MK Kompletions

ratman

I did a search here and didnt find anything for "kompletions" which is the title, so I dont know if it was posted here beforee, but I found this in my random travels and figured I should post a link here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3175816189644047177&q=kombat

Don't know how much of it was real, nobody was THAT cheap at my arcade back in the day, if that stuff was even possible. Maybe they had to enable that endless run code or something.
Regardless, still fun to watch.

I've seen that video so many time's. It is so awesome. Everytime you watch it, you will find something you didn't see previously.

Here's some other funny MK ones I found while bored at work on google vidoes. Yes I work today, tomorrow and the day after, but I get doubletime so its all good, bling bling. :)

There were a lot of fan made MK video crap there, most sucked, but here's ones I think are good enough to link.

UMK3 (Julian vs Lex)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4231948323359880559&q=mortal+kombat
Rat's comments: just a pretty good close match. The 2nd one I think the other guy let him just do an almost 100% combo. (And damn the guy that was subzero was such a damn turtler, i hate those guys)

Mortal Kombat LA PELICULA
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7356511607150727925&q=mortal+kombat
Rat's comments: pretty well done immitation of a MK1 fight done in live action

scorp vs raiden
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4369886652616723881&q=mortal+kombat
Rat's comments: not as "accurate", and you end up laughing at it during a lot of it, but still pretty good I think. I can see doing something like this at haloween time. :)

Some clarifications and responses:

Don't know how much of it was real, nobody was THAT cheap at my arcade back in the day, if that stuff was even possible. Maybe they had to enable that endless run code or something.
Regardless, still fun to watch

Yes it's all real, no codes were used except infinite time and health codes, but about 99% of the stuff is unusable in actual gameplay, it's all for show. We've adapted a lot of it however in some way to work in matches. 99% of the combos are completely unblockable after the first hit, I think maybe a dozen or so combos out of maybe 300 in all our videos have something about them that is always blockable. Go to www.darktemplarz.com/combovideos to check out the 7 other UMK3/PSX MKT combo videos, and there is another one on the way.

I've seen that video so many time's. It is so awesome. Everytime you watch it, you will find something you didn't see previously.

Thanks, sometimes I notice new things myself!

Thats pretty cool. I think we have a member called DreemerNJ...

DreemerNJ is a personal friend of mine I grew up with and together our love of UMK3 and MKT respectively has produced a legacy of combo videos that have reawakended interest in the game dramatically.

Rat's comments: just a pretty good close match. The 2nd one I think the other guy let him just do an almost 100% combo. (And damn the guy that was subzero was such a damn turtler, i hate those guys)

That is a match video from East Coast Championships 10 in Dunellen NJ back in May which I attended and placed 3rd under the two best players in the world, Lex and Moe from Chicago. Julian is also an excellent player and he is well known for his turtling and unorthodox character selection. He didn't "allow" him to do the 99% (potential 100% and obvious infinite scenario), it was because he did an early jump kick and Lex scouted it, setting up one of his infamous Kung Lao kill combos. There's no escape except the person's probablity of screwing it up. It's not as easy as it looks, especially getting someone out of the corner like that on the first shot. You can hear me say as Lex begins the devastation "This is on tape" cause I was taping lol.

I have posted that a million times.
http://darktemplarz.com/
Ive even been thanked by dreemernj himself for posting them...
/name dropping

And now you are thanked by me, thanks man, never a such thing as too much exposure.

Shock

*sigh* The good old days when MK was so cheap...

Man I wish I could remember how to pull off the long insane combos... Its the only thing I could never do. :oops:

Haha, the first video is brilliant. I will have to show all my mates this, I have never seen combo's as good as these before. The beginning of the video is hilaurious with the babality, lol.

is it easier to combo in UMK3 then in trilogy? I believe so because in trilogy I think they patched it up to make infinites HARDER. Also, there are some moves in trilogy that cant be used after a certain amount of hits. Like rain's water ball thing that gives you control over the opponents body, and reptiles force ball, and maybe others can't be used after 4 hits. is there any otheer proof?

DAVE101 said:
is it easier to combo in UMK3 then in trilogy? I believe so because in trilogy I think they patched it up to make infinites HARDER. Also, there are some moves in trilogy that cant be used after a certain amount of hits. Like rain's water ball thing that gives you control over the opponents body, and reptiles force ball, and maybe others can't be used after 4 hits. is there any otheer proof?

Greatest Hits MKT for PSX is almost identical to UMK3 for the arcade.
Older version of MKT for PSX have much easier comboing.
Any Version of MKT for N64 is astronomically easier to combo in then UMK3 for the arcade.

The move disabling is pretty much the same between greatest hits MKT for PSX and UMK3 for the arcade. There are minor tweaks here and there. The biggest would be Kung Lao's spin which is more limited in MKT, but really other then that there isn't much difference.

There are ways around the move disabling rules (i.e. a move stops working after 4 hits). For one thing, the hits have to add to the combo meter to cause the disabling. Sindel's scream disables if you get more then 2 hits before it, but you can get aa HP, scream, aa hp, hp, scream, aahp, scream, aa hp scream because the punch that knocks them out of the scream does not add to the combo.

You can also glitch cancel. That is cancel an aa hp to a special move on the hit that should disable it. Basically its canceling the punch on the frame that connects to the opponent. When you do that you can get the HP then the special when the HP is supposed to disable the special.