Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Honestly, I like the MK11 version of Skarlet better gameplay wise. I guess I'm more interested to zoner type of characters.
Everyone in MK11 is a zoner at this point.

I am fine if there are characters that have a strong zone game, but I don't understand why change the character that was introduced as rush down type.

I am fine if there are characters that have a strong zone game, but I don't understand why change the character that was introduced as rush down type.
Well, I don't know why either but I enjoy Skarlet more in MK11.

Same. When I played. I gave her a try. She plays nothing like MK9 version. That one was dope af.
That's always been NRS biggest problem post mk9 IMO. It's hard for me to get excited for a new game if they're just going to reinvent the wheel for every character. I'm fine with some change obviously, but making the older cast unrecognizable gameplay wise from their previous games is more destracting than engaging. I'm all about change to keep the games from getting stale but they need to strike a better balance.

Last edited:

You deadass have never played this game if you think thats the case lmfao

That's always been NRS biggest problem post mk9 IMO. It's hard for me to get excited for a new game if they're just going to reinvent the wheel for every character. I fine with some change obviously, but making the older cast unrecognizable gameplay wise from their previous games is more destracting than engaging. I'm all about change to keep the games from getting stale but they need to strike a better balance.
This is why I can't stand MK11. Even basic things like Scorpion's spear doesn't behave the same way anymore. Burn meter to prevent that lame sword strike? Come on.... Why can't it just behave the same way as in MK9?

Then comes Jade...Compare MK9 to MK11. All the inputs are now screwed up and moves behave differently as well. I was playing MK9 with MisuCra, then jumped to MK11 and... it didn't go well. Everything you learn in a previous game means fuck all in the new one. 3 games they had, and they still are screwing around.

You deadass have never played this game if you think thats the case lmfao
Nope. Never played it.

Untitled-2.png20210215010716_1.jpg20210215010807_1.jpg
20210215011409_1.jpg

No fookin clue what I am talking about. Zero experience. I just like to bash stuff, without any research.

You're correct. MK11 isn't a projectile sh%t fest. It is a perfectly balanced game, where watching a match is the pinnacle of entertainment and definitely doesn't want to make you fall asleep, as both fighters don't abuse the limitations of 2.5 environment with projectiles/teleports.

Nah nah. It is PURE FUN.

You're correct. MK11 isn't a projectile sh%t fest. It is a perfectly balanced game, where watching a match is the pinnacle of entertainment and definitely doesn't want to make you fall asleep, as both fighters don't abuse the limitations of 2.5 environment with projectiles/teleports.

Nah nah. It is PURE FUN.
Trust that having a lot of hours in a game doesn't make you immune to having shit hot takes.

Arguable top 5: Jacqui, Joker, Liu Kang, Cetrion & Johnny Cage.
Only one of them is truly a zoner. We can throw Shang in there too if it helps you sleep at night

Trust that having a lot of hours in a game doesn't make you immune to having shit hot takes.

Only one of them is truly a zoner. We can throw Shang in there too if it helps you sleep at night
I completely agree with the first statement. Hence why I hope that you would understand that you're not immune from having a shit hot take.

"Argument" aside. You missed my point. What I was saying is that MK11 is a projectile fest. My statement "Everyone in MK11 is a zoner at this point." wasn't supposed to be taken LITERALLY. But again this is internet. It is natural to flare up over smallest shit. Could have just asked for clarification, but I guess acting like a kid sounds better.

Everyone has either a teleport or projectile. On one hand it is understandable, cause if you have a character that doesn't have any of those features, it will be massacred. But in return that drops quality of versus matches, as now you have people learn 1 combo, and then watch them spam projectiles against you and if you get closer, they will attempt to unleash the combo. Easy to crack, but boring gameplay wise.

On higher level, players obviously don't depend on projectiles as much. But that will just lead to another type of slugfest of same shit on repeat. But those higher level players are such a minority, that you can easily call MK11 zoner fest.

So that tier list of yours doesn't mean two shits to me, as people just use the cheapest character they can get their hands on for easy wins. I can safely say that over 80% percent of my online matches, my opponents either abused teleport or tried to zone me (even with a character, that wasn't even a zoner.)

You're basically trying to tell me how shit is going beyond the wall, when I just came back from the said place.

Sheeva_Render.png

I completely agree with the first statement. Hence why I hope that you would understand that you're not immune from having a shit hot take.

