How do you guys study?

Nasty_Freak

I'm just wondering how you guys study. For me, I need to know some medications and a patient's condition and they're all in her profile in the internet. When the family talks to me, they will sometimes have questions. I just want to say the right facts right away rather than having to pause while we talk. I also need to refresh my memories on some procedures done such as inserting a foley catheter. It's in my book and obviously I can't bring it when I do my visits.

How do you guys study and remember certain facts or remember what needs to be done?

Any pictures drawn?

Flash cards? (Didn't really help me back in school btw.)

Quiet places (besides the library)?

Special techniques?

Find out a test date or predict one.

Then....

Take the notes I copied down and break them up into sections, and assign each section a certain day.

Then, I read through that section thoroughly, and read again but try to memorize key parts of the notes. If you can, short hand written notes so that you won't have to memorize key parts, but that particular sentence that was written.

When I was in school, I used to close my door on the rare occasions I actually studied and make sure all forms of entertainment were off. I would turn on a desk light, the dimmer light helped me relax and concentrate, bright lights were a distraction for me. I always wanted to make sure I was comfortable. I would also read the last page I read the night before on the next night to refresh my memory.

Smoke a lot of weed, get waisted off drinks, party, get laid and take the test the next morning... Wait wrong thread.. Exits.