Corrupted Shinnok

I just spammed her easy combos - forward + O,O,O; down+forward+square and jumped around, didn't have any problem with this guy whatsoever. Thought i don't like Cassie's specials at all.

Actually, he is. His backstory is directly based on the fall of Satan from the monotheistic Abrahamic religions. According to those religions, Satan was initially a high ranking archangel named Lucifer (another name still used to describe him) who wasn't satisfied with his status in Heaven and wanted to take over...much to God's chagrin...and was consequently banished to Hell as a result.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

On the Mortal Kombat Wiki, it says that Lucifer was the ruler of Netherrealm while Shinnok was imprisoned there. So while I'm sure Shinnok's story is suppose to parallel the fall of Lucifer, the actual Lucifer actually exists in MK lore.

How to beat corrupted Shinnok first time, every time, on any difficulty:

Do NOT 'fight' the character, just spam knock-down or dash attacks (unblockables are best) into AN (one) okizeme projectile and rinse repeat.

NB:
The "A.I." (or lack thereof) in this game consists of the CPU opponents' activating their attacks as the player inputs their own action. That is, the CPU will always beat the player 'on reaction' and only correct (/exploitative) spacing will allow for the player's attack to win (contingent upon attack used, of course).

I can't believe I'd ever type this, by Shao Kahn's embarrassing MK9 spam script had more "A.I." than C.Shinnok does.

Read Shinnok's character concept art. It explains the look they went for with both of his costumes.

Will do once I unlock everything from the Krypt.

Off topic a bit: I notice the PS store has unlocking entire krypt for sale. Who would pay $20 to unlock the entire Krypt? That's just wack. Why bother playing at that point?

Suprised no one has mentioned that his damn beam of fire has a second consecutive one that's unblockable. THAT's a pain in the ass to deal with.

He's a push over compared Kahn in MK9. The only time i'v lost to him is using a character I have no experience with and even then he dies a round or two after.

Kahn Hammer and spear spam was retarded on top of his OP shoulder charge. C. Shinnok is nothing. Especially if you use someone who can teleport behind his fire beam spam.

if someone hacked the game or used a cheat code to play as Corrupted Shinnok
Why would anyone want to? His design is generic (Blaze, anyone?) and his attacks look to be broken and boring.

I know MK9's bosses were broken, too, but they had a certain 'balance' to them (in the context of "boss" characters) -- no jumping, no EXs, no breakers, limited combos.

Help!!!!

Any way to beat him with the following characters without losing? How do I beat him (he keeps doing that cheap flamethrower move)? What would be the best variations?

- Kitana

- Cassie

* I can beat him without losing (sometimes while other times I still fall victim of the damn flames) with Mileena (only) just because she has her rolling attack and her splitting sai toss from her peircing variation.*

* I hope Tanya will have a lot of ducking attacks similar to the moves I mentioned about Mileena (most specifically her canon drill) return especially to avoid the flames of the Corrupted Shinnok!!!*

I want to win with my other favorite characters but so far, it's just Mileena who's my Lady Luck for this game. :(

Corrupted Shinnok looks awesome, and the first couple times I fought him he was fairly diffcult. I haven't fought him on intense yet but I did defeat him on Hard mode on my first try. I'm honestly surprised people found Shao Kahn more difficult in MK9. Armor frames or not Shao Kahn's attacks were easily punished if you blocked them, he had predictable AI, taunted, and had weak as shit normal attacks. His worst attack (besides his X-ray) was his hammer toss and that thing was SLOW. Corrupted Shinnok could stand to be more difficult but he's a marked improvement over MK9's bosses.

Also it could be worse, we could have gotten MK4 Shinnok as the final boss. :razz:

Corrupted Shinnok looks awesome, and the first couple times I fought him he was fairly diffcult. I haven't fought him on intense yet but I did defeat him on Hard mode on my first try. I'm honestly surprised people found Shao Kahn more difficult in MK9. Armor frames or not Shao Kahn's attacks were easily punished if you blocked them, he had predictable AI, taunted, and had weak as shit normal attacks. His worst attack (besides his X-ray) was his hammer toss and that thing was SLOW. Corrupted Shinnok could stand to be more difficult but he's a marked improvement over MK9's bosses.

Also it could be worse, we could have gotten MK4 Shinnok as the final boss. :razz:

For sure, Corrupted Shinnok is indeed beast. Holy crap when he does that flame thing. Not very predictable as Shao Kahn.

Speaking as a complete and total casual scrub in MK9, it took me more than 2 hours of non-stop attempts to beat Shao Kahn.

Speaking as a complete and total casual scrub in MK9, it took me more than 2 hours of non-stop attempts to beat Shao Kahn.

lmao same

In the Story Mode with Raiden it took me FOREVER. In arcade I could do it with Sindel and Jade (my mains) but only after ages of practice.

As the final fight in Traditional Towers is only 1 round against corrupted Shinnok, he always gets me the first time, but after a few retries, I finish him.

He can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but ok.

And the first time he did vis fatality on me, I was like... What??!!!

Help!!!!

Any way to beat him with the following characters without losing? How do I beat him (he keeps doing that cheap flamethrower move)? What would be the best variations?

- Kitana

- Cassie

* I can beat him without losing (sometimes while other times I still fall victim of the damn flames) with Mileena (only) just because she has her rolling attack and her splitting sai toss from her peircing variation.*

* I hope Tanya will have a lot of ducking attacks similar to the moves I mentioned about Mileena (most specifically her canon drill) return especially to avoid the flames of the Corrupted Shinnok!!!*

I want to win with my other favorite characters but so far, it's just Mileena who's my Lady Luck for this game. :(
Basically, all you need to do is get close to him and spam combos, sometimes mixing it up with jump attacks and throws. He is a beast only from a distance, in close he is nothing.

Demon Shinnok was pretty tought at first, but I was able to beat him on my third try. I do find his beam spam attack super annoying.

People mod and play as him in the arcade, and they just get normal victories,
and the victory effect glitches all arenas, it's hilarious, lol.