"Argument" aside. You missed my point. What I was saying is that MK11 is a projectile fest. My statement "Everyone in MK11 is a zoner at this point." wasn't supposed to be taken LITERALLY. But again this is internet. It is natural to flare up over smallest shit. Could have just asked for clarification, but I guess acting like a kid sounds better.

Everyone has either a teleport or projectile. On one hand it is understandable, cause if you have a character that doesn't have any of those features, it will be massacred. But in return that drops quality of versus matches, as now you have people learn 1 combo, and then watch them spam projectiles against you and if you get closer, they will attempt to unleash the combo. Easy to crack, but boring gameplay wise.

On higher level, players obviously don't depend on projectiles as much. But that will just lead to another type of slugfest of same shit on repeat. But those higher level players are such a minority, that you can easily call MK11 zoner fest.

So that tier list of yours doesn't mean two shits to me, as people just use the cheapest character they can get their hands on for easy wins. I can safely say that over 80% percent of my online matches, my opponents either abused teleport or tried to zone me (even with a character, that wasn't even a zoner.)

You're basically trying to tell me how shit is going beyond the wall, when I just came back from the said place.

Lmao that's basic fighting games. No doubt people want you to take free damage before the fighting up close happens. Just because you're getting clapped by Kotal's single projectile doesn't make MK11 a "zonefest".

Lmao that's basic fighting games. No doubt people want you to take free damage before the fighting up close happens. Just because you're getting clapped by Kotal's single projectile doesn't make MK11 a "zonefest".
Oh boi. And this is why I said, that people who start running their mouth about "hot shit takes" tend to be the biggest offenders.

You didn't just miss the point. You flew past it and smacked in a completely different galaxy.

"That's basic fighting games." More like a basic hot shit take from a guy, who'd rather jump the gun and embarrass himself than ask a question.

Let me check other fighting games.

Tekken. Projectile/long range based characters and close range characters = Diverse battles.
Street Fighter. Projectile/long range characters and close range characters = Diverse battles.
Blaz Blue. Projectile/long range and close = Diverse battles.
Guilty Gear, etc

MK11 on other hand... everyone has a projectile or teleport, which leads to one thing.

Same shit, different character. The Kombat League is a joke. I spent less than a week on Frost moves and climbed to the top levels of Kombat League. Had hundreds of battles and vast majority of them felt like playing against same player.

Didn't matter what character they picked. Be it Joker or Jade or Scorpion. The situation is mostly the same.

Back away, back away. Start shooting or throwing spear. If you move in, they either use a shadow kick or teleport to send you flying and then repeat the process.

Of course you often get a player that decides to get close and personal, but once you start beating their a$$, they either resort to the tactic mentioned above or....

20200508103248_1.jpg20200513080357_1.jpg

There is a reason why people barely watch MK11 tourneys. You saw one tournament, you have seen them all. Now of course that doesn't decide if the game is good in itself, but it does say a lot about its depth. (Not to mention MK11 was supposed to be this "ESPORTS focused game")

Every character I have faced, had an option to spam shit. And pretty much every character can fall to the same tactics. I literally just used one build of Frost entire time. There was absolutely zero reasons for me to change or adjust something. It was the same back and forth. Once I realized that there is absolutely zero reason for me to adjust my gameplay and I just set to one build, I started winning battles constantly one after another. Didn't matter who was the opponent. All I had to do was just pay attention if they can throw a projectile or can use teleport.

And the worst part? I am not even a good fighting game player. Yet the game is so dumbed down, that someone like me with average skills can walk in and climb up the ranks with no issues.

P.S To be fair. Not sure how Kotal Kuck plays. I will tell you once I will get to face him online (which is pretty much is never as thank you. I prefer not to lose brain cells to same shit over and over again.) All I got was Jades/Liu Kangs and Scorpions mostly.

Last time I played the game, was I think after their made variations custom even for ranked. So unless I missed something and they didn't unlock variations (didn't check specifically) or that shit mattered so little, that I saw no difference gameplay wise.

Long story short. You can sell me all the shit in the world, but it doesn't change my opinion, that the game is a Projectile/Teleport fest. Maybe I just went to the wrong online modes? Who knows? I did saw a lot of people talking shit about how much Kombat league sucks. Buuut... In the end, it doesn't really matter. Game is so dumbed down and characters have such limited move sets, that I would rather play DEAD OR ALIVE 6 multiplayer with open mics, than experience that shit again. I gave the game a fair chance and it pissed me off even more. Even victories there felt hollow.

