Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Ok, wanted to post this just for simple fact of me being happy with how it came out. Played around with the rendering and something that I thought looked better. BTW, MrMos3s, I'll be redoing the profile pic. The more I look at it, the more I hate it.

26.jpg

and yes, I know you guys don't like the eyes, but I just photoshopped it in because I like it. Won't be in the final product

Just for an experiment, I decided to mess with the after match on screen text. Just the flat text with a duplicate black drop shadow looks a little lo-fi to me, especially when paired with Bleed's work and the stages. So yeah, I made this little mockup with an alternate version of the "TIME BONUS" and "STRENGTH" pop up text. See what you guys think.

View attachment 4797

External Link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1uct2emlzg8pf3y

I like it. Makes it a lot easier to read.

Ok, wanted to post this just for simple fact of me being happy with how it came out. Played around with the rendering and something that I thought looked better. BTW, MrMos3s, I'll be redoing the profile pic. The more I look at it, the more I hate it.

View attachment 4798

and yes, I know you guys don't like the eyes, but I just photoshopped it in because I like it. Won't be in the final product

Wow Kano is looking better and better, but you are just working on the skin right? Cause the cloth is not As detailed as the skin, but I have to say.... Congrats bro!

View attachment 4798

Looks great, I sit here in anticipation for the portrait. ;)

Wow Kano is looking better and better, but you are just working on the skin right? Cause the cloth is not As detailed as the skin, but I have to say.... Congrats bro!

thank you sir. and yeah, all my effort has been poured into the rendering of his skin. everything else looks pretty poopy right now, but I will work on that

View attachment 4798

Hello Guys , As a huge MK franchise fan I am watching your project closely , and i have to say it is already looks almost better than the original in many ways. And Gojira, your model of Kano is incredible, can't wait to see the final render!!

Last edited:
Just for an experiment, I decided to mess with the after match on screen text. Just the flat text with a duplicate black drop shadow looks a little lo-fi to me, especially when paired with Bleed's work and the stages. So yeah, I made this little mockup with an alternate version of the "TIME BONUS" and "STRENGTH" pop up text. See what you guys think.

View attachment 4797

I like it! Very nice. The lifebar text can be more clear in the golden reflex.

Justin, I think the same effects you apply to TIME BONUS/STRENGTH you should also apply to DANGER. It will make a more consistent style overall.

Can you make a few more mock-ups to show us the remaining text, such as DOUBLE ICE BACK FIRE, FLAWLESS VICTORY, or DOUBLE FLAWLESS??

View attachment 4797

Justin, I think the same effects you apply to TIME BONUS/STRENGTH you should also apply to DANGER. It will make a more consistent style overall.

Can you make a few more mock-ups to show us the remaining text, such as DOUBLE ICE BACK FIRE, FLAWLESS VICTORY, or DOUBLE FLAWLESS??

Don't forget FINISHING BONUS.

Also I've noticed that above the lifebar it says PUSH START. Since technically you can't push start, (or insert coin like the arcade text says) should it not just say; "CPU". It's a very minor change to the original, but would make sure someone playing this game that is unfamiliar with MUGEN or MK1, wouldn't be trying to press start during the game and thinking it's broken.

After playing around this morning with the lifebars, I liked this:

9AkbtnO.jpg

Am I the only one who likes Jmanimal's version better? It's more MK1...!

I have nothing about Justin but I think his version takes a lot the MK1 vibe away... :/

Edit: Now I also like UNREALWINS version, and that Pit Bottom looks brutal (congratulations to Cal) :p

@UNREALWINS: Only critique... the weird texture in the red part of the bar. I see you re-did all letters, and I do like them all excepting the timer, which I think it's a little bit exagerated effect.

The blood in the fatality looks awesome, like heavy, like red glue... GROSS...!!! :D

Edit 2: I like UNREALWINS' version better. :congrats:

Edit 3: I think Reptile's blood should be green in the game tho...

Last edited:
Yeah, it looks pretty good except for the honeycomb(?) texture in the red part of the bar and the shading in the timer looks wobbly.. although part of the reason that's happening is because of downsizing and jpeg compression. Compression seems to play havoc with reds especially.

I didn't even notice the shading on the other words until I blew up the picture.

Still yeah, jpeg compression is messing the colors up there.

Well, while I make these observations you see what I did this just for distraction (sorry I didn't find the Scorpion at a higher resolution). I called "Why I didn't expect this!" hehe

SvekXAG.jpg

EDIT:

Here's the new image with observations and 100% JPG quality:

MK_2.jpg

MK_3.jpg

MK_41.jpg

Without black fatality background

MK_4.jpg

With black fatality background

Last edited:
Those letters are incredible...! Could you make more fakes? I love seeing how the game is going to look like with the stages and all :p

@UNREALWINS, holly s*** that looks great

I love the fact more people are getting involved, it makes this project feel alive more than ever