin:

Aldo is going to whip Connor's overhyped Irish ass.

"Two years is the current understanding of the minimum amount of time necessary to obviate male hormone gender related advantages in sports competition."

Such a biased quote right there, when there are many doctors who have disproved this as not concrete. As long as there isn't a definitive conclusion, Fox should not be allowed to fight. Period.

Fox is a horrible person too, when people bring up this legitimate concern, she pulls out the transphobe card so much as if it were itching her in her pocket. Disgusting person trying to use her status to guilt trip people.

I always think you're protecting Incubus with the stuff you say when I reply to him (not throwing shots at him at all in THIS particular comment, though) but this quote proves you've got some balls and aren't afraid of calling people of the LGBTQ community out for their nonsense.

I always think you're protecting Incubus with the stuff you say when I reply to him (not throwing shots at him at all in THIS particular comment, though) but this quote proves you've got some balls and aren't afraid of calling people of the LGBTQ community out for their nonsense.
Honestly I don't care if people make positive gay jokes, or comments in jest that pertain to someone being gay. After all, it's fun and games. I do put my foot down however, when minorities in general play their minority card for situations where their minority status isn't being trampled on, but they play that card in an attempt to unfairly get ahead, or "win" so to speak. I'm part of a minority, I've never had to play my race card once in my life, so it makes me sick when others do it unjustly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

[h=2]UFC champion Jose Aldo underwent random drug test Thursday, but urine sample was discarded[/h]http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/11/8769011/ufc-champion-jose-aldo-underwent-random-drug-test-thursday-but-urine

Jose Aldo, who defends the UFC featherweight title against Conor McGregor on July 11, underwent an unannounced drug test on Thursday morning, however his urine sample won’t be sent to the lab.

6zsfp1.png
----
Things are heating up....... Can Aldo maintain his composure and keep his belt. Or will Connor buckle Aldo and bring the belt back to a nation of supporters. We shall see.... in the meantime Aldo will be re-tested.

Jose Aldo is the only one left[h=2]Fabricio Werdum submits Cain Velasquez with guillotine choke[/h]
CHb6MRoXAAAqSti.jpg:large

Jose Aldo is the only one left[h=2]Fabricio Werdum submits Cain Velasquez with guillotine choke[/h]
CHb6MRoXAAAqSti.jpg:large

Funny how much things have changed over the last three years or so.^^^

What did you think of the heavyweight title fight on Saturday? Whats next for Werdum? Do you think Cain will get a rematch or do you think they will offer someone else a shot for the title??

I hate immediate rematches, I hope either Arlovski or JDS is next. Cain got whupped, he needs a tune up fight.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

I find the heavyweight division very interesting in the fact that it so competitive and unpredictable. Most of the top ranked guys in it have been up there for the past 10 years and anyone is capable of beating anyone.

However I think Cain would struggle in a rematch with Werdum as we found out on Saturday his stand up is suprisingly far inferior to Werdum's and if they were to fight and I think again he would be to cautious of going for a take down. Strategically I'm not sure if Cain is capable of beating Werdum.

Has he really brought excitement to the division? I'm sorry but all of the stuff he does comes off exceptionally goofy. I'm speaking a personal standpoint, mind you, but I'm not anymore hyped to see this match than I would have been with any other one. I know Aldo is going to whoop his ass and keep the title. There's no suspended belief for me. Conor's antics of yelling and running off with the belt just make it seem like he's trying to sell the fight because he knows once he loses, it'll be his mouth that could potentially get him another shot after Aldo murders him.