Future of MK

Ed Boon just crushed everyone's dreams of seeing MK12 in VGA.
And people are still questioning him. .
I could say, that I can't believe that people actually expected something, but... these are the same people that thought 30th anniversary will have something.

But but muh leaks, Ed's a troll, it's been 4 years!!!!!.........................

I think this just means NRS are in shambles right now and their next game is obviously further out than we thought. The fact they won't even tease the game is proof enough of that. Well at least I don't have to suffer through the shill awards another year only to be let down once again. There's must be some restructuring going on at NRS that he can't talk about. I don't believe it's just because of the pandemic.

I think this just means NRS are in shambles right now and their next game is obviously further out than we thought. The fact they won't even tease the game is proof enough of that. Well at least I don't have to suffer through the shill awards another year only to be let down once again. There's must be some restructuring going on at NRS that he can't talk about. I don't believe it's just because of the pandemic.
Well, Zaslav is running around with his scythe, cutting everyone down. While I doubt NRS would suffer any major layoffs as they make money, I still think that devs themselves are crapping their pants. Nobody knows who will be let go.

All woke departments are getting cut out. Maybe we will get a Christmas miracle and 16 bit will get his ass kicked from NRS.

As much as I would love to see that, I doubt 16 bit is going anywhere he/shes been there since the MKX days. If anything he/she has been promoted. Ether way this can't be a good look for WB's shareholders when it's been four years since your last game and you have yet to have any game to show. There's no doubt a internal struggle is going on there.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to see that, I doubt 16 bit is going anywhere he/shes been there since the MKX days. If anything he/she has been promoted. Ether way this can't be a good look for WB's shareholders when it's been four years since your last game and you have yet to have any game to show. There's no doubt a internal struggle is going on there.
Technically they did release a new game. It is called Mortal Kombat: Onslaught on Mobile. It counts for shareholders. Is it making money? Apparently it is. Though MK Mobile is also another product they have.

I think they are simply busy with Mobile versions. Both versions get regular support. Especially MK Mobile, that was introduced alongside MKX, and it STILL getting constant support.

The bots certainly aren't doing this place any favours, any newcomers seeing all the spam recently probably wrote this place off.

Technically they did release a new game. It is called Mortal Kombat: Onslaught on Mobile. It counts for shareholders. Is it making money? Apparently it is. Though MK Mobile is also another product they have.

I think they are simply busy with Mobile versions. Both versions get regular support. Especially MK Mobile, that was introduced alongside MKX, and it STILL getting constant support.
Maybe but Boon has said NRS have two projects in the oven so unless Onslaught was one of those two I have my doubts it's the Mobile stuff. NRSs Mobile division is a seperate team (at least they where when MKX mobile released ). Even if that was the case they've released both mobile and console versions of the same games in the past. Unless Zaslav layed off more than half of NRS to just make mobile games now I seriously doubt a hundred plus staff of NRS employees are all working on that one mobile game.

Maybe but Boon has said NRS have two projects in the oven so unless Onslaught was one of those two I have my doubts it's the Mobile stuff. NRSs Mobile division is a seperate team (at least they where when MKX mobile released ). Even if that was the case they've released both mobile and console versions of the same games in the past. Unless Zaslav layed off more than half of NRS to just make mobile games now I seriously doubt a hundred plus staff of NRS employees are all working on that one mobile game.
It is a separate team, but it is still part of NRS from what I know.
Which is funny, as many shill kept making up excuses about lackluster support from NRS, when it came to balance patches or fixes, by saying that NRS is a very small studio and don't have the manpower to do it.
Aha. Riiiight. But they can be cooking multiple games no problem and even have 2 MOBILES games running, WHILE actively supporting them over the years.

Well thats my point. If their mobile teams can keep cranking out games no problem with continued support. Why can't the other teams? This is starting to remind me of EA/Bioware dumb shit with anthem all over again. All that time wasted for a over hyped POS game no one cared about in the end. I can only hope NRS next game doesn't meet the same fate.

So, the Dead Space Demake/Demaster illustrates my point once again. I haven't even played DS, and can see how the Demaster makes just about everything 100 times worse.

Not as bad as GTA Demaster, but pretty close... And some people beg for MK9 Demaster, especially with NRS track record??? Completely lost their minds.

Last edited:
Well thats my point. If their mobile teams can keep cranking out games no problem with continued support. Why can't the other teams? This is starting to remind me of EA/Bioware dumb shit with anthem all over again. All that time wasted for a over hyped POS game no one cared about in the end. I can only hope NRS next game doesn't meet the same fate.
Well. Let's look at progression of games.
MK9 = 1 currency: Gold koins.
MKX = 2 currencies: Gold koins and Tokens that can be bought. In game store. Ability to buy full unlock for the Krypt.
MK11 = 5 currencies: Gold Koins, Souls, Hearts, Tokens and Time Crystals. Tokens can be bought with Time Crystals and they in return can be bought with real cash. Premium Shop. Limited time offers.

Current game industry trend.

Bringing mobile games to big platforms. Examples: Genshin Impact, Diablo Immortal.

MK12 will be just fine.

I could say, that I can't believe that people actually expected something, but... these are the same people that thought 30th anniversary will have something.
Yup, and I said this same shit in the old thread, too.
NRS doesn't give 2 flying turds for Anniversary dates like people think they do.
This whole 30th Anniversary Twitter thing has just been a huge circle jerk to tell the fanbase "Hey, we're still here," but people run with anything and go "Oooh, Armageddon is leading up to the VGAs." NO, it leads up to a big ole bag of nothing.......just like the lackluster 20th and 25th anniversaries.

I can guarantee that 5 years will go by though and and some random asshole on the MK subreddits will go "oH, bUt ThE 35th AnNiVeRSaRy Is MuCh BiGgeR bEcAuSe "35" Is ThE aMoUnT oF tImEs I jErK iT wEeKLy aNd MoMmA's LuCkY pOwErBaLl NuMbEr."

Well. Let's look at progression of games.
MK9 = 1 currency: Gold koins.
MKX = 2 currencies: Gold koins and Tokens that can be bought. In game store. Ability to buy full unlock for the Krypt.
MK11 = 5 currencies: Gold Koins, Souls, Hearts, Tokens and Time Crystals. Tokens can be bought with Time Crystals and they in return can be bought with real cash. Premium Shop. Limited time offers.

Current game industry trend.

Bringing mobile games to big platforms. Examples: Genshin Impact, Diablo Immortal.

MK12 will be just fine.
I remember MK11 got a lot of back lash over that as well while NRS pretended to play dumb about it. It's painfully obvious they spent more time on the Krypt's predatory currency than anything else in the game. MK12 will be no different but It too will get the same scrutiny. No one buys MK on consoles/PC to play a glorified mobile game. No matter how hard WBs pushes for it.

I remember MK11 got a lot of back lash over that as well while NRS pretended to play dumb about it. It's painfully obvious they spent more time on the Krypt's predatory currency than anything else in the game. MK12 will be no different but It too will get the same scrutiny. No one buys MK on consoles/PC to play a glorified mobile game. No matter how hard WBs pushes for it.
Aha. But here is the problem.

MK11 got the backlash for it, but look at its sales. It sold a bank and from what I heard, it has officially surpassed MKX sales. So execs will look at this and will be like "Well it works! Let's double down on it!"