Lets see those gaming rigs!!!

I am calling out all those PC gamers on here. I love checking out other gamers' gaming setups. I'll start. I just upgraded my setup and figured i would share. I have a Corsair obsidian 350D case, an ASUS Z87 Gryphon MATX board, an i5 4670K overclocked to 4.5GHz (liquid cooled), 2 Nvidia GTX780's in SLI, 16GB of Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz RAM, an RM750 watt power supply, 2TB HDD, 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, a K70 RGB keyboard and mouse (M65 RGB), a 27" led monitor, and a bunch of Corsair static pressure/ airflow fans cooling everything down. My next upgrade (hopefully) will be a 32" 2650p X 1440p monitor @ 120Hz or 144Hz. Without further a do, here is my rig.
986ozr.jpg
[/IMG]
rm5zye.jpg
[/IMG]
2nau0qo.jpg
[/IMG]

I have an okay rig, nothing flashy though, no LEDS or liquid cooling.

Specs:
2 GTX 780s SLI
i7 4770K
Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 Motherboard
Big ass Noctua Cooler
Silverstone Tek FT02B Case
2 TB HDD & 1 TB SSD

My mouse is my trusty ol' logitech g9x which I dont think I will ever change.

I was using a nice compact cherry mx red mechanical keyboard until the backspace key stopped working, so now Im using an old razer keyboard of mine.

My monitor is a 27 inch 120 hertz BenQ monitor

Tell me this. Is there really a big difference between 60Hz and 120Hz? Im on the fence about my monitor upgrade. I was thinking of a higher res (2560x1440) or just sticking with 1080p and getting a 120Hz or a 144Hz

Tell me this. Is there really a big difference between 60Hz and 120Hz? Im on the fence about my monitor upgrade. I was thinking of a higher res (2560x1440) or just sticking with 1080p and getting a 120Hz or a 144Hz

There is a noticeable difference. However its not like its MUCH better, I still think 60fps looks fine. Its not like the difference between 30 and 60, because personally I think 30 fps looks ****ing disgusting.

Also here is a picture I took after I got it finally running after just assembling it.
1780274_628444693887760_443092342_o.jpg

Last edited:
SWEET! Thanks for sharing. If the difference isnt huge, than i think i might just go with the BenQ 32" 2560x1440 Monitor. Do u think my setup could handle a 4K monitor?

I'm interested in a pc better suited for games. Unfortunately, I don't know where to start, with so many choices to choose from.

start with saving up about $1,500 :) in all seriousness though, go for it. You wont regret it. Joining Overclock.com has helped me immenesly

I was afraid that I'll have to spend a pretty penny for a new PC. I originally just wanted to update my graphics card, since it's the main thing thing holding me back from playing the games that I want. My current computer is store bought with a slim case, so I'm not sure if I can find a power supply and graphics card that can fit.

Having no prior experience to building, I'm worried that I might inadvertently ruin delicate components, though it seems to be the way to go for most PC enthusiasts. Anyways, I'm going to wait until things settle down before I figure what will work for me.

That is some super high secret technology in your hands. I wonder if you can use TapaTalk with the Nokia.

Yeah let's get back on topic. :)