Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Le@N
I know, I just wanted to show that it's possible to make this minigame in Mugen, because some people in this thread doubted that it's possible. It's great if Interloko is also able to do it. And I wrote about my project, because someone in this thread found my clip and asked about MK3 Shang Tsung.
By the way, as you could see in the title, my TYM version is not completed yet, so of course it's not perfect.
MK HD Remix is going to be amazing, so good luck with it.
I'm just wondering, if this is MK1 remix, then why Bleed made UMK3 Scorpion? And I even saw Motaro model in this thread.

Last edited:
@MGojira, you don't have to make kano portrait exactly like the original (IMO) since MrMos3s can handle a big part of that i believe.

@arq_hawkin
IMHO, the "roots/base of the hair" looks like hair implant. However, everything else (about the hair) looks excellent.
maybe a mixture of both your method and the first one Bleed used will make it look almost perfect.
I'm talking about when bleed used flat polygons and texture maps to make jhonny cage's hair. Those could be used just for the root so it looks more realistic.
Great Job on the shape of the hair by the way ;)

I want to try out the gun to see how well I can do. I'll let you know in a day or so if I'll need your help cal, thanks.

The scratches will be there. These are just prelim renders I did from zbrush. And I'm also waiting to get MrMos3s critique on this, and to let me know what he needs from me to finalize the portrait.

Here is a test with a larger mask

57.jpg

I like the larger masked Kano better. You know I'm going to say something about the ammo pack not being detailed though.:) I know you probably have them there just for scale and placement, but they need love. Lots of little details that will be visible in portrait and ending screens.

If this is MK1 remix, then why Bleed made UMK3 Scorpion? And I even saw Motaro model in this thread.

I was working on UMK3 Scorpion before Interloko asked me to join this project. I like to work on different characters, and it doesn't have anything to do with this game, I just like the way they look, how they play or whatever.

arq_hawkin, I think your SSS scale is too small, because he looks like he's glowing.

I think if the scale setting is too low, the model glows too much, and if it's too large the SSS is too subtle. Maybe I have it backwards, I haven't messed with the skin shader in a while.

Last edited:
I want to try out the gun to see how well I can do. I'll let you know in a day or so if I'll need your help cal, thanks.

The scratches will be there. These are just prelim renders I did from zbrush. And I'm also waiting to get MrMos3s critique on this, and to let me know what he needs from me to finalize the portrait.

Here is a test with a larger mask

View attachment 4888

I think this looks great sir. It seems ready to me once he's got his hair, whatever texture you were applying to the plate, and anything else you were going to do.

When you're ready you can give me his portrait, and I like the background you had for him as well, I'd prefer a layered PSD (or two seperate images) with the background separate from the portrait, which I'm sure was probably obvious. The 607x801 resolution that you're uploading now (or in that general are) would be great too.

Last edited:
Alright, .psd file labeled Portrait is in Kano's dropbox. Let me know if anything else is missing. And one thing, I didn't add any hair since all the attempts I made were pretty crap. Is it any trouble to paint it on in his image?