Liu Kang Thread - "Face Me, In Mortal Kombat!"

I finally made a new combo. I call it Liu Kangs Corner Xray Kombo!!!!!!

It's quite hard to do but with practice and good timing you can pull it off .

it's a 13 hit 45% damage combo.

F+2 4, Xray, b+3 1 2, b+3 1 2, b+3 1 2.

It's really a 15 hit but the F +2 4 move counts as a 2 hit, but it does give you a free chance for the X-ray. Video will be up later.

Sorry for the double post, but I just found out with this combo that if you time the B+3 just as the opponent hits the ground right after the X-Ray, it can reset them that you can add more hits. F+2, 4, X-Ray, B+3 (time it perfectly as the opponent just about landed the floor), 1, 2, B+3, 1, 2, B+3, 1, 2, B+3, 1, 2- 16 Hits 49%

Last edited:
@Dragon, I didn't write the tatics and all those. I just did the kombos, videos, bio, ending, and finishing moves.

Talk to 13 if you want.

any tips vs smart kang players? just had my csz's butt handed to me 6 times in a row (matches, not rounds) and i dont think i won a single one.

im not even sure what it was even. but i couldnt block his strings worth crap, and then id just sit there getting juggled with the same 3 moves over and over and over to infiniti it seemed. and when he pressured (broken repeated strings) i couldnt get a single punch or kick in, i spent a entire match just trying to do that whenever he pressured me whiel i was blocking, couldnt find an opening to get a punch in a single time.

hell id be winning the entire time, get him to about 50% and id make one wrong move and get juggled to the wall and wed be dead even again :/

he was a good player tho. he always managed to block my strings and even fuzzy block some of my mixups (even the very first time i used em!)

I'm not really a CSZ player so I wouldn't know what to do. Breaker is all I kan tell you.

The B3 2 1 kombo is the only kombo I kan't do. I do other kombos instead. I like to have a fair fight and let the other player hit me.

I only do it once and follow up with another kombo.

I'm not really a CSZ player so I wouldn't know what to do. Breaker is all I kan tell you.

The B3 2 1 kombo is the only kombo I kan't do. I do other kombos instead. I like to have a fair fight and let the other player hit me.

I only do it once and follow up with another kombo.

It's B3,1,2, I believe?

Very impressive Aldo. The only combo I can do with Liu Kang is X-Ray + Bicycle Kick cause I'm not 2 good at this game.

Very impressive Aldo. The only combo I can do with Liu Kang is X-Ray + Bicycle Kick cause I'm not 2 good at this game.

Try the J+2 2 1 3 3 3 4
That's the easiest kombo in the world.

If you think you got that down really easy, do the 1st 6 commands then the X-Ray.

Hey, what can I do to get in on people after I block a basic combo of theirs. Say with Scorpion his 1,1,1 or Sub-Zero's 2,2,2 it pushes back. Then when I move in they are blocking already.

Ok, call me an idiot, but i have no idea what half these kombos even mean, J+2 2 1 2??? what is that ??? Sorry if im missing something but can someone tell me because i want to try that last one.

Anyways, Here are the Liu kang kombos that I use:
(Jp = Jump punch)

f43 enhanced dragon kick

jp,213,12b1,dash,b312,dash,b31 dragon kick (can add another b312 against corner)

jp,213,f12,f12,b31 bicycle kick

b312,dash,b312,dash,b312,dash,b312,dash,b312

jp,b3Xray,dash,b312,dash, b312,dash,b312

213,dash,213,dash,213,dash,21 bicycle kick

213,b121,dash,b121,dash,334

Hope these are useful.

Last edited:
Ok, call me an idiot, but i have no idea what half these kombos even mean, J+2 2 1 2??? what is that ??? Sorry if im missing something but can someone tell me because i want to try that last one.

Anyways, Here are the Liu kang kombos that I use:
(Jp = Jump punch)

f43 enhanced dragon kick

jp,213,12b1,dash,b312,dash,b31 dragon kick (can add another b312 against corner)

jp,213,f12,f12,b31 bicycle kick

b312,dash,b312,dash,b312,dash,b312,dash,b312

jp,b3Xray,dash,b312,dash, b312,dash,b312

213,dash,213,dash,213,dash,21 bicycle kick

213,b121,dash,b121,dash,334

Hope these are useful.

Did they not work? If not, sorry. I was trying to think of the kombos on the top of my head.

And thank you.

EDIT: Sorry I was trying to think of that juggle but I got it now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:
I have made up some combos (which I don't remember atm.) that use b1, bicycle kick as the ender. It kind of demands practise because the input is strange. When you press the BACK in b1, you use that BACK as the first of the 2 in bicycle kick. Sounds confusing but actually works, any toughts on this?

New combo I made up (by accident too lol :D)

b+312,dash f+2,4,X-ray, (from here you can do a number of things like a Bicycle Kick,more juggle combos etc etc...)

Edit:

Last edited:
i'm beginning to play Liu Kang again..i come in here looking for advice but this is probably the smallest character thread here in trmk...how come other character thread reach over five pages but there's only two pages for this one??? i hope people would put up more videos and strategies... btw very good thread :)