1545 hrs PST
1745 hrs CST
1845 hrs EST
2345 hrs GMT
0045 hrs CET

Tri-Borg time! :)

What other surprises await us?

Last edited:
So... KP2 and Tri-borg will be available after Kombat Cast?
I doubt it. It's possible we'll get something on Tuesday, but as MK XL is not released until March 1st I think we may have to wait until then. We'll find out soon enough.

I'm guessing that the only thing available after the Kombat Kast will be a patch for the first character and The Pit.

I was really not expecting Cyber Sub-Zero... I wonder how it is even accessed. If it's legit, Tri-Borg must have a fourth variation??? ;o

No new skins to see yet =/

Maybe it's accessed in the same way that you select the no-variation mode for the other characters.... U, U, 2 (after selecting the character)

mkx_characterselect-jpg.11527

This looks to be variationless Triborg, as we also saw on his original reveal trailer. We know you can then select Sektor, Cyrax or Smoke as a variationm which then changes the colour to red, yellow or black respectively.

So, I have no idea how you select the Sub-Zero variant. It must be either a secret input, or possibly it is selected as an alt. skin or something. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I like the no variation mode for getting used to a character, at first.
That said, Tri-Borg may be different in that regard, as it seems like each cyborg is its own on the different variations (even Cyber Sub-Zero), unlike the rest of the roster which has just some differences in special moves among the variations.

Yeah, the first time I pick up a character I try them in training mode with no variation. It'll be interesting to see what Triborg and Bo's default movesets are like.

I like the no variation mode for getting used to a character, at first.
That said, Tri-Borg may be different in that regard, as it seems like each cyborg is its own on the different variations (even Cyber Sub-Zero), unlike the rest of the roster which has just some differences in special moves among the variations.
I don't think it's Triborg's 'no variation' mode. In the select screen, the character has the grey armor with blue lights from the original KP2 reveal before you select a variation, and the Cyber Sub footage shows the variation name above Triborg's name; IIRC it doesn't show the variation name if you go without a variation because there is none. I'm assuming CSZ is a hidden variation. I might be wrong on all this, though, since I only saw the CSZ stuff on Youtube.

It'll be interesting to see if Alien outsells Triborg, as so far it would seem that Triborg is giving you the most value for money as DLC characters go. Normally I wouldn't say that 1 variation = 1 character, but in this case you are essentially getting the best part of four characters for the price of one, and each variation has its own existing fan base.

I don't think it's Triborg's 'no variation' mode. In the select screen, the character has the grey armor with blue lights from the original KP2 reveal before you select a variation, and the Cyber Sub footage shows the variation name above Triborg's name; IIRC it doesn't show the variation name if you go without a variation because there is none. I'm assuming CSZ is a hidden variation. I might be wrong on all this, though, since I only saw the CSZ stuff on Youtube.

I dunno.
I'm just throwing guesses out there.
You may be right and it may be a hidden button-press variation.

It'll be interesting to see if Alien outsells Triborg, as so far it would seem that Triborg is giving you the most value for money as DLC characters go. Normally I wouldn't say that 1 variation = 1 character, but in this case you are essentially getting the best part of four characters for the price of one, and each variation has its own existing fan base.

True, but for the most part guests tend to sell like hot-cakes.
I don't know about Alien, but I could easily see Tri-Borg outselling Leatherface, as that's the guest character that got the biggest "Wtf, why?" reaction from people who were both pro-guest characters and pro-Alien.
Alien vs Predator is a huge seller, but I don't believe that Leatherface was really requested by anyone, for the most part.
I could be wrong, though.

God damn... Tri-borg (Quad-borg?) looks amazing. I seriously cannot wait for this character to drop. I could do without Cyber Sub Zero (hated him in MK9 and he looks like shit in MKX; design-wise), but it has no negative effect on the character. We still get the three relevant ones.