Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussion Media Thread

Just... please... reveal that "bigger/better" mode. I wanna take my money and never watch this garbage again... Please... RELEASE ME FROM THIS TORMENT

I might be the only one who would actually want Darrius to be playable, he looks cool af during his little kameo moments.
I should really know better after MK11 and I know MK1 is going to be disappointing, but the Geras trailer got me a little hyped. Geras looked pretty cool to play.

Strange they went with Geras from MK11 instead of Reptile or another 3d era character. Makes me wonder how many MK11 characters are returning. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Kombat kids show up on the main roster again and the rest of the 3d cast is kombat pack 2 DLC or Kameos.

Strange they went with Geras from MK11 instead of Reptile or another 3d era character. Makes me wonder how many MK11 characters are returning. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Kombat kids show up on the main roster again and the rest of the 3d cast is kombat pack 2 DLC or Kameos.
Uhh the entire roster has been leaked already. Derptile is in. No kombat kids.

If your taking about the thiny leaked roster than Geras wasn't part of the leaked list ether. That kinda throws a monkey wrench into real roster Unless your referring to a different source.

I might be the only one who would actually want Darrius to be playable, he looks cool af during his little kameo moments.
I should really know better after MK11 and I know MK1 is going to be disappointing, but the Geras trailer got me a little hyped. Geras looked pretty cool to play.
Nah, I'd also like for him to be playable DLC and Darrius is a perfect example of how someone who may not have been as liked before in the 3D era could be remade to fit with a modern day MK.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but ANY MK character from ANY era could be revamped and made to work with a modern day MK game IF people are willing to give them a chance.
People are so stuck in the head that NRS = Midway when it comes to playable characters and Quan Chi, Kenshi, Tanya, Shinnok and Fujin are proof that that isn't always the case and they can also give us some awesome revamped characters.
If your taking about the thiny leaked roster than Geras wasn't part of the leaked list ether. That kinda throws a monkey wrench into real roster Unless your referring to a different source.
There were 2 leakers......r000r which leaked the 19 characters and then there was another dude (DiamondVision) who leaked 4 other characters..... General Shao, Rain, Baraka and Geras.
So far the DiamondVision dude's 4 characters have been correct, even with General Shao and Sindel being originally in Rain's bio, then being removed.

Funnily enough Boon is teasing Reptile before Evo apparently so that's a thing.
I don't really get the random picture of a KFC/Taco bell. Maybe Boon got a case of the taco shits back in the 90's and while he was blowing up the toilet...on second thought forget I said anything lol.

Last edited:
I don't really get the random picture of a KFC/Taco bell. Maybe Boon got a case of the taco shits back in the 90's and while he was blowing up the toilet...on second thought forget I said anything lol.
My guess is that Boon and Tobais one day (when they were working on the 1992 MK1) were like "let's go grab a bite to eat" and while they were at a KFC / Taco Bell 1 of them had thought up the idea to include Reptile as a secret character. Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Dell, Mattel, Amazon and Walt Disney all started out in garages and Boon was probably relating a similar story with the KFC / Taco Bell.
That's what I took from it.

As for Evo, I hope that if they're showing Reptile that it's not just him and that we get like another 2 playable characters (from the 3D era) also shown, like the Umgadi trailer that not only confirmed Baraka as playable but also gave us Tanya and Li Mei and kameo Darrius.

He could just be referring to the location and not the buildings themselves. Like you mentioned earlier about big companies starting out in humble beginnings. Ether way you see it, it's a weird way to tease a MK character but that's Boon for ya.

Last edited:
I'm fucking excited as hell to have Ashrah, Havik and kameo Sareena!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!!
Was hoping that Sareena would be be main roster, but at this fucking rate with Kenshi, Li Mei, Tanya, Ashrah and Havik all being confirmed I'll use kameo Sareena in thousands of matches and hopefully so much that they decide to put her in as DLC.
Not too wild about the design for Reptile when he does his special moves, but it seems like they're trying waaaaaaaaay too hard to appease 2 different types of fans with him. Dunno. Should have stuck to 1 design for him, but I guess it works.

Last edited:
I'm fucking excited as hell to have Ashrah, Havik and kameo Sareena.
Was hoping she'd be main roster, but at this fucking rate I'll use kameo Sareena and hopefully so much that they decide to put her in as DLC.
Not too wild about the design for Reptile when he does his special moves, but it seems like they're trying waaaaaaaaay too hard to appease 2 different types of fans with him. Dunno. Should have stuck to 1 design for him, but I guess it works.
This is wild. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, sure, but everyone's been clamoring for Human Reptile for a long time. This was definitely the right move. Him being able to shapeshift in mid-fight differentiates him from the other ninjas.