That's always been NRS biggest problem post mk9 IMO. It's hard for me to get excited for a new game if they're just going to reinvent the wheel for every character. I'm fine with some change obviously, but making the older cast unrecognizable gameplay wise from their previous games is more destracting than engaging. I'm all about change to keep the games from getting stale but they need to strike a better balance.
Amen to that. You can't invest yourself into characters anymore, cause next game that rush down character you liked? Will be a grappler for all you know.

I tried Skarlet and even tried to use that nonsensical variation system, to build a Skarlet that was as close as possible to MK9 version. Not even close.

Well to be fair, MK9 Skarlet had both Projectiles and Teleport. They were basically crap at worst and situational at best. It also made sense to give Projectiles/Hitscan to characters since you could build some meter with it. Game was simply built differently.

Just compare MK9 Sheeva to MK11, and that paints the entire picture. She too had Projectiles and a Teleport (Stomp). Bottom tier in MK9, Tournament tier/NRSBanTier in MK11.

Last edited:
Well to be fair, MK9 Skarlet had both Projectiles and Teleport. They were basically crap at worst and situational at best. It also made sense to give Projectiles/Hitscan to characters since you could build some meter with it. Game was simply built differently.

Just compare MK9 Sheeva to MK11, and that paints the entire picture. She too had Projectiles and a Teleport (Stomp). Bottom tier in MK9, Tournament tier/NRSBanTier in MK11.
Yeah, but that's the thing. She didn't need to depend on them. You could get in the face with her. She had quite a lot of good rush down options to catch the player off guard.

I think that that's also because (iirc), MK9 Sheeva had a shitty hit-box and her low grab constantly whiffed.
There were other factors to why Sheeva was also garbage tier in MK9, if I'm not wrong, but those 2 things were the main things I remember about her in MK9 that stood out from the top of my mind.
I feel like they addressed those things in MK11, but at the same time the people who usually pick her in MK11 (according to people moaning about it online) tend stick to the same 2 moves Teleport Stomp and the ground Tremor.
People online usually tend to try to pick the characters that they feel are easy to get cheap wins with (like Scorpion and Liu Kang), but you'll hardly ever see a Sheeva player online who's taken the time to get good with her and doesn't just try to repeatedly do the same 2 or 3 special moves.

I think that that's also because (iirc), MK9 Sheeva had a shitty hit-box and her low grab constantly whiffed.
There were other factors to why Sheeva was also garbage tier in MK9, if I'm not wrong, but those 2 things were the main things I remember about her in MK9 that stood out from the top of my mind.
I feel like they addressed those things in MK11, but at the same time the people who usually pick her in MK11 (according to people moaning about it online) tend stick to the same 2 moves Teleport Stomp and the ground Tremor.
People online usually tend to try to pick the characters that they feel are easy to get cheap wins with (like Scorpion and Liu Kang), but you'll hardly ever see a Sheeva player online who's taken the time to get good with her and doesn't just try to repeatedly do the same 2 or 3 special moves.
It's not even that.

Sheeva's Stomp could easily be punished and/or dodged. Remember, you could dash in either direction in MK9. You could just jump as well, considering Sheeva's Stomp did not have these variable frames nonsense like it does in MK11. MK9 had plenty of anti-airs as well. Even someone like Jade could easily punish Sheeva with a 30%+ combo, and I imagine Cyrax would just flatout destroy her. That's why Sheeva was the bottom of the bottom tier, crap tools, crap combos, and those moves weren't Tournament Worthy like in MK11.

I kinda hate Scorpion's new look and attacks. I liked how it looked in MKX.
His default kinda sucks, the pseudo-MK2 looks the best. What they've done to his staple Spear move is a sin.

Last edited:
I had a great combo with Scorpion (MKX), but I can't do the combo in MK11.
Compared to MKX, there are no combos in MK11. Watching NinjaKilla use MK11 Liu Kang, is like watching someone trying to run without legs. MKX had its own problems, but the shit people could pull off there, was insane. And strangely enough MKX was the one that introduced variation system, but at least it didn't butcher character moves like MK11 did.