Ed Boon Announces No More DLC for Mortal Kombat 9

The bottom line is people will NEVER be satisfied.
NRS could put out a DLC character for every month of the year, and people would STILL b!tch.

Last edited:
ao020.png

When they released Freddy the press release even said he was the final of four DLC characters. That to me even back then said "This is it for DLC for MK9."

NRS can either move on to new projects or waste time on DLC for the old project. They chose wisely in my book.

They are still SUPPORTING MK9 with patches and hot fixes, just will not be developing new characters. Gotta save some for the new game after all.

The next game was already announced for a 2013 release along side with the feature film! Is no one else excited for that?! I say screw dlc and UMK9 lol

They are still SUPPORTING MK9 with patches and hot fixes, just will not be developing new characters. Gotta save some for the new game after all.

This is exactly what I was aiming at before in post #44 of this thread.
Just because MK9 doesn't have more DLC, doesn't meant that they stopped supporting MK9 altogether.

The next game was already announced for a 2013 release along side with the feature film! Is no one else excited for that?! I say screw dlc and UMK9 lol

I'm excited for both, but I just hope that NRS doesn't do a game based off of the movie (because we all know how great those are), and just does the next MK continuing from where MK9 left off.

such a thickle bunch us mk fans

R.I.P MK9 DLC'S, and I hope the next MK? game is awesome.

MOST people are a thickle bunch. ;-)
With MK9 having MK 1 thru UMK3 characters, MK1 thru UMK3 stages and Old-school Fatalities (some characters having both old-school fatalities combined into 1), I'm happy as hell with NRS not putting out any more DLC.

Online lag / online button delay aside, MK9 is awesome as it is.

I'm excited for both, but I just hope that NRS doesn't do a game based off of the movie (because we all know how great those are), and just does the next MK continuing from where MK9 left off.

I'm sure it'll just be a sequel to this game and not based on the movie. They put too much effort into the story and left a huge cliff hanger to keep it going. Besides, no one knows exactly what direction the movie will go in but I gotta feeling its gonna be about the first tournament which was already covered in mk9.

I guess I agree with you. If there will be UMK9, it better not be too expensive when I buy it. I would trade in MK for it btu I'd be alright if we leave it as is. I mean, there are other games we could be playing while waiting for the next generation MK.

It makes me sad for no dlc, I would love to see other characters like Nitara, Khameleon, or Drahmin on Mortal Kombat 9, with xrays and awesome fatalities, The one thing I loved about Mortal Kombat 9 is that they REALLY got personal with your favorite characters, You learned alot more about them, and They did an amazing job making every character unique with moves and fatalities, Its not just copies of others fatalities. I was upset when I heard no more dlc, because they said they would continue to make it as long as people was buying it. I know I bought everything. Oh well. MORTAL KOMBAT FOREVER!