I guess that leak was right. If so, honestly as much as I shit on WB/NRS i gotta give credit where it is due. What the f*****k took them so looong tho?
My only komplaint is why the fuck they keep unmasking the ninjas? None of them except subz can pull it off, it never sat well with me seeing the rest of the ninjas unmasked, I feel like they lost that enigma n mysteriousness for that I cant take them serious anymore. Reptile human form look like a straight sissy. Why tf they make Sareena kameo? Yo once again I appricate the effort they're somewhat putting into this game, but the goth queen is tooo good of kharacter just for an kameo.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, sure, but everyone's been clamoring for Human Reptile for a long time.
Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and you simultaneously decided to shit on mine all while also misunderstanding me.
I don't personally give a shit for his dinosaur look.
It's goddamn fucking obvious that that's just MY opinion.
Didn't care for the dinosaur look in the 3D era or the 2021 move and don't care for that look now.
This was definitely the right move. Him being able to shapeshift in mid-fight differentiates him from the other ninjas.
I wasn't talking about that, but rather his dinosaur look.
Again, not too wild about that look, but I get it.
It just seems (in my opinion, again) like they're trying way too hard to appease BOTH fans...... the fans of the reptilian / dinosaur look AND the fans of the Human look.
Best compromise (imo) would have been his MKII with the lizard head or Shaolin Monks type of look, imo.
Most people would have wanted the human look, and yes, again, I understand WHY the shapeshifting is there from human to lizard, just not too wild about the lizard / dinosaur look.

I guess that leak was right. If so, honestly as much as I shit on WB/NRS i gotta give credit where it is due. What the f*****k took them so looong tho?
My only komplaint is why the fuck they keep unmasking the ninjas? None of them except subz can pull it off, it never sat well with me seeing the rest of the ninjas unmasked, I feel like they lost that enigma n mysteriousness for that I cant take them serious anymore. Reptile human form look like a straight sissy. Why tf they make Sareena kameo? Yo once again I appricate the effort they're somewhat putting into this game, but the goth queen is tooo good of kharacter just for an kameo.
The word "sissy" will get you banned here. I'd be careful tossing that around.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and you simultaneously decided to shit on mine all while also misunderstanding me.
I don't personally give a shit for his dinosaur look.
It's goddamn fucking obvious that that's just MY opinion.
Didn't care for the dinosaur look in the 3D era or the 2021 move and don't care for that look now.

I wasn't talking about that, but rather his dinosaur look.
Again, not too wild about that look, but I get it.
It just seems (in my opinion, again) like they're trying way too hard to appease BOTH fans...... the fans of the reptilian / dinosaur look AND the fans of the Human look.
Best compromise (imo) would have been his MKII with the lizard head or Shaolin Monks type of look, imo.
Most people would have wanted the human look, and yes, again, I understand WHY the shapeshifting is there from human to lizard, just not too wild about the lizard / dinosaur look.
Didn't shit on anything. If I wanted to shit on it, I'd say, "This is a stupid ass take on it." I didn't say that, nor do I think that, Commander. It's wild to me because you're the only person I've seen so far not be head over hills for the design. It's especially curious to me because the fans of Human Reptile outweigh the others by a large margin if we're going off of social media comments and the like. Lastly, NRS "trying too hard to please both fans" is literally what they should be doing; their goal is to sell games and make fans happy. Not sure why you have a problem with that.

Didn't shit on anything. If I wanted to shit on it, I'd say, "This is a stupid ass take on it." I didn't say that, nor do I think that, Commander. It's wild to me because you're the only person I've seen so far not be head over hills for the design. It's especially curious to me because the fans of Human Reptile outweigh the others by a large margin if we're going off of social media comments and the like. Lastly, NRS "trying too hard to please both fans" is literally what they should be doing; their goal is to sell games and make fans happy. Not sure why you have a problem with that.
Holy shit!
You're still misinterpreting me.
I never said that the Human look was bad nor that the human look isn't what fans wanted, ffs........
Don't know where you're pulling that shit form.

I just said that I didn't care for the dinosaur look, and I sure as shit know that I'm not the only one on that.
You're trying to argue with me on the human / humanoid look stance, when were on the same boat.
No need to fucking argue that.
I'm NOT debating that.

The 3D era lizard tail / dinosaur look for Reptile is the least popular look and you can look for yourself on the MKLeaks reddit with people really hating that design, so I know that I sure as hell am not the only one in that regard.